Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:09 pm 
Offline
Elder God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 8033
Location: Bulgaria, Germany
Side: Light
XBox Live: Armored Gambid
In case you missed Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6, here is a summary of the most important information for you. The 6th Kombat Kast focused on gameplay footage of announced but never really shown to the public characters, including Mileena, Kung Jin and Takeda. But before we get into more character details, here are some other interesting things.

During the Kast we saw the currently most complete Mortal Kombat X character select screen, with 18 fighters present on it, including Goro:

Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6 Select Screen


A special Kold War Scorpion Skin, based on artwork by Sergey Svistunov from The Kollective was also announced:

Mortal Kombat X Kold War Scropion Art


And now, lets take a look at the new characters. For each of them we got the chance to see all variations and one Fatality. So here they are:

Mileena



Takeda



Kung Jin



You missed the chance to watch the Kast live, here is your chance to catch up:



Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Discord and VKontakte.

_________________
I Rule This World!

Image

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:03 am 
Online
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 969
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
The Kombat Kast was awesme, so much content and information, and it made me even more hyped for the game.

I really love the new announced characters and their variations, they all look great, especially Takeda. He's basically like Ghost Rider in UMVC3. I considered to use him in that game but I've got the chance too, it seems like a really cool idea to use a non-limb-long-normals character like Ghost Rider, and MKX has Takeda, I really considering using him as a second main alonglside Reptile. Not to mention that he's Scorpion's protege.

The Test your luck and Modiferes modes look really fun and crazy. I'm looking forward to play them.

And the "Quitality" idea, that was freaking hilarious, I really loved it.

Overall I've really enjoyed that Kombat Kast.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:19 am 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:14 am
Posts: 104
Location: Hungary
Goro is only playable if you preorder it, right?
And he is in the basic roster in this picture, which implies (for me at least) that the DLC characters will be in the main roster as well... 4 DLC characters as far as I know, which means 3 places left...but Liu Kang was also introduced in a way, so only 2 characters remained to be revealed. I could be wrong though.

Btw, if you haven't already, sign this petition to have Noob Saibot in MKX. He'd be great.
https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-st ... dlc-in-mkx

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:08 am 
Online
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 969
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
valas991 wrote:
Goro is only playable if you preorder it, right?
And he is in the basic roster in this picture, which implies (for me at least) that the DLC characters will be in the main roster as well... 4 DLC characters as far as I know, which means 3 places left...but Liu Kang was also introduced in a way, so only 2 characters remained to be revealed. I could be wrong though.

Btw, if you haven't already, sign this petition to have Noob Saibot in MKX. He'd be great.
https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-st ... dlc-in-mkx


NRS' can change the number of character slots. In fact, they already did it in the past. The original roster seemed to have 24 character slots, but now there are 26 slots (25 characters plus one random character slot) so they can change it again if they feel like it. And Jax was also announced for the game in the same fashion that Liu Kang was, so there is only slot left, but then again, it can always change.

And no offense, but I don't think we need a petition for Noob Saibot. Don't get me wrong, I really like him, he's one of my top 5 characters in MK, but just because there is a petition for Tremor that doesn't we can have a petition for everyone. Tremor's case was special because Tremor never was a character in a main MK game while Noob Saibot was already in several games, not to mention that NRS' would probably have to give an explanation how Noob came back to life. And on top of that, 100 people isn't good enough, over 5,200 people have signed for Tremor.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:09 am 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:14 am
Posts: 104
Location: Hungary
Roy Arkon wrote:
valas991 wrote:
Goro is only playable if you preorder it, right?
And he is in the basic roster in this picture, which implies (for me at least) that the DLC characters will be in the main roster as well... 4 DLC characters as far as I know, which means 3 places left...but Liu Kang was also introduced in a way, so only 2 characters remained to be revealed. I could be wrong though.

Btw, if you haven't already, sign this petition to have Noob Saibot in MKX. He'd be great.
https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-st ... dlc-in-mkx


NRS' can change the number of character slots. In fact, they already did it in the past. The original roster seemed to have 24 character slots, but now there are 26 slots (25 characters plus one random character slot) so they can change it again if they feel like it. And Jax was also announced for the game in the same fashion that Liu Kang was, so there is only slot left, but then again, it can always change.

And no offense, but I don't think we need a petition for Noob Saibot. Don't get me wrong, I really like him, he's one of my top 5 characters in MK, but just because there is a petition for Tremor that doesn't we can have a petition for everyone. Tremor's case was special because Tremor never was a character in a main MK game while Noob Saibot was already in several games, not to mention that NRS' would probably have to give an explanation how Noob came back to life. And on top of that, 100 people isn't good enough, over 5,200 people have signed for Tremor.



Oh, fine then

I just shared a link, because....I felt it right, I think. You're probably right though. We can't have petition for everyone and Noob was indeed in many games.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 am 
Offline
Elder God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 8033
Location: Bulgaria, Germany
Side: Light
XBox Live: Armored Gambid
Noob saibot might still be in the game in some form. It is already too late for a petition. We don't know if there are going to be more dlc characters next to the ones announced. I don't really want a noob dlc, I want a character that is present in the story.

But thanks for sharing, better to know there is something.

_________________
I Rule This World!

Image

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:55 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:14 am
Posts: 104
Location: Hungary
Gambid wrote:
Noob saibot might still be in the game in some form. It is already too late for a petition. We don't know if there are going to be more dlc characters next to the ones announced. I don't really want a noob dlc, I want a character that is present in the story.

But thanks for sharing, better to know there is something.


Yeah, I'd prefer a story-related character as well.
Given the brutality of the fatalities, if I even get my hands on the game, I'm sure I will have it for the story, and will avoid the fatalities...
That 2nd Ermac fatality still haunts me.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:17 pm 
Offline
Elder God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 8033
Location: Bulgaria, Germany
Side: Light
XBox Live: Armored Gambid
There was a thing crossing my mind. Up until now, all the Mortal Kombat violence was kind of a little cartoony. With Mortal Kombat X this is no longer the case, and I am not entirely sure that this is a good thing. Up until now the most brutal finishing moves were kind of brutal, violent, but kool. They were never disgusting. Can't really say that any more. Ermac's and Takeda's Fatalities are just plain gross and disturbing.

May be I am getting old, but I don't really know how I feel about that :D :D :D

_________________
I Rule This World!

Image

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:22 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:14 am
Posts: 104
Location: Hungary
Gambid wrote:
There was a thing crossing my mind. Up until now, all the Mortal Kombat violence was kind of a little cartoony. With Mortal Kombat X this is no longer the case, and I am not entirely sure that this is a good thing. Up until now the most brutal finishing moves were kind of brutal, violent, but kool. They were never disgusting. Can't really say that any more. Ermac's and Takeda's Fatalities are just plain gross and disturbing.

May be I am getting old, but I don't really know how I feel about that :D :D :D


I think Skalet's second fatality was disgusting as well....but far less than these 2 you mentioned

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blood and Gore in Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kast 6
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm 
Online
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 969
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Gambid wrote:
There was a thing crossing my mind. Up until now, all the Mortal Kombat violence was kind of a little cartoony. With Mortal Kombat X this is no longer the case, and I am not entirely sure that this is a good thing. Up until now the most brutal finishing moves were kind of brutal, violent, but kool. They were never disgusting. Can't really say that any more. Ermac's and Takeda's Fatalities are just plain gross and disturbing.

May be I am getting old, but I don't really know how I feel about that :D :D :D


You wanna talk about gross? I saw Scorpion's fatality more times then either of those fatalities and it's still the most disturbing fatality that I have seen yet. MKX is clearly talking the series to a much more darker approach, with almost no comedy and sex-related stuff to a much more viloance-focused product. Is it good? Well that's for anyone to decide for himself. MK made it's mark mainly because of the violance, so maybe it's not a bad thing. I've managed to overcome Ermac and Takeda's fatalitis (I think so), and who knows? Maybe I will do that with Scorpion's. And if that's not going away, well let's say that the game have left something in me for life, and again, maybe it's not a bad thing.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

  Design by Mighty Gorgon