So i have a little problem when downloading a dlc character or skin

Jarkom
Mortal

So i have a little problem when downloading a dlc character or skin

Post by Jarkom »

When i download any dlc character or skin thorugh DLC MANAGER 2.6 game just wont boot up. So i tried using new coalesed it works but i dont have the skins or dlc characters. Its like when i download the skin it corrupts the coalesed file and the game just wont start. (i have steam edition if anyone is wondering) I would be very glad if someone would help me with this problem :D

jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Re: So i have a little problem when downloading a dlc character or skin

Post by jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g »

you could start by installing the originals coalesced.ini and coalesced.eng (freshly installed, without mods and of which you will make a backup simply by copying and pasting them in the same folder), then with the game language set to "eng" (the dlc manager is a nice program, but it doesn't seem work with .spa .por .ger .ita files) try to install the ultimate mortal kombat 3.3 and see what happens...

p.s
- Remember that the mods are not always good for all the versions of MK, the only version of which they work is often indicated!

- Remember that if you install a MOD with the DLC Manager it will change the coalesced files, which will not return to the starting situation not even uninstalling the mod ( there is the option to uninstall the mod leaving the data in the coalesced, but I don't tested it and I can't tell you anything else ), so it's always better to start from the last working coalesced...
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:40 am you could start by installing the originals coalesced.ini and coalesced.eng (freshly installed, without mods and of which you will make a backup simply by copying and pasting them in the same folder), then with the game language set to "eng" (the dlc manager is a nice program, but it doesn't seem work with .spa .por .ger .ita files) try to install the ultimate mortal kombat 3.3 and see what happens...

p.s
- Remember that the mods are not always good for all the versions of MK, the only version of which they work is often indicated!

- Remember that if you install a MOD with the DLC Manager it will change the coalesced files, which will not return to the starting situation not even uninstalling the mod ( there is the option to uninstall the mod leaving the data in the coalesced, but I don't tested it and I can't tell you anything else ), so it's always better to start from the last working coalesced...
Thank you :)
kaylaall
Mortal

Post by kaylaall »

I have same problem. Do u solve it?
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:40 am you could start by installing the originals coalesced.ini and coalesced.eng (freshly installed, without mods and of which you will make a backup simply by copying and pasting them in the same folder), then with the game language set to "eng" (the dlc manager is a nice program, but it doesn't seem work with .spa .por .ger .ita files) try to install the ultimate mortal kombat 3.3 and see what happens...

p.s

Sorry for later response but i just tried it and... Well the ultimate boss mod works i have bosses but once i download a skin the game just wont launch i tried what u said but if i replace the coalesced with the original ones it will start but without the skin :(
jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g
Apprentice

Jarkom wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:55 am Sorry for later response but i just tried it and... Well the ultimate boss mod works i have bosses but once i download a skin the game just wont launch i tried what u said but if i replace the coalesced with the original ones it will start but without the skin :(
make a backup of the coalesced (ini and eng) when you installed umk3.3 in order to always start from the last one that worked.
umk3.3 adds files to the game to better handle mods. if the game doesn't start, it means that it's looking for some file that it can't find.
it could be the mod is faulty or incomplete.
What version of the game are you trying to install mods with?

did you remember to start the game in english? if you don't know how to do it, delete or rename the localization files (the ones with the languages).
try the mods in both mk9 version (105 and 107) and see if there is a difference.
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:37 am
Jarkom wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:55 am Sorry for later response but i just tried it and... Well the ultimate boss mod works i have bosses but once i download a skin the game just wont launch i tried what u said but if i replace the coalesced with the original ones it will start but without the skin :(
make a backup of the coalesced (ini and eng) when you installed umk3.3 in order to always start from the last one that worked.
umk3.3 adds files to the game to better handle mods. if the game doesn't start, it means that it's looking for some file that it can't find.

did you remember to start the game in english? if you don't know how to do it, delete or rename the localization files (the ones with the languages).
try the mods in both mk9 version (105 and 107) and see if there is a difference.
So i tried what u said but again. It works. Everything works like it should but the moment i install dlc character via dlc man 2.6 it wont boot up. My game version is 1.07 i dont know how to switch to 1.05 maybe it would work on the older version. I deleted localization files and nothing the blue wheel spins for 1 milisecond and then i disappears and the game wont start (i was booting it up from game directory i tried to boot it up on steam but didnt work aswell)
jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g
Apprentice

Jarkom wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:53 am So i tried what u said but again. It works. Everything works like it should but the moment i install dlc character via dlc man 2.6 it wont boot up. My game version is 1.07 i dont know how to switch to 1.05 maybe it would work on the older version. I deleted localization files and nothing the blue wheel spins for 1 milisecond and then i disappears and the game wont start (i was booting it up from game directory i tried to boot it up on steam but didnt work aswell)
try this link, download the rar, open it and inside you will find a torrent for the 105 version, then apply the files you find in the rar and you will have a 105 version with many mods... :wink:
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:14 am
Jarkom wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:53 am So i tried what u said but again. It works. Everything works like it should but the moment i install dlc character via dlc man 2.6 it wont boot up. My game version is 1.07 i dont know how to switch to 1.05 maybe it would work on the older version. I deleted localization files and nothing the blue wheel spins for 1 milisecond and then i disappears and the game wont start (i was booting it up from game directory i tried to boot it up on steam but didnt work aswell)
try this link, download the rar, open it and inside you will find a torrent for the 105 version, then apply the files you find in the rar and you will have a 105 version with many mods... :wink:
Sure. Gonna give it a try and let u know :D
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

Jarkom wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:53 am
So i tried what u said but again. It works. Everything works like it should but the moment i install dlc character via dlc man 2.6 it wont boot up. My game version is 1.07 i dont know how to switch to 1.05 maybe it would work on the older version. I deleted localization files and nothing the blue wheel spins for 1 milisecond and then i disappears and the game wont start (i was booting it up from game directory i tried to boot it up on steam but didnt work aswell)

Yeah so i tried it it works perfectly but sady i still cant downlaod any skins game wont start. But i appreciate your help very much (im downloading this mod if you are curious viewtopic.php?t=48307)
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

And its pretty weird that i cant download skins/dlc skins via dlc manager because i never found fix to this issue and i have been having it since 2017 but i didnt played the game until now so i just might stick to the bosses but im very thankful that you helped me atleast with that :)
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

Jarkom wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:53 am
jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:37 am

Im 100% sure it has something to do with config file
jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g
Apprentice

:D I downloaded the mod and applied it via dlc manager. it works perfectly. I have version 107, but being a mod created with .diff files, it works perfectly with all versions of the game. :wink:
a curiosity, you put all the mod files (first extracting them from the rar) in the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition\DiscContentPC\DLC\ToInstall folder and then you launch the DLC.EXE file with administrator rights, right?
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:08 am :D I downloaded the mod and applied it via dlc manager. it works perfectly. I have version 107, but being a mod created with .diff files, it works perfectly with all versions of the game. :wink:
a curiosity, you put all the mod files (first extracting them from the rar) in the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition\DiscContentPC\DLC\ToInstall folder and then you launch the DLC.EXE file with administrator rights, right?
Yes. and then i just hit install and my game wont launch. Then it has to be something with my pc or i dont know. I will keep on trying. Im gonna try add the mod again but now via steam version of the game
jhdwbsfcd8y73gf86g
Apprentice

Jarkom wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:16 am Yes. and then i just hit install and my game wont launch. Then it has to be something with my pc or i dont know. I will keep on trying. Im gonna try add the mod again but now via steam version of the game
Have you tried the repair coalesced.ini button in the dlc manager? sometimes it finds problems and fixes them...

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”