Have a look at the official announcement artwork with Liu Kang and the reimagined Dragon logo:
- Name: Mortal Kombat 1
- Release date: Sept. 19, 2023, early access Sept. 14, 2023
- Known playable characters: Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage
- The story takes place in the universe, created by Liu Kang at the end of Mortal Kombat 11
- Pre-Order bonus character: Shang Tsung
- Pre-Order starts: May 19th, 2023
- Platforms: PlayStation®5 (PS5™), Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch™, and PC
- Editions: Mortal Kombat 1 Standard Edition, Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition, Mortal Kombat 1 Kollector’s Edition
- Beta: Available in August
- Story Mode returns
- Kameo Fighter feature with a unique roster
Let's finish this article with some screen captures from the trailer, so that we can all see just how beautiful the art and the game itself look:The Mortal Kombat Universe is Reborn, Set in a New Story with Iconic Heroes and Villains Reimagined as They’ve Never Been Seen BeforeBURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Games today announced Mortal Kombat 1, a brand-new title in the acclaimed Mortal Kombat videogame franchise that has sold more than 80 million units since its debut over 30 years ago. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, the upcoming game will introduce a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang, featuring reimagined versions of iconic characters as they’ve never been seen before. Mortal Kombat 1 is scheduled to release on Sept. 19, 2023, for PlayStation®5 (PS5™), Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch™, and PC.
Pre-Order Beginning May 19 to Receive Bonus Shang Tsung Playable Character and Access to Upcoming Beta; Kombat Pack to Include Jean-Claude Van Damme Skin
NetherRealm’s genre-defining Story Mode returns with an immersive cinematic narrative featuring unexpected twists on classic rivalries and original backstories for a wide-ranging cast of legendary fighters, including Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, and many others. Mortal Kombat 1 will also introduce Kameo Fighters, a unique roster of partner characters that can assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players.
“With Mortal Kombat 1 we are bringing a reimagined universe to the legendary franchise which has captivated gamers for more than 30 years and continues to top itself,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Games. “The talented team at NetherRealm Studios continues to push the series forward in bold ways that have consistently expanded the global audience, and we believe Mortal Kombat 1 will continue to attract new players as well as thrill our core fans.”
“Mortal Kombat 1 marks a new beginning for the franchise and we couldn’t be more excited to share this original storyline and fresh take on classic characters with our fans,” said Ed Boon, Chief Creative Officer, NetherRealm Studios and Co-Creator of Mortal Kombat. “We’re also introducing our Kameo Fighter system which brings a unique roster of partner characters into the mix, and we are looking forward to showing this feature as well as more new elements of the game very soon.”
Starting tomorrow, May 19, Mortal Kombat 1 will be available for pre-order on all launch platforms*, including:
All Mortal Kombat 1 pre-orders will receive Shang Tsung as an in-game playable character, and those who pre-order the game for PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S will also receive access to the Mortal Kombat 1 Beta, which will be available in August 2023.
- Mortal Kombat 1 Standard Edition will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC, including Steam and Epic Games Store.
- Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition will be available physically and digitally for $109.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store) and will include all Standard Edition content, along with the Kombat Pack, early access to the game beginning Sept. 14, and 1,250 Dragon Krystals (in-game currency). The Kombat Pack will feature a Johnny Cage character skin with the likeness of famed actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme (available at launch), early access to six new playable characters (available post-launch), and five new Kameo Fighters (available post-launch).
- Mortal Kombat 1 Kollector’s Edition will be available physically at select retailers for $249.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S only and will include all Premium Edition content, and early access, along with a 16.5-inch Liu Kang sculpture designed by COARSE and an inspired Liu Kang in-game character skin, three exclusive art prints, a steel case, and 1,450 additional Dragon Krystals (2,700 total).
Mortal Kombat website has also been update. On it, you can find an FAQ section that reveals new details. Have a look:
For much more information on Mortal Kombat 1 (2023), visit our Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) section.Q: Who is developing Mortal Kombat 1?
A: All versions of Mortal Kombat 1 are built on NetherRealm Studios technology with oversight by NetherRealm. The NetherRealm team is developing the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game.
QLOC is developing the Steam and Epic Games Store versions of the game. Shiver Entertainment and Saber Interactive are developing the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
Q: Is an internet connection required to play Mortal Kombat 1?
A: An internet connection is not required to play Mortal Kombat 1, although players will need to be connected to the internet to experience certain modes and features.
Q: Will Mortal Kombat 1 have rollback netcode?
A: Yes, Mortal Kombat 1 will have rollback netcode to support online gameplay.
Now that you have all the available information, what do you think? Are you excited about Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)? Tell us in the comments.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.