Rain MKX (as requested by Boromir147)

AlterL
Grand Master

Rain MKX (as requested by Boromir147)

Post by AlterL »

I will admit this is not my best work yet, and I will probably attempt to update it in the near future, that being said, I've done this mesh swap over twelve times due to different bugs relating to both the MKX model and the original MK9 one, so here it is the first version of MKX Rain in MK9.
Can be installed as both Rn primary costume or as an alternate called rn_x

If you like my mods and would like to see some more, or if you want to make special requests here is my paypal link, 3$ for any "easy" mesh swap, 5$ for anything more complicated than that. Also, if I see some interest I will mesh swap other characters like Reptile and Scorpion in order to give them proper UMK3 Costumes as well as other mods that I have in mind.

https://paypal.me/Lfer96?country.x=VE&locale.x=es_XC
V1Beta.png
RainMKX1.7z
(8.32 MiB) Downloaded 655 times

PixelDudeUltra
Apprentice
Side: Light

Re: Rain MKX (as requested by Boromir147)

Post by PixelDudeUltra »

that was quite fast, nice work
Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

Thank you that was fast. I'll try it out :)
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice
Side: Light
PSN: whats a psn?
XBox Live: idk

Post by Asicantthinkofaname »

Looks Awesome loved his design in mkx
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

Post by Mr Skull Oficial »

Excellent Work, but how do you make the model match the pose of the original so well?and also, how do you make it "dismemberable" during fatalities?
(Sorry if there is any writing error,My language is spanish,And i use google translate)

Do you like my mods and want to help me in some way?,Do it through my paypal account below (It is not mandatory, but it would help me a lot):https://paypal.me/mrskullofficial2022?c ... le.x=es_XC

Visit my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9WI6e ... VMNhoriXdQ
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:54 am Excellent Work, but how do you make the model match the pose of the original so well?and also, how do you make it "dismemberable" during fatalities?
Xnalara and you need to cut the big mesh into smaller ones the size, shape and name of the originals, so basically you need to learn what the parent meshes are (meshes that don't disappear or change with DMG, and what do they represent. For Example
2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
depending on the mesh there can be some more for hair and other stuff.
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

AlterL wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 am
Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:54 am Excellent Work, but how do you make the model match the pose of the original so well?and also, how do you make it "dismemberable" during fatalities?
Xnalara and you need to cut the big mesh into smaller ones the size, shape and name of the originals, so basically you need to learn what the parent meshes are (meshes that don't disappear or change with DMG, and what do they represent. For Example
2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
Oh, I didn't understand much even though I have experience changing meshes in blender, but I would like to know more, Did you learn that from your own experience or where?,I know I ask a lot,but I really want to know,since I never had luck with the mesh changes in blender and the truth it became a little frustrating,since I always got models with deformations,without body parts, etc,so I would really appreciate it if you could tell me more how to fix those problems so that the final model comes out "clean" and can be "dismembered" during the fatalities, it doesn't matter if it has no damage, the important thing are those two things mainly (I'll give you credits if it works for me), but if you don't want to tell me I'll understand.
(Sorry if there is any writing error,My language is spanish,And i use google translate)

Do you like my mods and want to help me in some way?,Do it through my paypal account below (It is not mandatory, but it would help me a lot):https://paypal.me/mrskullofficial2022?c ... le.x=es_XC

AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:38 am
2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
Oh, I didn't understand much even though I have experience changing meshes in blender, but I would like to know more, Did you learn that from your own experience or where?,I know I ask a lot,but I really want to know,since I never had luck with the mesh changes in blender and the truth it became a little frustrating,since I always got models with deformations,without body parts, etc,so I would really appreciate it if you could tell me more how to fix those problems so that the final model comes out "clean" and can be "dismembered" during the fatalities, it doesn't matter if it has no damage, the important thing are those two things mainly (I'll give you credits if it works for me), but if you don't want to tell me I'll understand.
Well, excuse me if I fail to make this easier, English is not my first language and I'm pretty sick right now but basically every "skeletalmesh" is divided into multiple meshes, this meshes are the parts of the model that you see in game as well as the internal organs and the like, now what you want to do is learn the names of the main parts of the body, this are meshes that don't alter their appearance when taking dmg during gameplay unlike for example Smoke's eye which if hit in the head one to many times will change to a model of the injured eye, now once you do the weight transfer between the original model and your own, you want to cut the new model into the required parts that you need for fatalities, you can do this following the shapes of the original model and rename them into the name of the old model used to have, so for example if rain's feet mesh is named mesh_099, I will name the mesh of the new model feet Mesh_099 as well. There are other considerations as well to take into account but thats the main part in order to get meshes that can be cut into fatalities. And yes I learned with trial and a lot of errors.
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

AlterL wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:58 am
Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:38 am

2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
Well, excuse me if I fail to make this easier, English is not my first language and I'm pretty sick right now but basically every "skeletalmesh" is divided into multiple meshes, this meshes are the parts of the model that you see in game as well as the internal organs and the like, now what you want to do is learn the names of the main parts of the body, this are meshes that don't alter their appearance when taking dmg during gameplay unlike for example Smoke's eye which if hit in the head one to many times will change to a model of the injured eye, now once you do the weight transfer between the original model and your own, you want to cut the new model into the required parts that you need for fatalities, you can do this following the shapes of the original model and rename them into the name of the old model used to have, so for example if rain's feet mesh is named mesh_099, I will name the mesh of the new model feet Mesh_099 as well. There are other considerations as well to take into account but thats the main part in order to get meshes that can be cut into fatalities. And yes I learned with trial and a lot of errors.
Now I understand a little better,I will try,Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and explain to me :D,If I make a successful mod with this information I will give you the credits you deserve!

Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
I forgot to ask you 2 things, First, do I have to cut the model after the weight transfer?, Second, how do I cut models in blender? (Unless you don't use blender, and use 3dsmax)

AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:53 pm
2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
I forgot to ask you 2 things, First, do I have to cut the model after the weight transfer?, Second, how do I cut models in blender? (Unless you don't use blender, and use 3dsmax)
yes, first you're gonna do the weight transfer, then you're gonna want to cut it. In order to do so, just select the part of the model you want to cut in edit mode and press P and choose by selection. that will divide your mesh into two
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

AlterL wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:53 pm
Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:53 pm

2 arm meshes
6 on the legs,
6 on the chest area
4 on the head
yes, first you're gonna do the weight transfer, then you're gonna want to cut it. In order to do so, just select the part of the model you want to cut in edit mode and press P and choose by selection. that will divide your mesh into two
Now I understand everything perfectly, thank you very much AlterL! :D

Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

Hmm AlterL do you think Taven would be doable as a dlc character?
jprfameli
Mortal

Post by jprfameli »

AlterL wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:33 am I will admit this is not my best work yet, and I will probably attempt to update it in the near future, that being said, I've done this mesh swap over twelve times due to different bugs relating to both the MKX model and the original MK9 one, so here it is the first version of MKX Rain in MK9.
Can be installed as both Rn primary costume or as an alternate called rn_x

If you like my mods and would like to see some more, or if you want to make special requests here is my paypal link, 3$ for any "easy" mesh swap, 5$ for anything more complicated than that. Also, if I see some interest I will mesh swap other characters like Reptile and Scorpion in order to give them proper UMK3 Costumes as well as other mods that I have in mind.

https://paypal.me/Lfer96?country.x=VE&locale.x=es_XC

V1Beta.png

RainMKX1.7z
Even changing in the ini file of
[eng]
line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|char_rn|MKX|1
for
[por]
line1=MK9Game.por|PlayerSelect|char_rn|MKX|1
The name of the skin in the game is still BUG_ME, why?
Amazing mod, amazing model
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Boromir147 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 am Hmm AlterL do you think Taven would be doable as a dlc character?
I could give it a shot if you want me to. What char would you want him to be over?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”