As a guy who's never played Mortal Kombat or any other fight

TimothyFinn

As a guy who's never played Mortal Kombat or any other fight

Post by TimothyFinn »

Hi all!
Recently I bought Mortal Kombat 11 on PS4 to play with a friend. However, I found the game to be incredibly challenging to play mainly because I've never played anything similar to it before. The closest thing to Mortal Kombat I've played with probably be For Honor.

My main concerns with the game are that some moves seem like you need an extra finger or inhuman reaction speed, currently, I'm playing Terminator, because he's one of the only characters I knew, however, I'm a big fan of Rambo so I might get John Rambo when he comes out. Anyways, on a controller how can I make it easier on myself to do the controls? Also, I feel like I'm playing the game wrong, I block way too much and never feel like I'm doing enough damage when on the offence. While my opponents always seem to keep my stun-locked and do crazy amounts of damage.

I really wanna get my money's worth with this game, plus I love the characters and their interactions. So maybe if you guys could give me as much help as possible, I would love that.
Last edited by TimothyFinn on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Player One
Warrior

Re: As a guy who's never played Mortal Kombat or any other f

Post by Player One »

Tekken 3 was my first fighting game, i played it in late 90s as a little kid. More than 20 years and I still cant say im a grand master in fighting games, I may play good but not perfect

so I can say, you are a bit late, mate
it will take some time for you to get used to fighting games, learning them and finally becoming an expert is a long process
all i can suggest is practice for hours, watch tutorials on youtube and do lots of versus matches against CPU on moderate difficulty etc

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11”