The following news appeared at TeamXBox:
The interactive entertainment industry’s elite creative talent and business executives gathered together on Tuesday evening, February 1, to honor the top video games of 2004, at the 8th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards, held during the annual D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas.
Voted and judged upon by game industry peer panels from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS), the professional organization dedicated to the advancement and recognition of interactive arts, the awards celebrate outstanding technical and artistic achievement in the world of interactive entertainment.
“The Interactive Achievement Awards provide an important arena for the interactive entertainment industry to showcase the year’s most outstanding video and computer games,” said Joseph Olin., president of the AIAS.
“This year’s winners not only represent some of 2004’s most popular games, but they also embody the spirit and innovation that has driven this industry since its inception.”
Winners of the 8th annual interactive achievement award categories are listed below, along with the corresponding publishers and developers, respectively.
4. Genre Awards
· Platform Action/Adventure Game Of The Year - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal)
· Action/Adventure Game Of The Year - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games/Rockstar North)
· Action Sports Game Of The Year - Tony Hawk’s Underground 2 (Activision/Neversoft)
· First Person Action Game Of The Year - Halo 2 (Microsoft/Bungie)
· Children’s Title Of The Year - Sly Cooper 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment America/Sucker Punch)
· Family Game of the Year – Donkey Konga (Nintendo/Namco)
· Fighting Game Of The Year - Mortal Kombat: Deception (Midway/Midway Chicago)
· Racing Game Of The Year - Burnout 3 (Electronic Arts/Criterion)
· Role Playing Game Of The Year - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
· Sports Simulation Game Of The Year - ESPN NFL 2K5 (Sega/Visual Concepts)
Click here if you want to learn more.
GameSpot has once again updated its Mortal Kombat: Deception media section. This time three new movies has been added. Two of them are updated versions of Shao Kahn's and Goro's "Trading Kard bios". The last one is a trailer to the GameCube version of the game, that shows Shao Kahn and Goro in action.
Click here to get those videos for free. Only a GameSpot Basic membership is required.