All characters gear lost rarity

Samantha
Mortal
Side: Light

All characters gear lost rarity

Post by Samantha »

Hi everyone! I haven't played the game at least a year and now noticed that the gear on every character lost rarity, with the exception of selected before. All gear now have just a normal rarity. However, this did not affect on the skins.

Does anyone know why this happened? :roll:

P.S.Thanks for your answers.

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: All characters gear lost rarity

Post by Roy Arkon »

I checked it just now and only the Gear pieces that are attached to my Variations still have their rarity, but the rest of the Gear pieces indeed don't have them anymore. And yes the Skins still have their rarity.

I guess NRS/WB decided to change this in a patch. Maybe if you equip a new Gear piece to one of your Variations, maybe you could see it's rarity after you equip it.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Samantha
Mortal

Post by Samantha »

Roy Arkon wrote:Maybe if you equip a new Gear piece to one of your Variations, maybe you could see it's rarity after you equip it.
I tried to with some characters and played for a while, but nothing changed.

At least I'm not alone in this. Thank you for checking, Roy.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Samantha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:33 pm
Roy Arkon wrote:Maybe if you equip a new Gear piece to one of your Variations, maybe you could see it's rarity after you equip it.
I tried to with some characters and played for a while, but nothing changed.

At least I'm not alone in this. Thank you for checking, Roy.
You're very welcome :mrgreen:
Samantha
Mortal

Post by Samantha »

I finally figured out the 'problem' with the gear. Rarity now changes when slots for augments are unlocked. When all slots are closed, the rarity is gray (normal), when one - green (mortal), when two - blue (mythic), and when all three - purple (elder). I can calm down now. :P
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Great find dude, I saw it now too. It doesn't even matter if you the Gear pieces are attached to one of your current Variations. I looked at my Shang Tsung and he has at least one Gear pieces of all of his 3 unique pieces (Braces, Ancient Scrolls and Souls Phylacteries) that have their rarity level shown even though they aren't currently attached to any of my Variations, but they were attached before and I raised their levels enough for them to have at least one augment slot open up. I even had a couple of Gear pieces that are currently attached yet they don't have their rarity level shown because I didn't unlock even one augment slot for them.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11”