Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Leaks (Updated)

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Leaks (Updated)

Post by Gambid »

There are days and months between releases where there is simply nothing newsworthy and then there is that, the sudden leak that makes the rounds so fast that it puts Fujin's tornadoes to shame. But as with any leak, please take this with a grain of salt until an official announcement is made by Warner Bros.

Several hours ago an image of the front cover of Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind and a lot of information about this third animated movie started making the rounds online. Most likely these are based on a leaked press release or one that was sent out in advance. But before we start discussing the information, here is the image itself.
Mortal Kombat Legends Snow Blind
Most of the information and the picture are in German pointing to a press release meant for the German market which made its way online.

Let's have a look at all the currently available information (keep in mind we cannot verify it yet).

Runtime: 80 minutes
Current release date: October 27th, 2022

Synopsis (translated from German): The devious and power-hungry Kano is determined to take over Earthrealm soul by soul. Together with three cold-blooded Black Dragon mercenaries, he attacks one defenseless city after the other. His demand is simple: submission or death. Kenshi, a rebellious warrior, calls on Kuai Liang for help, who is the only one strong enough to take on Kano. But Kuai Liang is no longer a warrior and Kenshi is not disciplined enough to defeat Kano. If Kuai Liang cannot free himself from the doubts holding him back, Earthrealm will fall. Everything is at stake and the cost of failure has never been higher than now!

The information here is further strengthen by a leak from a while ago that listed an older (60-70) Kuai Liang and a list of characters that includes Kano, Kira, Kobra and Tremor.

In addition we appear to be making a jump in the timeline as Kuai Liang age points to a story that happens long after the events of Battle of The Realms

Update from August 2nd, 2022

Mortal Kombat Legends Snow Blind has now been listed on several German online shops including on Amazon DE. The Online Retailer even shows a blu-ray box from a slightly different angle. Have a look:
Mortal Kombat Legends Snow Blind
Click here to see the listing.

While we are still waiting for an official press release, I strongly believe that we can now look at this as something that is indeed happening.

What is very curious here is that at least based on that cover the movie has an FSK 16 rating in Germany, while the previous two installments were rated FSK 18. If correct, this rating points to a reduced amount of blood, violence and and similar Mortal Kombat specific themes.

However, a quick check with the FSK, shows no listed rating on their part as of yet. While this might not be officially available there as the movie isn't out yet, it may also mean that Mortal Kombat Legends Snow Blind has not been rated yet and what we see on the covers is just the hopes of the creator.

Update from August 8th, 2022

In the meantime Mortal Kombat Legends Snow Blind is not just listed on Amazon.DE but also available for pre-order for €13.99.

What do you think, tell us in the comments and stay close for the latest news on this animated movie as they keep coming.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-legends-snow-blind-front-cover-art.jpg
mortal-kombat-legends-snow-blind-early-box-cover-art.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Leaks

Post by Roy Arkon »

Well, like you said, we need to take this with a grain of salt, until an official reveal gets in. As convincing as these details and DVD cover look, it's still a leak.

If it's real though, it does look interesting to make a movie focusing on Kenshi, Kuai Liang Sub-Zero and the Black Dragon.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Skarzero
Mortal

Post by Skarzero »

Not sure how I feel about Old Man Kuai Liang. Don't make him a pathetic useless fighter or just some dude who simply needs motivation.

I hope it's handled the way Logan handled Wolverine.

Excited to see Kenshi and his dynamic with Kuai.

I hope they don't shoehorn too many concepts and characters like they did in BotR.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

It is official now, blind snow is coming.

I think this is the attempt of going smaller and more character driven after the chaos that was battle of the realms.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”