Which Klassic MK Mode Would You Bring Back In Mortal Kombat 12?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Which Klassic MK Mode Would You Bring Back In Mortal Kombat 12?

Post by Gambid »

Today Ed Boon asked his twitter follows, which classic Mortal Kombat side/mini game would they personally like to bring back. And while we were extremely disappointed that Pong and Galaxian did not appear on the list, we were happy to see that one of our favorites gathered most of the votes. In the list were all the mini and not so mini games from Mortal Kombat: Deception and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon: Puzzle Kombat, Chess Kombat, Motor Kombat and Konquest mode. And without a surprise Konquest mode got the most votes. Have a look:
Which Mini Mortal Kombat Mode Would You Bring Back

In fact Konquest mode first appeared in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance as sort of a training mode where you got to learn a lot about the story of the kombatants while training with them. For those of you willing to read a lot, we have all the story right here.

Most fans are however fascinated and a truly love Konquest mode's second incarnation in Mortal Kombat: Deception. In it you got to explore 6 different realms as the new-comer Shujinko and train, while meeting basically every fighter who has ever appeared in the franchise. This mode was for back in day a major undertaking. And to have it just as one of the games included in Mortal Kombat: Deception was a tremendous achievement from the development team. For your viewing pleasure, we dug up this video from our archives:
The so far final incarnation of Konquest mode was in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, where you witness the events that would lead to the Armageddon through the eyes of Taven, brother of Dagon and son of Argus, protector of Edenia. This mode is special as it borrows many mechanics from Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. It did sacrifice the free roaming and exploration aspects though.

Will we see Konquest return in Mortal Kombat 12? The Krypt in Mortal Kombat 11 got really close but a mode with a larger scale is definitely very welcome. Which version of Konquest mode is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
which-mini-mortal-kombat-mode-would-you-bring-back.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Which Klassic MK Mode Would You Bring Back In Mortal Kombat 12?

Post by Roy Arkon »

I do think there's a chance for the Konquest mode, as well as other other modes to come back, but I won't hold my breath. Ed Boon responded to someone on Twitter being super excited about this poll, thinking that it is a soft-confimation, and Ed said that he and the rest of the team at NRS/WB choose what modes will come to each game years in advance.

So while it doesn't automatically deconfirm anything, this should tell us that we need to keep our expectations in check. Personally I would love to see Konquest (either MKD or MKA version, maybe a hybrid version of both) as well as Chess Kombat combing back. Motor Kombat will be awesome too.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Oh the tweet situation doesn't konfirm or deny anything, that is just Ed being Ed. But if I personally have to guess, I would say that we are getting closer to Kreate a Fighter and Konquest indeed, seeing how the latest 3 games have developed. And you always need to put something on top, which is why I guess MK12 is taking so long.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Yeah that makes sense. They are cooking something huge indeed.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”