Ed Boon Confirms: No Game Announcement At The Game Awards

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Ed Boon Confirms: No Game Announcement At The Game Awards

Post by Roy Arkon »

The Game Awards is only one week away, and many fans anticipate that this is where and when NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. Games will announce their next game, as that was the exact same scenario for the announcement of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate 4 years ago at the exact same event.

However, Mortal Kombat co-creator and head of NRS Ed Boon came in to clear any speculation or anticipation regarding such announcement, as this is actually not going to happen. Indeed, NRS/WB are not going to announce any new game at the Game Awards, since they are not ready to announce their new game yet.
Author's opinion: Honestly, this shouldn't be surprise at all. I keep telling both myself and others to always keep ourselves in check, both in terms of expectations and/or anticipation, and this case is no different. And what makes this even more absurd is that the idea that NRS/WB would repeat the same idea only makes that scenario too obvious too happen, which at the end actually only makes it more obvious to not happen. As Ed Boon said by himself, that trick was perhaps too good that now people were too quick to lock-on the Game Awards as the date of the announcement, only to set themselves into disappointment, and it shows.

Whatever the next game from NRS/WB is going to be, we should all remain patient and let them take all the time they need. I mean, they haven't announced anything yet, so they're not delaying anything. As of right now, we should all let the Hourglass to do it's work :wink:

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
danila_22777
Mortal

Re: Ed Boon Confirms: No Game Announcement At The Game Awards

Post by danila_22777 »

He is the troller and everyone knows it.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Not really surprised there. My only hope is that whenever they announce it, it would be good.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

danila_22777 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:26 pm He is the troller and everyone knows it.
Ed Boon is a troll, but he's not a liar. There is huge difference between trolling and lying, and Ed Boon doesn't do either of those with this announcement.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”