¿How to create alternate costumes for DLC characters?

Marce_3405
Master
Side: Darkness

Post by Marce_3405 »

For example; I have a Jarek mod, to which I want to add an alternate costume.

I had tried something but it didn't work for me, jarek's mod is based on kano, so I used the alternative costume that is based on "Kano_B" and modified it with the generic renamer to turn it into "Jar_B" (Jar = Jarek), I was convinced that it was going to work :lol: but not

So that's why I'm making this post, I'm hoping for help from you, the other modders, maybe you can help me.

Sorry if there are errors in English, I speak Spanish and I use Google translate
MFS
Warrior

Re: ¿How to create alternate costumes for DLC characters?

Post by MFS »

And how was he original costume file called? It should be called CHAR_JAR.XXX, only in this case alt. costume will work.
Telegram: @mfskhaos
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

MFS wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:51 pm And how was he original costume file called? It should be called CHAR_JAR.XXX, only in this case alt. costume will work.
Yes, the main file modified is CHAR_Jar.xxx

But the alternate costume doesn't work
Sorry if there are errors in English, I speak Spanish and I use Google translate
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

I see. Sometimes some extra lines/folders should be renamed. Search for word "Kano_B" in your .XXX-file. You will find something. I've just checked his archive and found line "Name_Kano_B" & just "Kano_B" before the texture names. Try to rename them manually to "Jar_B", I hope this will help.

Upd Or maybe you just forgot to check the hash box?
Telegram: @mfskhaos
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

MFS wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:30 pm I see. Sometimes some extra lines/folders should be renamed. Search for word "Kano_B" in your .XXX-file. You will find something. I've just checked his archive and found line "Name_Kano_B" & just "Kano_B" before the texture names. Try to rename them manually to "Jar_B", I hope this will help.

I'll be testing, I'll update anything.
Thanks for your attention :wink:
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

MFS wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:30 pm I see. Sometimes some extra lines/folders should be renamed. Search for word "Kano_B" in your .XXX-file. You will find something. I've just checked his archive and found line "Name_Kano_B" & just "Kano_B" before the texture names. Try to rename them manually to "Jar_B", I hope this will help.

I couldn't achieve anything :(

I will leave the file of Kano's alternative costume (Jarek MK4), if someone can solve this and make the error known, it would help me a lot. I want this to be the secondary skin of the Jarek Armageddon mod (AlterL model) that I uploaded yesterday

CHAR_Kano_J.rar
(10.43 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

¿Does anyone have the answer to this? I still haven't been able to make alternative costumes to my DLC
sultan0017
Warrior
Side: Light

Post by sultan0017 »

Marce_3405 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:15 pm ¿Does anyone have the answer to this? I still haven't been able to make alternative costumes to my DLC
Which version of the game is it?? will try to help
Marce_3405
Master

Post by Marce_3405 »

sultan0017 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:58 am
Marce_3405 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:15 pm ¿Does anyone have the answer to this? I still haven't been able to make alternative costumes to my DLC
Which version of the game is it?? will try to help
Version 1.07
sultan0017
Warrior
Side: Light

Post by sultan0017 »

Marce_3405 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:12 pm
Version 1.07
Try it now, but keep in mind I only injected the textures and the skeletakmesh(no hex editing at all) and not sure it would work 100%.
Attachments
CHAR_Jar_B.rar
(9.64 MiB) Downloaded 26 times

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”