Creating "ini" files for converted skin mods(diff) in MKKE.

sultan0017
Warrior
Side: Light

Creating "ini" files for converted skin mods(diff) in MKKE.

Post by sultan0017 »

Hey everyone,
I have this problem with creating "ini" files as I'm still new to modding, some of the old mods are in the .xxx format which aren't usable in my current MKKE version so I converted it to .diff format and had no problem till here but the problem is with the "ini" files, I don't know how to create them, tried editing the templates available in the modding tool but no luck, the game works no problem when I download mods with both .diff and .ini format files, so its gotta be something I'm doing.

Thanks in advance. :)

zepterrian
Grand Master

Re: Creating "ini" files for converted skin mods(diff) in MKKE.

Post by zepterrian »

sultan0017 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:01 pm Hey everyone,
I have this problem with creating "ini" files as I'm still new to modding, some of the old mods are in the .xxx format which aren't usable in my current MKKE version so I converted it to .diff format and had no problem till here but the problem is with the "ini" files, I don't know how to create them, tried editing the templates available in the modding tool but no luck, the game works no problem when I download mods with both .diff and .ini format files, so its gotta be something I'm doing.

take the old installer and add a new "[Patch]"section like this

Code: Select all

[Patch]
line1=CHAR_Reptile_B.xxx|CHAR_Reptile_T.xxx

[Files]
***line1=CHAR_Reptile_T.xxx

also note that in the [Files] section three start "***" have been added. That is also a requirement and you should add it to every line in the [Files] section.
For the raptor race...
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

zepterrian wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:03 pm

[Patch]

[Files]

also note that in the [Files] section three start "***" have been added. That is also a requirement and you should add it to every line in the [Files] section.
Ahh I think that is what I was missing, the 3 stars :oops:, thanks for the help will test it out and update u later.
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

sultan0017 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:11 pm

[Patch]

[Files]

Ahh I think that is what I was missing, the 3 stars :oops:, thanks for the help will test it out and update u later.
Sorry for not updating u sooner, anyways it still isn't working, at the beginning when I wasn't adding the 3 stars before the [Files] section line, it would freeze when I select the difficulty(in ladder or vs) but the difference now is that it freezes in the loading screen just b4 the fight.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

sultan0017 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:09 pm
sultan0017 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:11 pm

[Patch]

[Files]

Sorry for not updating u sooner, anyways it still isn't working, at the beginning when I wasn't adding the 3 stars before the [Files] section line, it would freeze when I select the difficulty(in ladder or vs) but the difference now is that it freezes in the loading screen just b4 the fight.
can you show me your ini file?

Also, take in count that when you install your mod, the original char file in which it was based on must be unaltered.
For the raptor race...
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

Nevermind guys and sorry for wasting ur time, turns out the mod I downloaded and tried to convert to a .diff file, actually works if I just place it in the Asset folder, I tried doing it once with another .xxx but didn't work so I thought I had to convert any file I wanted to add.
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

sultan0017 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:47 am Nevermind guys and sorry for wasting ur time, turns out the mod I downloaded and tried to convert to a .diff file, actually works if I just place it in the Asset folder, I tried doing it once with another .xxx but didn't work so I thought I had to convert any file I wanted to add.
Yeah tried it with that other file and worked no problem, thanks for that triple star step tho, wouldn't work without it I think.
alexofeich
Mortal
PSN: Not
XBox Live: Not

Post by alexofeich »

Hi can you help me I can't convert xxx file to diff using bsdiff. When I write bsdiff on the command line, it says that bsdiff was not a program or command, how to fix it, please help, I will be very grateful
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

alexofeich wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:25 am

Hi can you help me I can't convert xxx file to diff using bsdiff. When I write bsdiff on the command line, it says that bsdiff was not a program or command, how to fix it, please help, I will be very grateful
In cmd u have to specify the path of bsdiff file b4 attempting to use it, u have to use the cd command, but the path depends on were u place the DLC manager files in ur PC
alexofeich
Mortal

Post by alexofeich »

sultan0017 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:50 am
alexofeich wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:25 am

In cmd u have to specify the path of bsdiff file b4 attempting to use it, u have to use the cd command, but the path depends on were u place the DLC manager files in ur PC
I did
IMG_20230905_191850.jpg
everything as you wrote, but it still didn't work.
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

alexofeich wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:19 am I did IMG_20230905_191850.jpgeverything as you wrote, but it still didn't work.
As i can see from the picture, a number of mistakes u made, bsdiff should be typed without .exe extension so bsdiff alone, and u don't need those quotation marks, so the format will be "bsdiff CHAR_CLNoob.xxx CHAR_KLNoob.xxx CHAR_KLNoob.xxx.diff", again without the quotes
alexofeich
Mortal

Post by alexofeich »

sultan0017 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:10 am
alexofeich wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:19 am I did IMG_20230905_191850.jpgeverything as you wrote, but it still didn't work.
As i can see from the picture, a number of mistakes u made, bsdiff should be typed without .exe extension so bsdiff alone, and u don't need those quotation marks, so the format will be "bsdiff CHAR_CLNoob.xxx CHAR_KLNoob.xxx CHAR_KLNoob.xxx.diff", again without the quotes
I don't understand how to do this, can you send me a screenshot?
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

alexofeich wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:23 am

I'm not home right now so I dont have my laptop with me, just type this

bsdiff CHAR_CLNoob.xxx CHAR_KLNoob.xxx CHAR_KLNoob.xxx.diff
alexofeich
Mortal

Post by alexofeich »

sultan0017 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:27 am

Right this?
IMG_20230905_202730.jpg
alexofeich
Mortal

Post by alexofeich »

sultan0017 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:27 am

Quotes are made by themselves for some reason

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”