Tutorial: Character mesh mod

Sergal
Mortal

Re: Tutorial: Character mesh mod

Post by Sergal »

Hi gamers, I have tried many times to add catwoman mesh to Skarlet without success, I think the error is in point 33 "Transfer Weights"
In the bottom panel SOURCE the ALL LAYERS option does not appear Only on DESTIN ,

SOURCE
By Order
BY Name
Active Layer

DESTIN
All Layers
Active Layer

I am using version 2.75 of Blender, Can someone tell me how to fill these fields? After injecting the new mesh into the Skarlet.xxx file (decompress) , no changes are made in the game!

P.S. My English is broken, Sorry Guys!

DON
Mortal
PSN: DonKratoafjf
XBox Live: dcf

Post by DON »

Hey Bro Ur Tutorial Is Very Helpful
But Is There Any Way To get Mk9 skeletalmesh blender import/exprot plugin Work For PS3
Because Its Only For PC
judgmentfist
Mortal

Post by judgmentfist »

Hi, I love this tool, thanks aman. Quick question, though - it failed with Saibot's skeletalmesh, and I'd like to mod both him and Noob. Is there any way to get around or fix this problem? (It said "unpack requires a bytes object of length 4").
ahtam
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by ahtam »

io_MK9_mod_tool_v0_3.py for Blender 2.8 by Vladimir Spivak (cwolf3d)
https://gumroad.com/l/TwaLF
please add it on top
Chalumon3553
Mortal

Post by Chalumon3553 »

Hi folks,

So i've attempted to export skeletal mesh for Catwoman using this tutorial and for my own Mileena mod i'm working on at the moment.
However on both attempts I received this error message:
export error.png
When the error message is dismissed, it will still create the .skeletalmesh.new file
export error2.png
export error2.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 11140 times
Then when following the rest of the tutorial to finish the mod, the created modded .xxx file will always crash the game (steam and non-steam versions) when loading into the fight.

I am currently using Blender 2.72 and both v0.1 and v0.2 mk9 mod tool plugins encounter this error for me.

Any help is appreciated!
ahtam
Apprentice

Post by ahtam »

Ask about it in discord
GeorgeW22
Warrior
PSN: HUHUHEAHHAHAA
XBox Live: HEHIEHIAH

Post by GeorgeW22 »

Someone make a video on this tut :D
"Still Learning"
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

Is there a video tutorial for this?
Last edited by Marce_3405 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if there are errors in English, I speak Spanish and I use Google translate
Guroshin
Mortal

Post by Guroshin »

I found somewhat success on this process, there are several weight problems on the face especially that's merging with the hair, I'm pretty sure this can be fixed by selecting the proper source meshes when transferring weights since some of Skarlet's hair seems to copy it's weight to the avatar's eyes.

Textures however are another story which look like they work but not all that right, still, some progress.
I'll probably be trying a lot of different characters and configurations to see what works best.

Here's how Samus is looking:

PixelDudeUltra
Apprentice
Side: Light

Post by PixelDudeUltra »

anyone to help me with this prerequisite
"- 3296 is the sequence id for Skarlet skeletalmesh. to replace it with a new one, do this:
MK9Mesh.exe CHAR_Skarlet.xxx Skarlet.SkeletalMesh.new 3296
- If no error you will get a new.xxx file containing replaced mesh."
specifically the mk9mesh.exe part, i tried using a command window but i keep getting no new .xxx file
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

PixelDudeUltra wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:55 pm anyone to help me with this prerequisite
"- 3296 is the sequence id for Skarlet skeletalmesh. to replace it with a new one, do this:
specifically the mk9mesh.exe part, i tried using a command window but i keep getting no new .xxx file
try this:

-make a new text document. Right click and choose New Text Document.
-copy and paste the command "MK9Mesh.exe CHAR_Skarlet.xxx Skarlet.SkeletalMesh.new 3296" without quotes.
-if you are working with another character that is not skarlet then replace the names and index number to match your character. Example: I use smoke_b so my line will look like this:
MK9Mesh.exe CHAR_Smoke_B.xxx Smoke_B.SkeletalMesh.new ????

The four question marks mean that you need to get the export list number (index) In which "Smoke_B SkeletalMesh" is stored at.

-finally save your text file, close it, change its extention from .txt to .bat
-double click on the file to run the program.
For the raptor race...
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

Sergal wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm Hi gamers, I have tried many times to add catwoman mesh to Skarlet without success, I think the error is in point 33 "Transfer Weights"
In the bottom panel SOURCE the ALL LAYERS option does not appear Only on DESTIN ,

SOURCE
By Order
BY Name
Active Layer

DESTIN
All Layers
Active Layer

I am using version 2.75 of Blender, Can someone tell me how to fill these fields? After injecting the new mesh into the Skarlet.xxx file (decompress) , no changes are made in the game!

the same thing is happening to me :(
Can someone help us with this?
Sorry if there are errors in English, I speak Spanish and I use Google translate
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

Marce_3405 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:14 pm
Sergal wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm Hi gamers, I have tried many times to add catwoman mesh to Skarlet without success, I think the error is in point 33 "Transfer Weights"

SOURCE
By Order
BY Name
Active Layer

DESTIN
All Layers
Active Layer

Set source to By Name and the Destiny to All Layers.
For the raptor race...
PixelDudeUltra
Apprentice

Post by PixelDudeUltra »

zepterrian wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:36 pm
PixelDudeUltra wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:55 pm anyone to help me with this prerequisite
try this:

-make a new text document. Right click and choose New Text Document.
-copy and paste the command "MK9Mesh.exe CHAR_Skarlet.xxx Skarlet.SkeletalMesh.new 3296" without quotes.
-if you are working with another character that is not skarlet then replace the names and index number to match your character. Example: I use smoke_b so my line will look like this:
MK9Mesh.exe CHAR_Smoke_B.xxx Smoke_B.SkeletalMesh.new ????

The four question marks mean that you need to get the export list number (index) In which "Smoke_B SkeletalMesh" is stored at.

-finally save your text file, close it, change its extention from .txt to .bat
-double click on the file to run the program.
thank you for your help, the problem was that i decided to start the command without completing the joining of the models :lol: ,
i have obtained the new.xxx file, but should i rename it to char_skarlet or maybe i should just inject it

edit: i have managed to get the model in the game, thank you everyone for contributing to this tutorial. i guess the grey texture is still a problem :lol:
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

zepterrian wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:24 pm
Marce_3405 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:14 pm

SOURCE
By Order
BY Name
Active Layer

DESTIN
All Layers
Active Layer

Set source to By Name and the Destiny to All Layers.
hmm for some reason it's not working for me. At point 20 do I have to do something? I ask because I don't speak English and sometimes the google translator doesn't translate correctly

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”