Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:18 pm 
Online
Elder God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: Bulgaria, Germany
Side: Light
XBox Live: Armored Gambid
The worst thing for many Mortal Kombat fans has happened. A community admin over at the WBGames Community has announced that Netherrealm Studios and Warner Bros. have officially cancelled the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 ports of Mortal Kombat X:

After months of development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has come to the regrettable conclusion that we cannot release Mortal Kombat X for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Please know our teams worked diligently to meet the quality standards set by the current-gen versions of the game. We were not able to get the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to the quality expected of a Mortal Kombat game and are very sorry for not being able to deliver the products as originally planned.

If you pre-ordered Mortal Kombat X for PS3 or Xbox 360, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the game and you will receive a full refund.
I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title.


A possible cancellation of the two versions of the game has long been rumored among the fans due to the complete lack of updates.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Discord and VKontakte.

_________________
I Rule This World!

Image

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:54 pm 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Wow that sucks for PS3 and 360 owners, but I can't really blame NRS and WB for that as they did try to release a port for that and combining with HV's poor job and WB for hiring them (they were suppose to work on those ports as well as the PC one) along with the quality in graphics and stuff, it's not really surprising that they cancelled those ports.

Come to think of it, I really don't know how you could've port a next-gen game to a previous-gen console. I can see them to it the other way around, and they did it with Injustice by porting to the PS4, but I'm not sure if they could've done that path. The graphics and resolution would have to be toned down, and maybe some other issues. If there is a game that a company ported from current-gen consoles to previous ones, I would like to know.

I just hope that MK/NRS haters won't start another bandwagon. So many bandwagons and crap people throw at this game and can't see the beyond good and fun that this game brings to the table.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:15 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
Wow that sucks for PS3 and 360 owners, but I can't really blame NRS and WB for that as they did try to release a port for that and combining with HV's poor job and WB for hiring them (they were suppose to work on those ports as well as the PC one) along with the quality in graphics and stuff, it's not really surprising that they cancelled those ports.

Come to think of it, I really don't know how you could've port a next-gen game to a previous-gen console. I can see them to it the other way around, and they did it with Injustice by porting to the PS4, but I'm not sure if they could've done that path. The graphics and resolution would have to be toned down, and maybe some other issues. If there is a game that a company ported from current-gen consoles to previous ones, I would like to know.

I just hope that MK/NRS haters won't start another bandwagon. So many bandwagons and crap people throw at this game and can't see the beyond good and fun that this game brings to the table.


Ever since Midway bankrupted there is no real MK but an EPIC Warner Themed fighting games.

No more 3d
Buggy ports full of glitches and errors.
Last MK is the worst title since MKSF.


MKX is not Unreal Engine 4 it's UE 3 it could have been ported to PS3/XBOX although with less graphic details but it could have been made.
PC port is the most broken game port ever made for an MK game and PC is much more powerful than PS4 with most gamers.


And NRS WB lied to many people and screwed them only to tell them after months of silence - You are screwed go make refund requests.

It was obvious this game is canceled long before this announcement. Epic fail from WB and NRS and the studio they hired to make ports. Lame . Miss the old Midway times when MK was MK !

And please don't call people "crap " or "bandwagons" for complaining as they have full right to do so and no one can make them think otherwise.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:00 am 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Lord Dragu wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
Wow that sucks for PS3 and 360 owners, but I can't really blame NRS and WB for that as they did try to release a port for that and combining with HV's poor job and WB for hiring them (they were suppose to work on those ports as well as the PC one) along with the quality in graphics and stuff, it's not really surprising that they cancelled those ports.

Come to think of it, I really don't know how you could've port a next-gen game to a previous-gen console. I can see them to it the other way around, and they did it with Injustice by porting to the PS4, but I'm not sure if they could've done that path. The graphics and resolution would have to be toned down, and maybe some other issues. If there is a game that a company ported from current-gen consoles to previous ones, I would like to know.

I just hope that MK/NRS haters won't start another bandwagon. So many bandwagons and crap people throw at this game and can't see the beyond good and fun that this game brings to the table.


Ever since Midway bankrupted there is no real MK but an EPIC Warner Themed fighting games.

No more 3d
Buggy ports full of glitches and errors.
Last MK is the worst title since MKSF.


MKX is not Unreal Engine 4 it's UE 3 it could have been ported to PS3/XBOX although with less graphic details but it could have been made.
PC port is the most broken game port ever made for an MK game and PC is much more powerful than PS4 with most gamers.


And NRS WB lied to many people and screwed them only to tell them after months of silence - You are screwed go make refund requests.

It was obvious this game is canceled long before this announcement. Epic fail from WB and NRS and the studio they hired to make ports. Lame . Miss the old Midway times when MK was MK !

And please don't call people "crap " or "bandwagons" for complaining as they have full right to do so and no one can make them think otherwise.



You know what can make people think otherwise? Not taking things out or proportions like you do.

First of HV ported the game to PC, not NRS. Ed Boon said by himself that they delay the port of last gen consoles (also worked on by HV) in order to make sure that the game won't be released with bugs that will make the game completely unplayable. That was the unfortunate fate of the PC port, which seems to still be broken at the moment.

So the red light was there from the start, it's just that there was a hope, but now WB (not NRS, they have nothing to do with the last-gen ports) sent that message and they commit to give the players full refunds. And they had a good reason; they didn't want to release a broken port of the game like the PC was. They gave a warning, the red light was there, and they take responsibility and you can get a refund.

And like I said, I'm not sure if it was possible to release that big like MKX to last-gen, in fact every game that was about to be ported to last gen this year has been canceled (the port itself, that is). This is might be beyond the engine of the game.

MKX is nowhere near the level of SF, I play on PS4 and I have a blast. Even the online is not as bad as people say; it's just that the connection of my opponents sucks, but I always that I run into opponent with excellent connection like mine. I assume you play on the PC, well that's not NRS's fault (again), but HV.

I also remember you like the 3D games, while it's ok to like them; you can't not to respect the work and effort NRS did to MK9 and MKX. In fact MK Deception was more broken then either MK9 or MKX, and you couldn't had patch a game back then like now in order to make sure that there is no extremely broken stuff to make the entire game unplayable. I loved every game in MK, for all the good stuff that they brought to the table.

I for one love the MVC series, but I can't stand the speed and unbalance of every game since MVC2. Am I ignoring the good things in them? No, I just don't play them. I still love the older games, but the MVC series didn't aged well for me at least. MK however did so.

Every game NRS did is a legit MK game, except Injustice of course, which is also legit in it's own right.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:23 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
Lord Dragu wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
Wow that sucks for PS3 and 360 owners, but I can't really blame NRS and WB for that as they did try to release a port for that and combining with HV's poor job and WB for hiring them (they were suppose to work on those ports as well as the PC one) along with the quality in graphics and stuff, it's not really surprising that they cancelled those ports.

Come to think of it, I really don't know how you could've port a next-gen game to a previous-gen console. I can see them to it the other way around, and they did it with Injustice by porting to the PS4, but I'm not sure if they could've done that path. The graphics and resolution would have to be toned down, and maybe some other issues. If there is a game that a company ported from current-gen consoles to previous ones, I would like to know.

I just hope that MK/NRS haters won't start another bandwagon. So many bandwagons and crap people throw at this game and can't see the beyond good and fun that this game brings to the table.


Ever since Midway bankrupted there is no real MK but an EPIC Warner Themed fighting games.

No more 3d
Buggy ports full of glitches and errors.
Last MK is the worst title since MKSF.


MKX is not Unreal Engine 4 it's UE 3 it could have been ported to PS3/XBOX although with less graphic details but it could have been made.
PC port is the most broken game port ever made for an MK game and PC is much more powerful than PS4 with most gamers.


And NRS WB lied to many people and screwed them only to tell them after months of silence - You are screwed go make refund requests.

It was obvious this game is canceled long before this announcement. Epic fail from WB and NRS and the studio they hired to make ports. Lame . Miss the old Midway times when MK was MK !

And please don't call people "crap " or "bandwagons" for complaining as they have full right to do so and no one can make them think otherwise.



You know what can make people think otherwise? Not taking things out or proportions like you do.

First of HV ported the game to PC, not NRS. Ed Boon said by himself that they delay the port of last gen consoles (also worked on by HV) in order to make sure that the game won't be released with bugs that will make the game completely unplayable. That was the unfortunate fate of the PC port, which seems to still be broken at the moment.

So the red light was there from the start, it's just that there was a hope, but now WB (not NRS, they have nothing to do with the last-gen ports) sent that message and they commit to give the players full refunds. And they had a good reason; they didn't want to release a broken port of the game like the PC was. They gave a warning, the red light was there, and they take responsibility and you can get a refund.

And like I said, I'm not sure if it was possible to release that big like MKX to last-gen, in fact every game that was about to be ported to last gen this year has been canceled (the port itself, that is). This is might be beyond the engine of the game.

MKX is nowhere near the level of SF, I play on PS4 and I have a blast. Even the online is not as bad as people say; it's just that the connection of my opponents sucks, but I always that I run into opponent with excellent connection like mine. I assume you play on the PC, well that's not NRS's fault (again), but HV.

I also remember you like the 3D games, while it's ok to like them; you can't not to respect the work and effort NRS did to MK9 and MKX. In fact MK Deception was more broken then either MK9 or MKX, and you couldn't had patch a game back then like now in order to make sure that there is no extremely broken stuff to make the entire game unplayable. I loved every game in MK, for all the good stuff that they brought to the table.

I for one love the MVC series, but I can't stand the speed and unbalance of every game since MVC2. Am I ignoring the good things in them? No, I just don't play them. I still love the older games, but the MVC series didn't aged well for me at least. MK however did so.

Every game NRS did is a legit MK game, except Injustice of course, which is also legit in it's own right.


MK Deception more broken than MKX or MK9?
I don't remember communities full of RAGE against Midway like now with MKX where many people complain of the game being really broken especially PC port.
Ever since Updates arrived games are incomplete. You get Half-made even less game and then pay double the prize of the game for DLC or updates *to fix* stuff in the game which you PAY for. Sorry but not anyone can afford Harddrive space for GBs of updates and Most of all money for broken ports .

The PS2 age of MK was the only real age of MK titles. Surely MK9 has a lot of content and I don't find it really broken it works perfectly but MKX is the worst PC port ever.

Batman Arkham Knight also follows it's formula . In one word WB is not good for games and all small studios under it's control are making shitty stuff last years.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:11 am 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
That comparison is beyond legit. MKX and MK9 are way less broken then MKD, otherwise MKD would be competitive like MK9 and and MKX are. Also, the PC port is broken yes, but what about PS4 and XB1? Those ports are amazing and fully playable. Even with some bugs here and there, it's completely playable and competitive, while MKD, due to some bugs in itself, wasn't competitive but it was still functional for casual play and it was an amazing game, but MK9 and MKX are better overall. You can't compare MKD to MKX based on one port alone. Just watch the history of MK series here and see why.

And of course that people will complain as there are patches for balance which might cause problems while fixing others. That's how patching works, MKD never was patched and that is why it reminded broken.

I'm sure that all the rage you read is mostly just about the PC port alone, but again, it's just one port. And trust me, MKD did had it's share of rants from haters.

And about DLC. One question: Have you played any Street Fighter game? Up to now every SF game had fully paid updates and if you didn't pay for one, you would stay behind everyone who did buy it. MKX and MK9 had free patches, and every single DLC character or pack is 100% optional. And both MKX and MK9 had more then enough content without DLC. Just for MKX alone: 24 characters with 3 variations each, tons of mini games and modes, fully length story mode, a newly designed Krypt etc.

And for the record, the PC ports for Batman and MKX were both made be different studios then Rocksteady and NRS. Even Watch Dogs wasn't functional at all for PC in comparison to it's console ports, and that was made by one studio alone. It's no just a WB thing, it's just really hard to port a console game to PC.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:19 pm 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
That comparison is beyond legit. MKX and MK9 are way less broken then MKD, otherwise MKD would be competitive like MK9 and and MKX are. Also, the PC port is broken yes, but what about PS4 and XB1? Those ports are amazing and fully playable. Even with some bugs here and there, it's completely playable and competitive, while MKD, due to some bugs in itself, wasn't competitive but it was still functional for casual play and it was an amazing game, but MK9 and MKX are better overall. You can't compare MKD to MKX based on one port alone. Just watch the history of MK series here and see why.

And of course that people will complain as there are patches for balance which might cause problems while fixing others. That's how patching works, MKD never was patched and that is why it reminded broken.

I'm sure that all the rage you read is mostly just about the PC port alone, but again, it's just one port. And trust me, MKD did had it's share of rants from haters.

And about DLC. One question: Have you played any Street Fighter game? Up to now every SF game had fully paid updates and if you didn't pay for one, you would stay behind everyone who did buy it. MKX and MK9 had free patches, and every single DLC character or pack is 100% optional. And both MKX and MK9 had more then enough content without DLC. Just for MKX alone: 24 characters with 3 variations each, tons of mini games and modes, fully length story mode, a newly designed Krypt etc.

And for the record, the PC ports for Batman and MKX were both made be different studios then Rocksteady and NRS. Even Watch Dogs wasn't functional at all for PC in comparison to it's console ports, and that was made by one studio alone. It's no just a WB thing, it's just really hard to port a console game to PC.


It's easy to screw people with Buggy Port.
I have MKD and MK Unchained and both work great on the consoles and never experienced Issues.
The fault is to NRS for not doing their work and letting some NOOBS do it and screw up, also WB for allowing things like that with many of their titles. I do not own PS4 or XBone. I am owning PC. If they want PC ports then they must make them good. PC is quite more powerful especially mine than PS4 or XBone or PS3.

Why we don't complain from Rockstar for example . They did some bugs in the GTA V for PC but they fixed them. Aside of that Game Unexpectedly worked very good even on less powerful PCs. They did the PC port themselves. From Console To PC and even BETTER than Console with astonishing visuals and features.


But NRS did not do the port themselves. It's easy to wash their hands now.
As for MKX ...MK9 - Much better - More characters, more stages, BETTER story.
MKX Can't match MKD in terms of story and content. MKD also has 3 styles for characters which can be used at ANY time unlike MKX.
MKX is a side scroller.
MKD is fully 3D game.
MKX has better Krypt I can admit that.
MKD has better characters in it . Fan favorites not some Kids and ridiculous story which doesn't tell us what happened to most missing characters from MK9.
MKD has better mini-games.

And it get's worse with every new release . Just lies from Boon and NRS lies and all lies. Now prove me wrong. Tell they didn't screwed PS3 XBOX360 people and PC owners with this bad port.

You are right about one thing. I shall not compare MKX to MKD. I shall not compare it to any PS2 game because any PS2 game just beats that game because I haven't seen more bad MK game than MKX with the exception of Special Forces.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:08 am 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
You can't compare MKX to GTA V. Rockstar worked on the PC port themselves, but they worked on it way after it was released on consoles. MKX was released for all those ports at the same time. That is why it was easier to fix the GTA's PC port. And if you wanna talk about other games, Watch Dogs was also released for both current-gen and last gen consoles as well as for PC, and I've checked it myself and the PC port of Watch Dogs is also an awful port, and that ports was never fixed. And while the last-gen console ports work good, they don' have the quality in graphics that the current-gen ports have. WB knew this might happen to MKX with the now-canceld ports for last gen, and they couldn't bring it to the level of PS4/XB1 so the canceled it.

And yes PC might be a more powerful system, but it was way different then consoles. It's not just the power of the system but also the structure of the system and maybe a lot of the stuff. So when you take a game that is suppose to work for consoles and you port it the PC, the power of the PC alone isn't gonna save that port. That is why the PC ports for MKX, Arkham Knight and Watch Dogs didn't work, and why he PC port for GTA got way later then it's console ports, and even that wasn't without problems before it was fixed.

Also, WB was the one who decided to hire HV stuidos to work the PC/PS3/360 ports. NRS didn't say a word on who's gonna work on what. WB are the ones who calling the shots. Yes Ed Boon and NRS are taking orders from WB, as WB are the publishers who own the rights to Mortal Kombat since Midway got closed, NRS are just the development team who work on the main ports of the game (PS4/XB1) and the patches to them. They might work with whoever works on other ports (HV studioe) regarding patches, but not more then that.

And regarding the PC port, it seems you have an outdated version of it. As the PC port works fine for some people. There is a guy on this site named "ahim" who managed to fix his problem himself. You just need to go if there is an updated version of MKX for PC, or you can talk to "ahim" or another guy here named "Lordus", both of their PC versions of MKX work fine.

Also what lies from Ed Boon? Just because they say that they are gonna be other ports for MKX and they didn't work that's not Ed Boon lying. That's not his fault that HV studios screwed up with those ports. In fact Ed Boon gave us a warning that the reason why the Ps3/360 ports were delayed was because that they were not function well and they didn't want to release a bad port. So the red light was there from the start, that isn't lying at all.

And about MKX and MKD, I see that you're a fan of MKD and while I'm happy that you like that game which is indeed awesome to it's casual-play fighting system, story and extra content, MKX is a better game overall. It has a better story with better presentation, a fighting system that is good for competitive AND casual play, an amazing krypt mode, tons of extra content and mini games that change on regular basis via cloud system and is way more then what MKD offered (the Krypt itself is a mini game in MKX) and some of the coolest characters MK has ever had like D'Vorah, Cassie and Takeda. And with e variations for one character, that makes the roster of 72 characters without the DLC ones, unlike MKD which have only 30 characters because they stay the same while the change fighting styles (there is a difference between MKX's variation and MKD's fighting style system) And the 2.5D format makes the game good for competitive and casuals, unlike MKD-MKDC that it's 3D format was too broken for competitive players, but it was still an awesome game in general, but MKX is better.

Obviously since you have the PC port you can easily get mad, I don't blame you, but you can't make such claims with no basis at all. The PS4 and XB1 ports shows how great MKX is, and even people who have the good and updated version of the PC port.

MKX is far better then Special Forces or MKD, hell, Special Forces wasn't even near MKD-MKDC, so MKX? Hell No. Don't take your frustrations on one single port that might be fixed while there are other, amazing ports for MKX.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:57 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
You can't compare MKX to GTA V. Rockstar worked on the PC port themselves, but they worked on it way after it was released on consoles. MKX was released for all those ports at the same time. That is why it was easier to fix the GTA's PC port. And if you wanna talk about other games, Watch Dogs was also released for both current-gen and last gen consoles as well as for PC, and I've checked it myself and the PC port of Watch Dogs is also an awful port, and that ports was never fixed. And while the last-gen console ports work good, they don' have the quality in graphics that the current-gen ports have. WB knew this might happen to MKX with the now-canceld ports for last gen, and they couldn't bring it to the level of PS4/XB1 so the canceled it.

And yes PC might be a more powerful system, but it was way different then consoles. It's not just the power of the system but also the structure of the system and maybe a lot of the stuff. So when you take a game that is suppose to work for consoles and you port it the PC, the power of the PC alone isn't gonna save that port. That is why the PC ports for MKX, Arkham Knight and Watch Dogs didn't work, and why he PC port for GTA got way later then it's console ports, and even that wasn't without problems before it was fixed.

Also, WB was the one who decided to hire HV stuidos to work the PC/PS3/360 ports. NRS didn't say a word on who's gonna work on what. WB are the ones who calling the shots. Yes Ed Boon and NRS are taking orders from WB, as WB are the publishers who own the rights to Mortal Kombat since Midway got closed, NRS are just the development team who work on the main ports of the game (PS4/XB1) and the patches to them. They might work with whoever works on other ports (HV studioe) regarding patches, but not more then that.

And regarding the PC port, it seems you have an outdated version of it. As the PC port works fine for some people. There is a guy on this site named "ahim" who managed to fix his problem himself. You just need to go if there is an updated version of MKX for PC, or you can talk to "ahim" or another guy here named "Lordus", both of their PC versions of MKX work fine.

Also what lies from Ed Boon? Just because they say that they are gonna be other ports for MKX and they didn't work that's not Ed Boon lying. That's not his fault that HV studios screwed up with those ports. In fact Ed Boon gave us a warning that the reason why the Ps3/360 ports were delayed was because that they were not function well and they didn't want to release a bad port. So the red light was there from the start, that isn't lying at all.

And about MKX and MKD, I see that you're a fan of MKD and while I'm happy that you like that game which is indeed awesome to it's casual-play fighting system, story and extra content, MKX is a better game overall. It has a better story with better presentation, a fighting system that is good for competitive AND casual play, an amazing krypt mode, tons of extra content and mini games that change on regular basis via cloud system and is way more then what MKD offered (the Krypt itself is a mini game in MKX) and some of the coolest characters MK has ever had like D'Vorah, Cassie and Takeda. And with e variations for one character, that makes the roster of 72 characters without the DLC ones, unlike MKD which have only 30 characters because they stay the same while the change fighting styles (there is a difference between MKX's variation and MKD's fighting style system) And the 2.5D format makes the game good for competitive and casuals, unlike MKD-MKDC that it's 3D format was too broken for competitive players, but it was still an awesome game in general, but MKX is better.

Obviously since you have the PC port you can easily get mad, I don't blame you, but you can't make such claims with no basis at all. The PS4 and XB1 ports shows how great MKX is, and even people who have the good and updated version of the PC port.

MKX is far better then Special Forces or MKD, hell, Special Forces wasn't even near MKD-MKDC, so MKX? Hell No. Don't take your frustrations on one single port that might be fixed while there are other, amazing ports for MKX.


I think you are blindly supporting NRS and WB.
First you tell MKX has 72 characters . Seriously ?!
They could have made 1 ultimate style with all those attacks per game. Don't tell me otherwise. There are no 72 characters in MKX.
MKX Story better than MKD

Even MKDA beats MKX stupid story and the WORST rooster of characters in MK game to-date. Takeda, Cassie . Seriously?! These are the worst characters I have tired ever. Let's get rid of the fan favorites Noob Saibot, Smoke, Baraka etc and put jokes like them.
Ed Boon and whole NRS and WB lied to many people about PS3 XBOX ports. Why didn't he told people earlier they won't make them or at least keep them updated? Why months silence. I have PC port yes but I don't like MKX either. Just the way they screw people and not only them is making me think of gaming industry otherwise now.

All is about PAID dlc and GBs of updates.

You know what this game uses UE3 and it should work well on PC. Who told them DO this INSTANTLY for PC or PS3/XB360? No one. They could have QA the product before releasing it instead they made many people raging toward them with FULL rights! They screwed and they deserve to be mocked Both NRS and WB are going even worse. Don't want to think of new MK title anymore . The last good MK was MKA.
The best MK was MKSM although it's a different style.

MKX is getting me bored after two matches. MKSM is making me play for hours same for MKD , MKDA or MKA. All of these are cool even MK9.

I have a lot of basis BTW. Google MKX PC port issues and see how many people make reports of the game. When you want to release you make SURE all works well not hurry to get money and rob people.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
MKX have 72 characters by deafut because every variation gives you different options which can change the gameplay style of the character. So every character feels like 3 characters. Not only that it makes every character look different in any variation but also makes changes the pros and cons of a character against any other character in any other variation. That makes the game a very deep and versatile one, and by that you can play a character the way you want. If the characters will have all of those attacks, the players would have to adjust to moves that they don't like to use or even can't use, which will hard the competitive side of the game. That way both casual and competitive players can have fun of the game.

MK:DA doesn't even have a story mode, yes it has opening movie, bios and endings but not only MKX has a story mode, it is still makes the series with best, most well-wrote and best-presentaion story in fighting games. Also all of the characters make the series fresh and new, it's important to keep the series fresh with new characters as NRS can't rely on the old ones forever except a select few. In fact some of the characters in the PS2 are the worst characters ever, like Hsu Hao, Dariou, Darrios, Kobra and Kira, unless of course NRS rebuild them like they did with Bo Rai Cho in MKX.

All of the DLC is optional, you don't want it? Don't buy it, there are games that forceing you to buy theier DLC or you're stuck with an outdated version of the game, like Guilty Gear, Blazeblue, and even non-fighting games like Destiny. Also, some of the DLC in MKX is free, like the classic MK ninja skins and classic Fatalities.

Ed Boon and NRS have nothing to do with the PC port, it was supposed to be handelled by HV studios. And I find hard to believe that WB rushed the PC port, as they did delayed the last-gen ports because they wanted to make sure that they will work fine. HV Studios need to do the QA, yes, but it's still has no connection to NRS or Ed Boon, because those 2 a e different studios who both work for WB. And yes it is on UE3, but the PC is a different system then console, it's not just the power of the system or the engine of the game. Watch Dogs had a bad PC port while the consoles ones were good, the same goes for MKX.

And again you base all of your anger on just one port. You can't do so, because it's unfair to MKX and NRS, who did worked on the PS4 and XB1 and it is awesome. Even the little bugs that are in there don't kill it and those ports are amazing. I already suggested you to talk to Ahim or Lordus for your PC port problems, that would be better then just make unfair rants.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:34 pm 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
MKX have 72 characters by deafut because every variation gives you different options which can change the gameplay style of the character. So every character feels like 3 characters. Not only that it makes every character look different in any variation but also makes changes the pros and cons of a character against any other character in any other variation. That makes the game a very deep and versatile one, and by that you can play a character the way you want. If the characters will have all of those attacks, the players would have to adjust to moves that they don't like to use or even can't use, which will hard the competitive side of the game. That way both casual and competitive players can have fun of the game.

MK:DA doesn't even have a story mode, yes it has opening movie, bios and endings but not only MKX has a story mode, it is still makes the series with best, most well-wrote and best-presentaion story in fighting games. Also all of the characters make the series fresh and new, it's important to keep the series fresh with new characters as NRS can't rely on the old ones forever except a select few. In fact some of the characters in the PS2 are the worst characters ever, like Hsu Hao, Dariou, Darrios, Kobra and Kira, unless of course NRS rebuild them like they did with Bo Rai Cho in MKX.

All of the DLC is optional, you don't want it? Don't buy it, there are games that forceing you to buy theier DLC or you're stuck with an outdated version of the game, like Guilty Gear, Blazeblue, and even non-fighting games like Destiny. Also, some of the DLC in MKX is free, like the classic MK ninja skins and classic Fatalities.

Ed Boon and NRS have nothing to do with the PC port, it was supposed to be handelled by HV studios. And I find hard to believe that WB rushed the PC port, as they did delayed the last-gen ports because they wanted to make sure that they will work fine. HV Studios need to do the QA, yes, but it's still has no connection to NRS or Ed Boon, because those 2 a e different studios who both work for WB. And yes it is on UE3, but the PC is a different system then console, it's not just the power of the system or the engine of the game. Watch Dogs had a bad PC port while the consoles ones were good, the same goes for MKX.

And again you base all of your anger on just one port. You can't do so, because it's unfair to MKX and NRS, who did worked on the PS4 and XB1 and it is awesome. Even the little bugs that are in there don't kill it and those ports are amazing. I already suggested you to talk to Ahim or Lordus for your PC port problems, that would be better then just make unfair rants.


Roy tell hundreds of people my rants are Unfair!
NO THEY are fair. Just because you have PS4 and working port doesn't mean I have to agree with you that

First

NRS and WB are not liars as they truly are.
MKX has 72 characters - that's not true- All that chars have is Different Special attacks and some costume accessories.
And last MKX is a good game - Hell not it's the worst for me. All I did for it was to make a mod and then say no I don't like this shit and no one can make me think otherwise. Once a game is screwed in my eyes no matter how many patches, DLCs or any updates they release this game has been drawn much below my eyes. It doesn't deserve the GBs of HDD space. MK9 WAS much better.

I have no more troubles with PC except some levels have lowers FPS but then again It's not NRS or WB for not doing their job and hiring a noob studio to do noob work , it 's me who complain and all hundreds of people if not more who owe PC port but for some reason have troubles with Unreal 3 engine port while being able to run much more complicated games on their PCs without a problem. It's not me who play MK titles on PS2 and have no troubles except for some scratches on DVDs but shall not worry about broken ports.

Well It's MKX. The best the glorious of all MK titles. The most brilliant PC port !
All hail Ed Boon - you always keep to your promises - Just played MKX on my PS3 what a good game
All Hail WB for making so good titles and hire good studios - Not a single bug , screw those like me for ranting here on the only good MK community since I don't know of an official Site or Forums for MK titles. Ohh come on who am I to ask for Community Hub where we can say things directly in their faces, oops pardon me , wanted to say to praise their Beautiful brilliant ports and latest games like Batman Arkham Knight, PC MKX, XB360 MKX and PS3 MKX. Outstanding am I not. 72 characters, GREAT online no lags or bugs, very few HDD space, pretty cool story with a lot of the old characters returning... I mean really ... old and older . Who needs Noob-Saibot they did well by removing him without a trace truly he now is gone into the oblivion of Darkness. Who needs Skarlet, Cyrax all shall be wiped out. But we need more fresh in the absolute fresh way chars like Cassie Cage who like out of nowhere defeated Shinnok in his mightiest form a super villain who was behind MKA and all the later story and manipulating things only to be defeated by JC comic hero daughter right from her first title and again to see Dark Raiden because we missed him so much much. Ohh yes Roy you are right we shall praise that Perfectly minded story in MKX so beautiful and nothing to do with the one in MK9 where Shinnok appeared more bad ass than in his MKX game at the end of the Story Mode. As for Quanchi maybe he got so old that they decided to make him so weak and joke. After all best way to get rid of the most powerful sorcerer in MK game by making him so weak in his last game that only the story mode shows us why - he dies and he shall in matches too.

Yes perfect games, perfect ports . I enjoy my PS3 MKX Port and My PC port so much I can't stop playing them.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:04 pm 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Your sarcasm is completely inappropriate, really now.

Your claims are indeed unfair, since my port is working I can see how the game should really work. Just because the PC port was bad that doesn't mean the ENTIRE game is bad. Judging a game based on just one port is unfair, and even if you are the one who suffered from that port, claiming those claim is unfair on your part. The port is screwed (or maybe just your outdated version) but the game itself is not screwed.

And the problem with the PC is that you can't do any mods? That's the problem? Dude, there are more crucial things than that. I don't know how many people like mods that much but if I have to guess it's like a very minor thing.

Also I really wonder how is it that you start those rants on the PC port, during a news post regarding another port that you didn't even want to play. You play on PC and not on PS3/360, so why ranting now and throw all of those random stuff? Just for the sake of ranting? Lame.

And going back to the sarcasm of yours, Cassie's powers and Quan Chi's weakness is explained very well. Johnny was a part of legendary fighters family, and he got the powers from them, unknown to him, and Cassie got those powers from Johnny, that origin of power is explained in Johnny's bio and ending in MK9. And those powers can make the one who possess them to fight the gods. And Quan Chi got weaker because Shinnok was stuck in the amulet, so he wasn't there for Quan Chi to have Shinnok as a power source. Without Shinnok, Quan Chi is weaker. All of that isn't sudden at all. If you are a true MK fan you would actually pay attention to the story and details. Yet you bring those rants.

And yes every character in MKX is like 3 characters, those moves and combos can change a character a lot, as it's a great way to develop the competitive side of the game.

Now seriously, you make all of those rants and for what? Just to justify the original timeline of MK and the PS2 games? All of them were really good, but dude you need to get your facts straight. You blame Boon for "promises" that he never made, because he didn't promise anything regarding PC and PS3/360, none of that was his decision. You making up fairy tales that Tobias created MK alone and Boon got rid of him, did you watch the "history of MK" series here on this site? And of course all of the other stuff.

Dude, you need to stop making things up. It's not good for anyone here.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:47 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
Your sarcasm is completely inappropriate, really now.

Your claims are indeed unfair, since my port is working I can see how the game should really work. Just because the PC port was bad that doesn't mean the ENTIRE game is bad. Judging a game based on just one port is unfair, and even if you are the one who suffered from that port, claiming those claim is unfair on your part. The port is screwed (or maybe just your outdated version) but the game itself is not screwed.

And the problem with the PC is that you can't do any mods? That's the problem? Dude, there are more crucial things than that. I don't know how many people like mods that much but if I have to guess it's like a very minor thing.

Also I really wonder how is it that you start those rants on the PC port, during a news post regarding another port that you didn't even want to play. You play on PC and not on PS3/360, so why ranting now and throw all of those random stuff? Just for the sake of ranting? Lame.

And going back to the sarcasm of yours, Cassie's powers and Quan Chi's weakness is explained very well. Johnny was a part of legendary fighters family, and he got the powers from them, unknown to him, and Cassie got those powers from Johnny, that origin of power is explained in Johnny's bio and ending in MK9. And those powers can make the one who possess them to fight the gods. And Quan Chi got weaker because Shinnok was stuck in the amulet, so he wasn't there for Quan Chi to have Shinnok as a power source. Without Shinnok, Quan Chi is weaker. All of that isn't sudden at all. If you are a true MK fan you would actually pay attention to the story and details. Yet you bring those rants.

And yes every character in MKX is like 3 characters, those moves and combos can change a character a lot, as it's a great way to develop the competitive side of the game.

Now seriously, you make all of those rants and for what? Just to justify the original timeline of MK and the PS2 games? All of them were really good, but dude you need to get your facts straight. You blame Boon for "promises" that he never made, because he didn't promise anything regarding PC and PS3/360, none of that was his decision. You making up fairy tales that Tobias created MK alone and Boon got rid of him, did you watch the "history of MK" series here on this site? And of course all of the other stuff.

Dude, you need to stop making things up. It's not good for anyone here.


He never made a promises ?

http://i.imgur.com/zuR9ss0.gifv

And what I said was all about MKX as a whole not just the PC which I don't want anymore to discuss. Like I said you are one WE are hundreds of disappointed people by latest WB NRS games and I grow tired of lies and riddles.

And please show some respect. Saying my criticism is ranting is insulting me. I also have opinion. Go to steam community and post a nice " All hail Ed Boon for being the best Director ever and MKX is the best" and see what good answers you will have. Go defend him there if you dare.

As for 72 chars more bigger bullshit I haven't read even from Boon Himself!

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:32 am 
Online
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
That "promise" that you showed from the interview with Angry Joe, that is still not a promise, as Ed Boon could've say it based on what HV studios told him. Maybe HVS told NRS that the PC port is ready and they are the ones who lied to him. I mean, that's a possibility. And even if was a promise directed from Ed Boon himself, that is still just ONE comment.

A lot of the stuff that you did said, like the story or the quality of the gameplay isn't legit, and it's not just me as one person who say it, and not hundreds, but thousands, and even millions. Everyone who bought the console version knows how great the game is. They might not like a few things here and there, but they're not going to base their statement on the PC port alone, because even they know it's unfair to the game, and the overall feeling towards the game from everyone is much more love then hate.

And yes your ranting is not legit, because your ranting is based on a limited amount of details. You want me to go to Steam? Judging by your comments, I'm sure they will be biased and make those rants just because they got a port that isn't even made by NRS. That's just proves even more that you do base your rants just on the PC port alone. If you go to any other site, even if a few people would agree with you (and those would probably be MK/NRS haters that will bash them no matter what to stroke their own ego), once everyone would realize what is the basis for your rants, I'm damn sure you will get into a very uncomfortable situation.

And one more thing, the guy who interviewed Ed Boon and that gif you brought here, Angry Joe, he said by himself that every character is like 3 characters, which means that the overall roster without DLC is not 24 characters buts 72. He said that in his review MKX, for which he gave the console version a score of 8/10, and the PC port (if and when it's patched, which I'm sure it is by now) a score of 7/10, because he's not gonna let the stuff that he doesn't like about the game to overshadow all of the good stuff that the MKX has to offer. And he's a huge MK fan.

So yeah, I'm not gonna be biased like some people.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Last edited by Roy Arkon on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat X For XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 Cancelled
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:49 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 362
Roy Arkon wrote:
That "promise" that you showed from the interview with Angry Joe, that is still not a promise, as Ed Boon could've say it based on what HV studios told him. Maybe HVS told NRS that the PC port is ready and they are the ones who lied to him. I mean, that's a possibility. And even if was a promise directed from Ed Boon himself, that is still just ONE comment.

A lot of the stuff that you did said, like the story or the quality of the gameplay isn't legit, and it's not just me as one person who say it, and not hundreds, but thousands, and even millions. Everyone who bought the console version knows how great the game is. They might not like a few things here and there, but they're not going to base their statement on the PC port alone, because even they know it's unfair to the game, and the overall feeling towards the game from everyone is much more love then hate.

And yes your ranting is not legit, because your ranting is based on a limited amount of details. You want me to go to Steam? Judging by your comments, I'm sure they will be biased and make those rants just because they got a port that isn't even made by NRS. That's just proves even more that you do base your rants just on the PC port alone. If you go to any other site, even if a a few people would agree with you (and those would probably be MK/NRS haters that will bash them no matter what to stroke their own ego), once everyone would realize what is the basis for your rants, I'm damn sure you will get into a very uncomfortable situation.

And one more thing, the guy who interviewed Ed Boon and that gif you brought here, Angry Joe, he said by himself that every character is like 3 characters, which means that the overall roster without DLC is not 24 characters buts 72. He said that in his review MKX, for which he gave the console version a score of 8/10, and the PC port (if and when it's patched, which I'm sure it is by now) a score of 7/10, because he's not gonna let the stuff that he doesn't like about the game to overshadow all of the good stuff that the MKX has to offer. And he's a huge MK fan.

So yeah, I'm gonna be biased like some people.


Edit.
Removed my comment. Better not talk anymore. I got enough here. Let others post their opinions and not read our discussion here..

Roy whatever man just whatever.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

  Design by Mighty Gorgon