Mortal Kombat 1 Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda and Homelander Leaked?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 1 Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda and Homelander Leaked?

Post by Gambid »

When people do things in a hurry, people make mistakes, or do they? As the pre-orders for Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) have started to go live, it was inevitable, that some unannounced information might slip here and there. According to the description of the Premium PS5 Edition of Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) on Amazon Italy Kombat Pack 1 will include the following six fighters:
  1. Quan Chi
  2. Omni Man
  3. Ermac
  4. Peacemaker
  5. Takeda
  6. Homelander
In addition, the online retailer lists the following fighters as Kameo Fighter:
  1. Tremor
  2. Johnny Cage
  3. Khameleon
  4. Mavado
  5. Ferra
This does raise some questions as Johnny Cage was announced as being part of the playable roster in the official press release yesterday. Additionally, while some of the characters here appear to confirm some previous leaks, some are pretty hard to explain. So take this with a grain of salt until an official announcement is made (which will definitely not be coming any time soon). And before you ask, here is a screenshot:
Mortal Kombat 1 kombat pack fighters quan chi omni man ermac peacemaker takeda homelander
Translated, the text reads:
Includes:
  • Early access (minimum 72 hours)
  • Copy of the game
  • Kombat Pack 1, which includes:
  • 6 playable characters (Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda, Homelander)
  • 5 kameo characters (Tremor, Johnny Cage , Khameleon, Mavado, Ferra)
  • Skin of Jean Claude Van Damme
And of course, right before I clicked on publish, the page was updated and the text is gone. So, as I wrote above, take this with a grain of salt and let the discussions begin.

Also, huge thanks to fellow community member tabmoK99 for stumbling upon this story first.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mort-kombat-1-20-23-kombat-pack-1-fighters-quan-chi-omni-man-ermac-peacemaker-takeda-homelander.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat 1 Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda and Homelander Leaked?

Post by Roy Arkon »

I think it's either fake or a mistake. It's really unlikely that Johnny Cage will have a Jean-Claude Van Damme skin as announced but he will be a Kameo char, unless of course if the Kameo chars are the same as the main roster chars, which actually isn't impossible, as in MK11's Towers of Time, the Assist Konsumables (which the Kameo Fighter system is based on) allowed you to pick an Assist char even if it's the same playable char that you picked as your main char.

In case that this is true, this means that all of the Kameo chars are also gonna be full-on playable chars and vice versa. But yes, we need to take it with a huge grain of salt.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Re: Mortal Kombat 1 Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda and Homelander Leaked?

Post by Gambid »

Well they already announced that the Kameo roster is unique. The situation is indeed interesting, exactly because of Mr. Cage. Don't think that people will be happy if he is just a Kameo Fighter. Although, he was in the spot light for three games now, so it may be time to put him on the bench for one.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Or maybe, like I put in theory already, both main and Kameo rosters will have the exact same chars. And if the MK11 on-screen char Assist Konsumables are any indication (not to be confused with the off-screen Assists like those of Reptile's Forceball or Ermac's Force Lift, which also included Mileena's Sais and Rain's Bubble before they were DLC in KP2), this isn't impossible. But yes, it does look more like that both rosters will be completely different from each other, all making this "leak" even less legit.

As for Johnny, I really can't see NRS/WB putting a JCVD skin for him if he's gonna be just Kameo and not fully-playable.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Tue May 23, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

There is a concens btw in the community that it is real but I guess only patience will tell us :)
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I won't worry about that. The interent in general is very easily prone to bandwagons, narratives and trends, due to them being easily overwhelmed by their own reactions, and let's be honest, the NRS/WB community is one of the worst examples of that. Even if the leak contains some legit details, at least some of them won't be real. Like with MK11, the giant roster that leaked all of the chars for the main roster, also said that both Shang Tsung and Mileena will be DLC in KP1, except Mileena never made it to KP1 and only made it to KP2 over a year and a half after MK11 came out, and we didn't know that until NRS/WB announced KP2 in 2020.

I won't take these concerns seriously, not at least until official info comes out. As a matter of fact, I'm more concerned about the people who keep spreading these rumors than the actual rumors themselves.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

In this case, I wouldn't call it a rumor. Rumor is someone says they heard from their sources, that...

This is a leak, on a major retail website that has information which is provided to them to sell the items. The only question is how up-to-date that information is, because things do change.

But I am neither concerned, nor worried.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Even in sites such as Amazon, leaks can be false or, like you said, outdated. And like I said, the fact that people are quick to jump to conclusions is what scares me more than this supposed leak.

But regardless, it's all better to just wait for official details.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Well it is just less likely to be someone making stuff up when it comes from a legit business.

But the issue is when it is out like that, it is out like that. Even IGN and Co jump on it, simply because there is no stopping it.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Well they could've stop it by simply just not jump on it, because there is no true confirmation that the leak is real or not. They only do it for the clicks and the views.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what source it is, if there is no true information from NRS/WB and the circumstances lead that way, it's still not real until truly proven otherwise.

Return to “News Articles”