TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

rizzn
Apprentice
Side: Darkness
PSN: rizzn1

Re: TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: Nice if you want to upload them, send over a link, there should be some interesting sounds for use probably. :)

Oh 80 sounds is a lot! The wager sound is stored in SND_SPEECH_Char.xxx as the rest of the dialogue voices. I think the FSB files in the character package are only containing hit sounds, cloth sounds and so on.

I think lengthen won't work because the corresponding animations have a fixed length. I had a bug on Deadpool where no sounds were loaded, so the animation was just skipped. Probably you can shorten them, but if you make them longer it get's cutted of I think. Also if you make the sounds longer, they get bigger in their size, so you can't inject it back.

Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: ok i will send u link in PM, but first i wanna finish that hit sounds..etc, 17 sounds finished ,63 left :) ..but i've already edited SND_SPEECH_WG_eng.xxx (ex SND_SPEECH_ZOD_eng.xxx), so i must edit only SND_SPEECH_ZOD.xxx too, cause they added MAN OF STEEL Zod costume in some patch, probably added new sounds too? About that sounds...i've accelerated all sounds to fit lenght of default..still sounds good ,but with human character it may sound weird :)
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: yeah sure np! just upload if you have the time. i don't know about the sounds if there are something new from the patch, but yes probably they added some new. if course some demonic sounds would fit perfect i think.

when u swap the meshes inside the char package, do you only replace the original .skeletalmesh with the new .skeletalmesh? or are the more files to swap? :)
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: About that meshes i've only swaped .skeletalmesh and works ok.. except some weird expressions but they can be disabled in hex ed. i think, so far i have Demon,Trigon for Raven and Amazonian for Wonder Woman..but she is bugged in Intro and Victory + some others..but they need new voices,sounds and its a lot of work :)
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: That's nice, really interested in the Demon char. Looks very cool I think! :) I know that's all a lot of work searching good sounds, cutting them and injecting. Also it's a lot more to do that for 80 sounds! But I think it will fit well if it's done!

Just a little offtopic: heymanjack is currently working on a Deadshot skin for Deathstroke, that's really cool I think. When playing "Stryker's Island" stage I've seen some model of Deadshot in the background. Can we bring this up as a new character? Or is it something script generated?

http://www29.speedyshare.com/file/FVKRe/deadshot.jpg
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn:.. after i will finish Wraith General (sounds, skin, ui and etc.) i try do same with Demon character (Diablo, Mephisto, Baal voices,sounds will definetly fit) Yeah i saw that Deadshot model in that stage + Parasite is on other side of stage. Unfortunately we can swap only models inside char package (even intro, victory meshes cannot be used - Native Martian Manhunter looks great too)... i've alredy tried swap Darkseid, Kilowog, Scarecrow, Pinguin, Killer Croc and many more.. but they are inside stage package...or transition package (im sure we can swap them, but if somebody will play as this characters outside that stage , game will crash):( Only if we can find way how swap models outside char. package (..somehow inject that skeletalmesh with all attached to that character or import path to specific package) :( Maybe in some time .. BTW: You can try find that way :) More people who will try, lesser time we will wait for it :)
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

BTW: All 80 sounds was edited ,but only 79 was able to inject in embedded_00092F97E.fsb . Last sound vo_ZO_supermove_yell.mp3 cannot be injected (file not found in archive! unable to inject) any idea + this Image, anyway im gonna sleep finally :D
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

rizzn wrote:@wyruzzah: That's nice, really interested in the Demon char. Looks very cool I think! :) I know that's all a lot of work searching good sounds, cutting them and injecting. Also it's a lot more to do that for 80 sounds! But I think it will fit well if it's done!

Just a little offtopic: heymanjack is currently working on a Deadshot skin for Deathstroke, that's really cool I think. When playing "Stryker's Island" stage I've seen some model of Deadshot in the background. Can we bring this up as a new character? Or is it something script generated?

http://www29.speedyshare.com/file/FVKRe/deadshot.jpg
Yeah unfortunately it is script generated. As is all NPC's you see in any given Stage or transition. The only NPC's that are somewhat playable I have already converted and released in my NPC Pack along with all the WBID Costumes.

I also just released V1.0 of my DLC Characters Alt Costumes Mod which will allow us to create Alt costumes for the 6 DLC Characters out of their Costume 01
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: Yeah I think Diablo's voice would fit perfect for the Demon. I think we need something like an .xxx packer like in MKKE (PS3). But no idea if it would work if you change the .skeletalmesh and pack it again. I'm not really into programming such tools and I don't know if it ever works with hex editing only. But I can try on looking into that!

Uhm no idea why injecting the last sound don't work. You can send a link and I can have a look at it if you want.

@UncleFestor: Ok I see, that's a pity! :( But for now it's awesome we have all the other NPCs playable. Will check that alt costume mod later, very nice work! Is it possible to create a whole new character slot with your mod?
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: Yeah pls look on to it.. it took me lot of time and now im stuck :( Here it is http://www.mediafire.com/download/ugsev ... eneral.rar ..that block is there Image for that sound, so i really dont know why injecting this sound dont work
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: Hm that's very odd. You're right the file should be found, but it's not working for some reason. For now I have no idea why that's happening. The damn thing is, it's an important sound (supermove) from what the filename says. :(
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: Well, yeah important sound :).. it must be something about that is last sound for that package.. or only this sound have 3x _ character , i dont really know or maybe delete,add some block? :(
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Theoretically i can change string vo_ZO_supermove_yell in CHAR_Zod_W to some other sound that is in package.. so it will play example laugh or other sound.., but i cannot inject embedded_00092F97E.fsb to CHAR_Zod_W.xxx too :(
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

You could try to extract the FSB file again (just for testing) and then try to inject the unedited FSB file back again. Probably the offset of the FSB file got moved in the char file by renaming something. I also had the same problem with injecting error on the FSB. After extracting the banks again it worked. While it's a lot of work on injecting 80 sounds again, I would try it therefor with an unedited file first on a copied version of the char file and FSBs.
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: Now its ok.. all 80 sounds was injected UncleFestor helped.. 20 bytes was missing in .fsb, so that was problem :).. Thx for all help with that sounds.

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”