Rain MKX (as requested by Boromir147)

AlterL
Grand Master

Re: Rain MKX (as requested by Boromir147)

Post by AlterL »

jprfameli wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:04 pm
AlterL wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:33 am I will admit this is not my best work yet, and I will probably attempt to update it in the near future, that being said, I've done this mesh swap over twelve times due to different bugs relating to both the MKX model and the original MK9 one, so here it is the first version of MKX Rain in MK9.
Can be installed as both Rn primary costume or as an alternate called rn_x

If you like my mods and would like to see some more, or if you want to make special requests here is my paypal link, 3$ for any "easy" mesh swap, 5$ for anything more complicated than that. Also, if I see some interest I will mesh swap other characters like Reptile and Scorpion in order to give them proper UMK3 Costumes as well as other mods that I have in mind.

https://paypal.me/Lfer96?country.x=VE&locale.x=es_XC

V1Beta.png

That's because your game isn't in English, you want to use it in your own language, in order to do that put change eng for the language you're using.

RainMKX1.7z
Even changing in the ini file of
[eng]
line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|char_rn|MKX|1
for
[por]
line1=MK9Game.por|PlayerSelect|char_rn|MKX|1
The name of the skin in the game is still BUG_ME, why?
Amazing mod, amazing model

zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Post by zepterrian »

AlterL wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:33 am I will admit this is not my best work yet, and I will probably attempt to update it in the near future, that being said, I've done this mesh swap over twelve times due to different bugs relating to both the MKX model and the original MK9 one, so here it is the first version of MKX Rain in MK9.

If you like my mods and would like to see some more, or if you want to make special requests here is my paypal link, 3$ for any "easy" mesh swap, 5$ for anything more complicated than that. Also, if I see some interest I will mesh swap other characters like Reptile and Scorpion in order to give them proper UMK3 Costumes as well as other mods that I have in mind.

V1Beta.png

RainMKX1.7z
[eng]
for
[por]
try adding this:

line2=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|rn|RAIN|1
For the raptor race...
Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

AlterL wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:29 pm
Boromir147 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 am Hmm AlterL do you think Taven would be doable as a dlc character?
I could give it a shot if you want me to. What char would you want him to be over?
I was 🤔 thinking maybe kano. If you can't do a dlc slot than at least over his alt skin.
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Boromir147 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:11 pm
AlterL wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:29 pm
Boromir147 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 am Hmm AlterL do you think Taven would be doable as a dlc character?
I could give it a shot if you want me to. What char would you want him to be over?
I was 🤔 thinking maybe kano. If you can't do a dlc slot than at least over his alt skin.
I'll get to work. I'm having trouble locating XNA model of him so I might have to use some trickery to get this right this time.
Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

Oh damn that sucks :/
Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

I didn't realize no one ever upload a model of him. Could you
Do bane knightfall as dlc over Jax. Instead. In the future I'll make sure my request have existing models to work with
jprfameli
Mortal

Post by jprfameli »

zepterrian wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:35 pm

V1Beta.png

RainMKX1.7z
[eng]
for
[por]
try adding this:

It didn't work :(
Here the .ini file:
:!: :!:
[Description]
line1=Mortal Kombat X DLC skin for Rain.\n
line2=File Added:\nCHAR_Rn_X.xxx

[Patch]
line1=CHAR_Rain.xxx|CHAR_Rn_X.xxx

[Files]
line1=CHAR_Rn_X.xxx

[ini]
AddID=Rn_X
line1=Mk9Game.ini|Player|IsDLC|rn_x|0
line2=MK9Game.ini|Player.DownloadContentUnlocked|rn_x|TRUE|1

[eng]
line1=MK9Game.por|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1

[fra]

[por]

[spa]
:!:
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

jprfameli wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 am It didn't work :(
The section of the localizations looks weird. They are not correct. You should have the following:

[eng]
line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1

[fra]
line1=MK9Game.fra|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1

[por]

[spa]
line1=MK9Game.spa|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1

Take in count that it is not necessary to add all of those four lines if you don't want to, only make sure that the one of your interest is written in the same way as one of the them.

EDIT: post edited to simplify the answer.
Last edited by zepterrian on Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
For the raptor race...
jprfameli
Mortal

Post by jprfameli »

zepterrian wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:01 pm
jprfameli wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 am It didn't work :(
The section of the localizations looks weird. They are not correct. You should have the following:

[eng]
line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1

[fra]
line1=MK9Game.fra|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1
line2=MK9Game.fra|PlayerSelect|rn|RAIN|1

[por]
line2=MK9Game.por|PlayerSelect|rn|RAIN|1

[spa]
line1=MK9Game.spa|PlayerSelect|char_rn_x|MKX|1
line2=MK9Game.spa|PlayerSelect|rn|RAIN|1

If it still doesnt work do this:
Open the mod file with generic renamer 3.1 or 3.2 and fill the first box with your file name (CHAR_Rn.xxx)
Click on Advanced options.
There is a box for "Game Save Name". Click on load.
If you see "rain" then change it to "rn", and press save.
Test the mod in game.
Thank you very much for your attention and help, but unfortunately it didn't work... The interesting thing is that the same thing happens with the Dark Kahn mod, even changing the ini file or use generic renamer these mods continue with bug_me, well, at least for me, but a lot thank you anyway!
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

jprfameli wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:26 pm Thank you very much for your attention and help, but unfortunately it didn't work... The interesting thing is that the same thing happens with the Dark Kahn mod, even changing the ini file or use generic renamer these mods continue with bug_me, well, at least for me, but a lot thank you anyway!
No problem. I don't think that there is not solution for this though.
I'm not sure you want to keep diggin' into this but always make sure to uninstall the mod before making any changes to the installer.
Perhaps you forgot about it idk.
The only reason for this bug is that the name is not registered in the localization file you are using (the coalesced file for you language).

Btw, I checked the files and I edited the previous post to avoid adding unnecessary requirements. The original installer provided by AlterL is fine but you can still add or modify it so it works with your game language.
For the raptor race...
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Boromir147 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:58 am Thank you that was fast. I'll try it out :)
So I have been looking into making your Taven Mod and after many tries, I've managed to head swap Kano with Taven's head from Armageddon (I found an OBJ non rigged model of Taven somewhere on deviantart for me to use, sadly I couldn't use the whole body., that being said I want your opinion if a mixture between a headswap and a skin would be good enough for you?
20230206_140302.jpg
20230206_140310.jpg
here's a look at what I have been able to come up with for now , obviously it isn't done yet, but I want you to get an idea of what I'm trying to archive here.
Last edited by AlterL on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Boromir147 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:12 am I didn't realize no one ever upload a model of him. Could you
Do bane knightfall as dlc over Jax. Instead. In the future I'll make sure my request have existing models to work with
Damn, I had not seen this... hehehe if you want me to, I'll do that one sure.
Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

Oh damn Taven is looking good :). Ya just keep working on taven
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Boromir147 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:13 pm Oh damn Taven is looking good :). Ya just keep working on taven
I'm adding the finishing touches to Bane as well, if you're still interested. Just need to fix one slightly annoying bug and add it to the roster with that one, Taven is much harder due to the nature of partial swaps, but I'll finish it by tomorrow if everything goes according to plan.

Bane2.png
[/i]
Boromir147
Warrior

Post by Boromir147 »

Sweet hell ya. I'll paypal for bane as well

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”