Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Available for Pre-Order in UK

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Available for Pre-Order in UK

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat's 30th Anniversary is almost upon us and fans have eagerly been awaiting something exciting from WB Games and Netherrealm Studios for the joyous occasion.

So far fans have learned about the upcoming release of the third animated movie, Mortal Kombat Legends Snow Blind. We also just saw the re-release of Mortal Kombat Trilogy for modern Windows platforms on GOG. Both events happened with little to no word/acknowledgement from WB Games and Netherrealm Studios. Any connection to Mortal Kombat's 30th Anniversary has not been made.

During the last few days rumors for a Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle have been spreading online and today Amazon.co.uk made this bundle available for pre-order. Have a look at some of the images:
Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle
The bundle is available for XBox One/Series consoles and PlayStation 5 and includes Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and an exclusive Steelbook 4K Ultra HD version of the Mortal Kombat (2021) movie. Have a look at the official information from Amazon for the PlayStation 5 version:
The Mortal Kombat: The 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle [Amazon Exclusive Steelbook] includes Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and Mortal Kombat (2021) film in 4K Ultra HD, housed in an exclusive Steelbook.

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is the definitive MK experience! Take control of earthrealm's protectors in the game's two critically acclaimed, time-bending story campaigns as they race to stop kronika from rewinding time and rebooting history. Friendships are tested, and new alliances forged, in the battle to save all of existence.

Immerse yourself with the 2021 Mortal Kombat film directed by Simon McQuoid, screenplay by Greg Russo and Dave Calaham and story by Oren Uziel. Watch MMA fighter Cole Young must train to unlock his true power and stand with Earth’s greatest champions against the enemies from Outworld in a high-stakes battle for the universe.

Extra Content:

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate includes:
•Mortal Kombat 11, Kombat Pack 1, Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath & Kombat Pack 2
•Complete character roster, including new additions Rain, Mileena & Rambo.
•Mortal Kombat 11 showcases every amusing friendship, gory fatality and soul-crushing Fatal blow like never before. You'll be so close to the fight, you can feel it!
•Upgrades for PS5 includes: 4K dynamic resolution/ enhanced visuals/ significantly improved loading times/ cross-platform/cross-gen compatibility
Here are also some pictures of the exclusive Steelbook of the Mortal Kombat (2021) movie:
Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Movie Steelbook Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Movie Steelbook Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Movie Steelbook Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Movie Steelbook
We are still expecting an official announcement regarding the release and whether it is going to be available in other territories. Strangely a PlayStation 4 bundle is thus far missing. The bundle is expected to be released on September 26, 2022 in the UK.

Will you pre-order this bundle, tell us in the comments.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-movie-steelbook-04.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-movie-steelbook-03.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-movie-steelbook-02.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-movie-steelbook-01.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-bundle-04.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-bundle-03.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-bundle-02.jpg
mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-bundle-01.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Available for Pre-Order in UK

Post by Roy Arkon »

Some people already jumped to conclusions that this is all we are gonna get for the 30th anniversary and of course they went into a baseless outrage. However, Amazon UK, as big as they are, they are neither WB nor NRS. Until we get an official statement by either one of them, that is still just like you said, only a rumor. Even if it is real, we are also getting the next MK: Legends movie, Snow Blind, and MK Trilogy for the PC, so we are still getting something new for anniversary. Yes it wasn't announced in relation to it, but the timing clearly shows that still.

So like you said, we need to wait for an official announcement.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Re: Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle Available for Pre-Order in UK

Post by Gambid »

The bundle is real. I already pre-ordered it as I want the Steelbook. I believe what angers people is the lack of communication from WB Games/NRS.

- Legends leaked, without so much as a peep from WB.
- MK Trilogy was released without as much as a press release or announcement. This could have been made into something really special for the fans, especially now. Instead, it was simply tossed out there.
- and now we keep milking MK11 with 6 sort of different re-releases.

I can definitely understand why people aren't happy.

I believe people want to see some excitement from the side of WB/NRS. They want to see that the franchise is being celebrated by its owners/creators and the only thing with the latest bundles is, well more of the same.

MK11 Special Editions lack creativity, lack inspiration, the only thing they are is high in numbers to generate cash.

I do however love the movie Steelbook, the only reason I purchased this.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

That's not true at all. All the people that are mad are just upset because they expected to get something much bigger, and now some of them also started saying that if this is real, they would rather get nothing than getting this. They didn't even mention the communication from NRS/WB not even once. And the communication doesn't have anything to do with at all.

And speaking of which, did you already forget of the all the videos that Ed Boon shared of the making of MK1? NRS and Ed Boon are super excited about the anniversary and it clearly shows. WB of course didn't say that because they are WB, they are more into the business side of things, so them being quite only makes sense. But NRS? They are super excited for it. Also Ed Boon hyped up MK Legends: Snow Blind as well on Twitter, so he gave hype to that as well, and he hyped the 30th anniversary on Twitter multiple other times too. NRS and Ed Boon have already celebrated the 30th anniversary more than once for nearly a year now.

So the communication is not the issue at all, and once again the people that are upset didn't talk about it at all, because there is no need to. I saw all of that with my bare eyes. All of the anger comes only towards that particular bundle only because it says "30 anniversary" in the the title of it and they don't even look at MK: Legends or MKT for the PC. So they think that not only are gonna get only that when we are already getting much more than that, but there's still time for even more stuff to be reveled, just like the MK11 special edition that you just posted the news about.

That's why the anger is completely baseless and pointless and in more ways than one. They are looking only into this and expecting this to be much bigger than this, without looking to anywhere else.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

It may be completely baseless and pointless in your opinion, but o lot of people feel differently. There are even some articles written online. Of course there are expectations and there is reality and people can get themselves over hyped.

No matter how we look at it, re-releasing Mortal Kombat 11 for what feels like the 1 hundred time with a slight change or something additional doesn't make you as a company look excited for the 30th anniversary of your franchise, it makes you look lazy and to be honest greedy.

Just to name a few:
Mortal Kombat 11
Mortal Kombat 11 Special Edition (different vendors Steelbooks, like GameStop)
Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition (Black Steelbook, no magnet magnet)
Mortal Kombat 11 Kollectors Edition (Scorpion, Black Steelbook, yellow magnet)
Mortal Kombat 11 Omake Release
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Kollector's Edition (Scorpion, Black Steelbook, blue magnet)
Mortal Kombat 11 PS5/Series X Standard
Mortal Kombat 11 PS5/Series X Special Edition (Black Steelbook, blue platinum magnet)

These are just the ones I know of, there was something with a box I believe.

And now on top of these, we get 6 more, 5 of which with what looks like the base game, I don't know.

There is nothing original about the MK11 part of the announced stuff, excluding the movie Steelbook, which is kind of nice.

I am asking myself what the purpose of these is. People interested in the release, are fans of the franchise, most of which already have the game and the movie.

I don't assume that this is all there will be, but everything else has not been release in connection with the anniversary (excluding videos and behind the scenes stuff).

MK Trilogy is a definite win, but even that happened with not even a word, no trailer, no press release, nothing to get people hyped.

They may still be planning something big, but so far, there is nothing to get people really excited. A quick look on twitter for example shows this.

Not looking to be convinced of something different, I am simply stating that fans who aren't happy, have a reason to feel like that. Are WB Games and NRS obligated to do something, absolutely not. Is it in the best interest of the franchise to keep its fans excited and happy, definitely.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Articles, especially nowadays, are more often than not written just with the mindset of people clicking on them out of outrage over things, just to get the ad revenue from the ads on their pages, when the authors themselves don't even believe the things that they wrote. That's of course not the case with every article, but these cases happen more and more, especially with the outrage-culture of the internet.

And there are things that indeed deserve to get outrage and backlash for, but that's not one of those things, because the timing is still not right. As I said, we already got so many things close to the timing of the anniversary. And just because they don't have the words 30th anniversary of Mortal Kombat" attached to them, or there is no trailer and/or press release for them, that doesn't mean that it's not related to the anniversary or not hyping it up, the timing alone is all we need. Even this bundle of MK11 and the movie is gonna be released on 09/26, that's two weeks before the anniversary which is on 10/08. And the MK11 30th anniversary special editions from Novobox (also BTW, there is Novobox, not Novabox, it needs to fixed in your news post about it, just saying) are gonna be released in December, that's two months after the anniversary. So having both of those, alongside MK Legends: Snow Blind and MKT on GOG, as well as the MK Legacy 30th anniversary Edition from Arcade1Up that we got several weeks ago, is already a lot that we get for it. And we are very likely gonna get even more over the next several weeks, if not even months. NRS/WB don't need to release a trailer or a press release for every single one of them.

As for WB re-releasing MK11 multiple times, all of those are just either bundles or necessary backwards compatible updates for the game, all in perfectly fine prices, that's not greedy at all. On the contrary, I've seen truly greedy business practices, like with how Capcom used to release multiple iterations of Street Fighter games, including SF4, with only slight changes to them that weren't backwards compatible, or releasing Ultra SF2 with new characters 23 years after Super Turbo (which was already two iterations of SF2 too many even back in the 90's) just so they can have something for the Nintendo Switch. Or even more recently, with Bamco releasing the definitive edition for Tekken 7, a game that was already 4 years old back then, for 120$ as if it was new game. WB by comparison is fine. Also, just like unCAGEDgamez said in his video on his YouTube channel, the MK11 + MK 2021 movie bundle is clearly for collectors, as it is an Amazon exclusive and it comes with an exclusive steelbook, on top of the movie itself coming in 4K Ultra HD. That's the purpose of this product, for it to be sold for collectors. So while it's indeed not for everyone, the exclusiveness of it makes a worthy product. And it's surely not greedy on WB's part, at all.

NRS are surely excited for the anniversary, and WB keep releasing products for it, and both companies bring in the hype. The outrage is baseless and pointless, in all places, including Twitter.
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

Guys, i think there is inough drama here. Everyone has it's own opinion on what nrs and wb should and should not do. I persanally agree with Gambid. But we have to wait till the anniversary to find out who was right and who wasn't. For now, let's end this here.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

There is no drama in this thread, everything that was said here was said in highly respectful and detailed manner, and anyone who wants to add their piece is welcomed to do so as long as they keep it civil and respectful.

And back to the topic at hand, even if we don't get anything more, what we did get so far a very good amount of stuff. Yes we should wait until the Anniversary and even beyond that to see if we do get anything more, but it's still a very good amount.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I would agree, there is no drama, just a significant difference in opinions, up to the point that commenting further makes no sense.

I had a huge post written and then I had a look at unCAGEDgamez. And he touches on most of the points from my post.

- The 17th copies of MK11 everyone already has
- The only new thing in the bundle is the Steelbook (so a Steelbook for 28 bucks)
- The Novabox bundles is a pure joke (base ps4 game) (basically 29 bucks for post cards)

So no point in writing it. But also no point in discussing further. We will neither change the opinion of the other, nor agree on whether the community is happy or not with the bundle(s). We are both looking at this though different lenses.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Now yes, there is no point of keep discussing it any further at this point. However, I do wanna add one more comment, regarding to your points about unCAGEDgamez' video:

1) He only mentioned 17 copies of MK11 in relation to the copies that he himself owns, obviously not everyone has multiple copies of MK11
2) A 28$ Steelbook that once again is made for collectors, so for them it's very valuable still
3) The Novabox addition includes a metal poster in addition to the postcards, and yes CAGED complained about both but only because he doesn't realize that making such items is not as easy as he thinks, I myself had to point that out in the comment section of his video
4) All of that still doesn't change the fact that on top of getting both of those bundles, we already got the Arcade 1Up Legacy Edition and MKT on GOG and we are about to get Snow Blind very soon as well, indicating that we might still get even more stuff in the coming months.

I know that some highly vocal people are upset, but that's exactly what happens when you set your expectations to a very high point and/or specific direction mixing up with their definition of what needs to be done, in this case hyping up the 30th anniversary of MK. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't deliver at that, it's just that it doesn't go hand-to-hand with their expectations, not the actual goal.

I said my piece, I will leave it at that.

Return to “News Articles”