Red / Green Sonya [Updated for Steam] [NEW V.4]

CynicalHippie
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Red / Green Sonya [Updated for Steam] [NEW V.4]

Post by CynicalHippie »

EDIT 01/10/2014:

Red Sonya V.4

I just can't stop updating this skin and this is the most complete I've had it so far so I wanted to share it.

The mod contains:

Char_Sonya.xxx
ui_ps_ladder.xxx
ui_ps_vs_jpegs.xxx

This mod was designed to be compatible with the recent Steam patch.

To use the alternate Green Sonya, select Sonya with with Start, then
pick Costume 1 with Start.

+ Added detail
+ Improved DMG textures for both P1 and P2.
+ Improved texture glow vibrancy for P1 and P2.
+ Improved NormHQA and PMSK files
+ Custom UI Images (Ladder, Versus)
+ Klassic Sonya Bicycle Kick Battle Cry during X-Ray Attack (habachu-habachu-habachuwa!)

That's about it. Now Go! Go! Go! It's Kombat Time! :D
Attachments
Red Sonya (V4).zip
Includes Green Sonya P2 Alternate
(21.62 MiB) Downloaded 1909 times
Last edited by CynicalHippie on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KuroBlackWarrior
Mortal
PSN: Serotonin4life
XBox Live: Serotonin4life

Re: Red Sonya

Post by KuroBlackWarrior »

This looks damn cool.
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

KuroBlackWarrior wrote:This looks damn cool.
Thank you very much!

Been having a lazy day today so I've been tightening things ups with this mod. This could become addictive.

DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Looks really good, Nice job for sure. Great video too, You are pretty bad ass with Sonya. You ought to upload some combos for her for others to learn.
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

DocX wrote:Looks really good, Nice job for sure. Great video too, You are pretty bad ass with Sonya. You ought to upload some combos for her for others to learn.
Thank you very much! Maybe I will - though I don't really have many combos other than the few in the video and a few others. I like to poke and pressure with Sonya until I can get in with that X-Ray combo or something similar. It does 51% so it can turn a fight around. :lol:

The updated Sonya seen in the video has better textures, fixed damage textures and a cleaner look and can be downloaded here: EDIT: SEE FIRST POST

Last edited by CynicalHippie on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saren
Mortal

Post by Saren »

amazingly nice
good job
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Started using this last night. She looks great. Thanks for making this.
edsonsl2001
Mortal

Post by edsonsl2001 »

Humm.... what about trying to make she looks like her daughter? Cassie Cage from MK X =)
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

edsonsl2001 wrote:Humm.... what about trying to make she looks like her daughter? Cassie Cage from MK X =)
Maybe! I'm still trying to figure out what goes where with these texture maps. :P Thanks guys, glad you like it! There's a few errors in the Damage Textures that I want to sort out. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the VS pictures and things as well. I wish it was possible to change the colour of projectiles and enhanced flares but I'm guessing that's not as simple as a texture change? I'd love to change all Sonya's special moves to red to match.

DocX has helped me figure some things out about the additional texture layers so I'm going to go back at this and play around with the shine and try to make Sonya's shirt look less painted on so expect an update in the future. I'd love to be able to make the P2 colours more distinct but Sonya's alpha channel seems very sensitive. I edited it and it made not only the red in P2 luminous blue but P1's red went luminous green. Might be handy for an MK3 remake though.
ArRoW
Mortal
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArRoW132

Post by ArRoW »

I like it looks very good. ;)
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

^Thank you very much!

I'll be updating this mod shortly. I just made a new discovery (well someone else had probably already figured it out but it's an issue that's been driving me mad for ages now with no signs of solving until last night).

Apparently Sonya's P2 colours are controlled by the character's glow, which is still controlled by the Diff's alpha layer but it affects both P1 and P2. When I brightened the diff's alpha layer, both P1 and P2 Sonya took on luminous green and blue glows, so I fiddled around with the diff, the alpha layer and the Colour Picker tool and now finally, Red Sonya has a P2 alternate! I know it's such a small thing to be excited about but I had given up on trying to figure this out long ago so I'm delighted that it is possible. That Colour Picker tool is amazing.

I still need to sort out the UI images like her versus and ladder pics, and the DMG textures because so far the glow doesn't want to transfer to it and then she should be complete. The icing on the cake would be figuring out how to transfer the material texture of her pants and vest to the undershirt I gave her but so far no luck there either.

Dic3ptor
Mortal

Post by Dic3ptor »

Does that skin work on steam after last update again after you updated it?

I love that skin looks awesome!
Dic3ptor
Mortal

Post by Dic3ptor »

Hi

Which DDS file did edit to make her Red? I trie ti finde the bug why skins not runs after update on Steam.
One bug i found. After inserting an edited Sonya_InteriorMasks.dds game will crash in Loading screen.
TREEMAN99
Mortal

Post by TREEMAN99 »

I got an error when I tried playing as sonya and it crashed. The message said something like "pure virtual function call"
please help!
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Re: Red / Green Sonya [Updated for Steam]

Post by CynicalHippie »

Finally got around to fixing this! It should work fine now with steam. I've added a new link to the first post and here's another: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lezsxrqrcqef ... a.zip?dl=0

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”