MK gibberish..?

electricfuneral
Mortal

MK gibberish..?

Post by electricfuneral »

Does anyone know what Raiden is saying when he does that flying move? Or when Sindel does the throw/hair whip move? Is it just gibberish?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK gibberish..?

Post by Gambid »

According to Wikipedia: Raiden was voiced by Midway employee Jon Hey in the first two games. He became notorious for yelling randomly while performing his Torpedo move. Fans originally believed that he was yelling in Japanese, while others believed it to be mangled English phrases such as "Your mother's from LA," "Go to Bob's for eggs!" or "Get back in the car." John Tobias revealed in a Mortal Kombat II feature in GamePro that Raiden was merely speaking gibberish and not actual Japanese or English.[citation needed] This was featured in the VH1 program I Love 1992, when one of the cast thought Raiden was saying "Santa Monica." This tradition was also revived for all of Raiden's supermoves in Armageddon.

About Sindel. She does not say anything while performing her throw in UMK3, it is just the sound of the throw that you are hearing. She says "That was fun!!!" when performing a Friendship though.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “General Discussion”