Tutorial: Character mesh mod

aman
Mortal

Re: Tutorial: Character mesh mod

Post by aman »

I don't know why some character (MK1) crash the game. I have not tested with more than 2 characters. Tetzrep's posted some new info about mk1 character new more changes. Please try this new mk9swap with mk1 and let me know whether it helps.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9k8wt ... k9swap2.7z

Re-indexing is still in development so Tetzrep may have more idea. I am more interest in which MK2 character give you that repeated log messages. Can you shared the xxx file name of that character and the parameters you pass to mk9swap?
Also probably should post future reindex questions to the reindex tool thread.

bnche1
Mortal

Post by bnche1 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can help me.
When I try to inject skeletalmesh file to CHAR_<name>.xxx the new.xxx ends up with extremely big size (1Gb or even more).
Initially I thought what if new skeletelmesh file is somehow corrupted, so I tried to inject the original one and the result was the same.

CHAR_name.xxx file is original steam so it should not cause the problem.

The system i ran the mk9mesh is x64 windows 8.1.
zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Post by zepterrian »

your CHAR_name.xxx file must be decompressed before injecting the mesh inside. I tried to inject an skeletalmesh inside a char package which has not been previously decompressed and got a 500 mb file (more or less).. i guess that´s your situation..
For the raptor race...
bnche1
Mortal

Post by bnche1 »

zepterrian wrote:your CHAR_name.xxx file must be decompressed before injecting the mesh inside. I tried to inject an skeletalmesh inside a char package which has not been previously decompressed and got a 500 mb file (more or less).. i guess that´s your situation..
Cool! That worked out! Many thanks!
bnche1
Mortal

Post by bnche1 »

BTW: Did anybody sort out this "glow" effect?
The models (even on screens posted here) look too bright. Looks like emission
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i´m afraid that effect could not be fixed. neither aman knew it´s reason.. maybe there is someone out there that knows how to fix it but it appears that nobody is interested in it (or they didn´t notice about all this, though i doubt it)..
For the raptor race...
Lateralus
Mortal

Post by Lateralus »

Any chance these tools will work with MKX? I'm itching to do some custom meshes and such.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i don´t know.. i never tried it but i guess it would be almost the same as long as you can re-inject the mesh.
For the raptor race...
polyneutron
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by polyneutron »

Hey guys, sry 4 bumping the old thread, but is it possible to "add" one char's head to another char's body? (*Yes, I'm talking about creating an accurately masked UMK3 ninja(s). Again.)

Or is it pointless, and wouldn't be achieveable?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

it not possible.. other way, we would be playing them right now :)
For the raptor race...
LamaMaster
Mortal

Post by LamaMaster »

Hello im back to the mortal kombat after a dozen years of break and came across your great forum, I was thoroughly interested in this tutorial and I have a question because I would like to buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and edit in the blender characters, whether to buy box versions or use steam to buy. I mean is there any difference in exporting character models in both versions? Then there is no difference to importing them into the blender?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

this kinda mods can only be done with pc version
For the raptor race...
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

zepterrian wrote:I finally did it bro!! :D Thanks for your attention. That tut is great.. i noticed you already update it :lol: .Now it does work for me... you are the best!!
how did you managed to do that, I'm trying like hell but I seem to fail every time. my biggest issues seem to be Weight transfer (For some reason the option of all layers doesn´t seem to show in my source layers selection
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i'm on version 2.75 of blender. honestly idk what to say. The problem i had back then was because aman omitted a detail that is important for v2.75 without which the weight transfer or bone transfer would not be actually done. he updated the guide once he noticed about it. make sure to compare every progress you make with aman's pictures and also try not to take shortcuts during any step, only do what the guide says
For the raptor race...
Lateralus
Mortal

Post by Lateralus »

Hey all, I'm getting thrown an error and produced a 0 file size CHAR_xxx.xxx.new file when I export the mesh. All I did was a simple open in Blender and export to test if I've got the method down, and apparently I dont lol. Anyone have any suggestions?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”