General Texture Replacement Tutorial

bertyDOOM
Mortal
PSN: I dont have
XBox Live: I dont have

Re: General Texture Replacement Tutorial

Post by bertyDOOM »

It isnt like this only on injected textures. Most of the base ones are black too. Like for example Cassies whole costume is black and I havent injected anything.
Attachments
Mortal Kombat 11_2021.12.01-17.20.png

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

bertyDOOM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:25 am It isnt like this only on injected textures. Most of the base ones are black too. Like for example Cassies whole costume is black and I havent injected anything.
What are you doing before it becomes black?

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
bertyDOOM
Mortal

Post by bertyDOOM »

thethiny wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:18 am
bertyDOOM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:25 am It isnt like this only on injected textures. Most of the base ones are black too. Like for example Cassies whole costume is black and I havent injected anything.
What are you doing before it becomes black?
Nothing? Its just like this since the moment I first launched specialK.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

bertyDOOM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:26 am Nothing? Its just like this since the moment I first launched specialK.
Black means 0000000000000000000. This means something is overwriting your textures. 00000000000000000 is "nothing". So I suggest you remove it and redownload it.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
bertyDOOM
Mortal

Post by bertyDOOM »

Still black textures. Other games are totally fine. Here is the control panels if that could help.
Attachments
Mortal Kombat 11_2021.12.01-18.55.png
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

I ran out of ideas sorry

bertyDOOM
Mortal

Post by bertyDOOM »

No problem. People in the SpecialK discord couldnt help me either. I guess im the only who has this problem.
Fujin556
Mortal

Post by Fujin556 »

BertyDoom I have same problem :(
Remy2FANG
Mortal

Post by Remy2FANG »

bertyDOOM wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:57 am No problem. People in the SpecialK discord couldnt help me either. I guess im the only who has this problem.

I may have found the solution. I too had this problem plaguing me for weeks where parts of the characters are black despite not injecting any textures. But now, I figured out how to fix this issue.

You have already installed Special K into your computer, so that’s good.

The next step is to download the Stable version of Special K, which is 21.04.04. You can download it here (you must scroll down) : https://wiki.special-k.info/en/SpecialK/Tools

After download, open/extract the zip file and then open the SKIF executable file in there. This should open the 21.04.04 version of Special K.

For your injected textures, just leave them in the same folder you have always put from them when you want to inject textures: C:\Users\Your-PC\Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\Profiles\Mortal Kombat 11\SK_Res\inject\textures

Make sure Global Injection Service is running (so the words have to be green instead of orange). From there, launch MK11 via the 21.04.04 version of Special K.

If injected textures do not load, go to Render Mod Tools, expand the window, and hit Reload All Injected Textures on the top-right hand side.

If they do not load at all, close both the game and Special K completely. And then restart Special K (21.04.04 version, so open SKIF executable file from the zip you downloaded), and relaunch MK11. It should usually work the second time. Also Reload All Injected Textures in Render Mod Tools if the textures didn’t load.

I hope this helps, because this definitely worked for me.
bertyDOOM
Mortal

Post by bertyDOOM »

Im super late but I downloaded SpecialK to give it a try and was about to do the stuff Remy2Fang suggested about the black textures but it seems like they have fixed it in the latest version.
SoHWarm
Mortal

Post by SoHWarm »

Hi I can't get any textures to load at all in the live texture view. Anyone have any suggestions?
Remy2FANG
Mortal

Post by Remy2FANG »

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/za3-6nxCXyk[/YouTube]

I made a Texture Skin Modding tutorial vid if anyone is interested. Hope this is helpful.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Remy2FANG wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:43 am I made a Texture Skin Modding tutorial vid if anyone is interested. Hope this is helpful.
Nice.

milsondc
Mortal

Post by milsondc »

how can i fix this? all the low resolution texture is not being injected

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”