General Texture Replacement Tutorial

chrisdoc
Mortal
Side: Light

Re: Overkill's Texture Replacement Tutorials

Post by chrisdoc »

Uncompressed textures don't work for me.Injecting without correcting header gives all black like comments before, but the problem is that when I correct the header(by replacing what i before 80 with the 94 first from the original) my edited skin looks exactly like the original in game ignoring the photoshop changes I have done.
I would be really grateful if someone could help me make this work friends please!

Secondly I would like to ask: is it safe to use programm and skins in kombat league or is there any dander of a ban? I ask because special K say to be careful and maybe not use in online match I think.

Nobrega
Mortal

Post by Nobrega »

chrisdoc wrote:Uncompressed textures don't work for me.Injecting without correcting header gives all black like comments before, but the problem is that when I correct the header(by replacing what i before 80 with the 94 first from the original) my edited skin looks exactly like the original in game ignoring the photoshop changes I have done.
I would be really grateful if someone could help me make this work friends please!

Secondly I would like to ask: is it safe to use programm and skins in kombat league or is there any dander of a ban? I ask because special K say to be careful and maybe not use in online match I think.
The first question, I can't answer.

About the second question, I used it at KL and I had no problems. Probably whoever plays against you will only see the original skin you changed, the opponent doesn't have the changed skin files on his machine.
chrisdoc
Mortal

Post by chrisdoc »

Nobrega wrote:
chrisdoc wrote:Uncompressed textures don't work for me.Injecting without correcting header gives all black like comments before, but the problem is that when I correct the header(by replacing what i before 80 with the 94 first from the original) my edited skin looks exactly like the original in game ignoring the photoshop changes I have done.

About the second question, I used it at KL and I had no problems. Probably whoever plays against you will only see the original skin you changed, the opponent doesn't have the changed skin files on his machine.

Thank you my friend!! Hopefully someone also helps me with the first problem!
chrisdoc
Mortal

Post by chrisdoc »

chrisdoc wrote:
Nobrega wrote:

Thank you my friend!! Hopefully someone also helps me with the first problem!

I figured it out and maybe it is interesting for others too: Although uncompressed I had to auto-generate mipmaps while saving, otherwhise after correcting the header the file would neither be able to open with photoshop anymore, nor would it be read by skif and the default skin would be loaded instead.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

Any update on a Change Blood Color Tutorial?
NiteKrow
Mortal

Post by NiteKrow »

Hello everyone!

I need some help: When I dump the textures they show up in the folder in a compressed file and when I open it with photoshop, the colors are all messed up and can't see what I have to modify
Nobrega
Mortal

Post by Nobrega »

NiteKrow wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 am Hello everyone!

I need some help: When I dump the textures they show up in the folder in a compressed file and when I open it with photoshop, the colors are all messed up and can't see what I have to modify
The saved file is a .dds, you need to install intel's DDS Plugin as described in the tutorial:
"- Inside the folder, you should see a dds file with a prefix, usually uncompressed for color palettes, followed by its hash. If the hash of the file matches the one you've dumped, you got the right texture.
- Open up the texture in Photoshop or whatever image editing program you use, but make sure it supports dds files. For Photoshop, use Intel's DDS Plugin (other older dds plugins wont work)."
NiteKrow
Mortal

Post by NiteKrow »

Nobrega wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:34 pm
NiteKrow wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 am Hello everyone!

The saved file is a .dds, you need to install intel's DDS Plugin as described in the tutorial:
"- Inside the folder, you should see a dds file with a prefix, usually uncompressed for color palettes, followed by its hash. If the hash of the file matches the one you've dumped, you got the right texture.
- Open up the texture in Photoshop or whatever image editing program you use, but make sure it supports dds files. For Photoshop, use Intel's DDS Plugin (other older dds plugins wont work)."
Done! However, now the character is completely black, even after I did the whole thing with the hex files, guess I did something wrong, but I'll get to that later.

Still, thank you so much for your help! :)
Nobrega
Mortal

Post by Nobrega »

NiteKrow wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:20 am Done! However, now the character is completely black, even after I did the whole thing with the hex files, guess I did something wrong, but I'll get to that later.

Still, thank you so much for your help! :)
At least you already know you're changing the right file. Just redo this part of the tutorial and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

"to fix this, open the original texture which you've just dumped in HxD, press ctrl+g, go to offset 94 and copy everything before that. Next, go back to your newly exported texture, go to offset 80 and replace everything before that with the header you've just copied. That's it, your texture should now be fixed. "

Be careful not to copy the modified texture header to the original texture.

One thing I do is save the modified file immediately without the "Uncompressed_" prefix, this helps me identify which original file and which modified file needs to change the header
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice
PSN: whats a psn?
XBox Live: idk

Post by Asicantthinkofaname »

looks amazing although i wish it was easy to install like the mk9 and mkx mods
bertyDOOM
Mortal
PSN: I dont have
XBox Live: I dont have

Re: General Texture Replacement Tutorial

Post by bertyDOOM »

Is having black stuff all over the place normal and can it be fixed. It was like this the moment I installed specialk (global injection).
Mortal Kombat 11_2021.11.21-19.41.png
joven1
Immortal
PSN: joven4516

Post by joven1 »

Great job make a clear video tutorials how you did this. .
Skin modding is possible tho... :) keep it up bro.
There are lots of experts here in the community like the thiny uncle festor etc.
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

bertyDOOM wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:10 am Is having black stuff all over the place normal and can it be fixed. It was like this the moment I installed specialk (global injection).Mortal Kombat 11_2021.11.21-19.41.png
check your alpha channel and your MIPS

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
bertyDOOM
Mortal
PSN: I dont have
XBox Live: I dont have

Post by bertyDOOM »

thethiny wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:43 am
bertyDOOM wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:10 am Is having black stuff all over the place normal and can it be fixed. It was like this the moment I installed specialk (global injection).Mortal Kombat 11_2021.11.21-19.41.png
check your alpha channel and your MIPS
How do I do that?
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

bertyDOOM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:53 am How do I do that?
Make sure that the "mips" are also being updated when you're injecting. Not only 1 texture. There are 8-101 mips. If it's still dark then that's the reason the mips are wrong.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”