Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:40 pm 
Offline
Elder God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 8032
Location: Bulgaria, Germany
Side: Light
XBox Live: Armored Gambid
Yesterday, Netherrealm Studios creative director and Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon asked the fans on twitter what Mortal Kombat X news they would most like to see next:

- MKXL with GGPO for PC
- ESL tournament Season 4
- Balance/buff my fighter!

Today he decided to comment on the results informing everyone that the team is hearing them:

Ed Boon Confirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC


Giving the fact that Ed Boon pinned the tweet and that a PC version of Mortal Kombat XL with GGPO netcode is the clear winner, it would seem that Netherrealm Studios and Warner Bros might have finally decided to do right by the PC fans of the franchise. Other games like Injustice: Gods Among Us were also released much later for PC.

The second most voted entry is a balance patch for the game, so who knows we might get this one as well, or may be all of them. Ed Boon has been teasing the three topics for a while now, so fingers crossed.

We would like to remind you all that this still isn't equal to an official announcement. But still, what do you think? Are we going to get Mortal Kombat XL for PC?

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Discord and VKontakte.


Attachments:
ed-boon-confirmed-mortal-kombat-xl-for-pc.jpg
ed-boon-confirmed-mortal-kombat-xl-for-pc.jpg [ 48.73 KiB | Viewed 3038 times ]

_________________
I Rule This World!

Image

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:43 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Hope for this. But thinking of WB I doubt it.
Let's see how things go. If the BIG IF they make a good PC port I will gladly support them.
Just got playing MKX again with all it's issues on PC and it's a cool game not as bad as I thought still miss oldschool NOOB SAIBOT etc but ...

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:58 pm 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 933
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Like I said before, I would love to get all 3 of those things. And speaking of which, if these polls are any indicator, I would love them also add more characters and skins to the game. If they are gonna make an updated PC version for MKX, I think they can already make another update for MKXL, maybe calling it Ultimate Mortal Kombat XL (that's actually a cool name), adding Noob Saibot and Jade as they've won the polls, adding another character (perhaps Fujin), adding more skins to the DLC characters (except Leatherface each of his Variations have a skin already, Triborg has a different skin per Variation but they can just make classic skins for Triborg), and then bring that to all 3 platforms (PS4, XB1 and PC) along with a balance patch or 2, and make an ESL Season 4 for both PS4 and XB1, and maybe even PC as well. Hell, the PS4 version have more players then either the XB1 or PC ports, so maybe they can the XB1 and PC ports cross-platform with one another so we have to nearly equal playerbases for casual matches and ESL tournaments online (although it would be even cooler if everyone would be able to play with anyone from any platform :mrgreen: ).

As for doing all of that, Ed Boon said that those good news might come if everything goes his way, which probably means that the ones who need to do right aren't NRS but WB, because they apperently already trying to solve that issue for the fans.

If those things will happen, it would be more then amazing.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:11 pm 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
Like I said before, I would love to get all 3 of those things. And speaking of which, if these polls are any indicator, I would love them also add more characters and skins to the game. If they are gonna make an updated PC version for MKX, I think they can already make another update for MKXL, maybe calling it Ultimate Mortal Kombat XL (that's actually a cool name), adding Noob Saibot and Jade as they've won the polls, adding another character (perhaps Fujin), adding more skins to the DLC characters (except Leatherface each of his Variations have a skin already, Triborg has a different skin per Variation but they can just make classic skins for Triborg), and then bring that to all 3 platforms (PS4, XB1 and PC) along with a balance patch or 2, and make an ESL Season 4 for both PS4 and XB1, and maybe even PC as well. Hell, the PS4 version have more players then either the XB1 or PC ports, so maybe they can the XB1 and PC ports cross-platform with one another so we have to nearly equal playerbases for casual matches and ESL tournaments online (although it would be even cooler if everyone would be able to play with anyone from any platform :mrgreen: ).

As for doing all of that, Ed Boon said that those good news might come if everything goes his way, which probably means that the ones who need to do right aren't NRS but WB, because they apperently already trying to solve that issue for the fans.

If those things will happen, it would be more then amazing.


Let's cross fingers that WB will turn to the light side.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:17 pm 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 933
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Well to be fair, WB aren't the worst publishers in the world, there are a lot of video game publishers that are way worst then them. But yes let's cross fingers in hope for the best.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:38 pm 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
Well to be fair, WB aren't the worst publishers in the world, there are a lot of video game publishers that are way worst then them. But yes let's cross fingers in hope for the best.


I didn't said WB are the worst. There goes Koei/Namco together released games like One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 for PC full of missing textures for character models (missing body parts etc) and game never got a single damm patch.

Anyway.

Hope for the best for the PC scene

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:29 pm 
Offline
Mortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:48 am
Posts: 4
Side: Light
We PC gamers shall see what happens...

and yes, I sure hope some fighters get balanced, I think Jason is way too strong with those cheap unblockable grab moves in his Unstoppable variation.


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Ed Boon Just Konfirmed Mortal Kombat XL For PC?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:22 am 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 933
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Tempest Temper wrote:
We PC gamers shall see what happens...

and yes, I sure hope some fighters get balanced, I think Jason is way too strong with those cheap unblockable grab moves in his Unstoppable variation.


Also in the Relentless Variation, although not all of those grabs are actual throws, like the Choke one, so not all of them are unblockable. Also from my experience against Jason he's very easy to zone out. I faced so many Slasher Jasons online and I can very easily zone them out. I faced Unstoppable maybe like once but I assume he can be zoned even easier since he doesn't have a projectile in that Variation, just watch out for that Clothesline though. Relentless might be the harder Jason to deal with because of his ability to mess up your controls as well as his progressive damage buff, although I didn't face that many Relentless Jasons and with the ones I did face my track record isn't bad at all.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

  Design by Mighty Gorgon