Your Favorite MK 2D and 3D game, and Why..?

TimothyFinn

Your Favorite MK 2D and 3D game, and Why..?

Post by TimothyFinn »

Let's talk about our personal tastes. Which is your favorite MK 2D and 3D game, and Why?

Well, my favorite MK 2D game, is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 because of the good work involved in the game, like, the characters are well balanced, the fast gameplay gives a "dangerous" aspect, and of course, we got a lot of new game modes, and secrets. Well, it is almost ALL amazing.

My favorite MK 3D game, is Mortal Kombat Deception especially, the Game-cube version. Deception fixes a lot of flaws of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, and gave us a lot of "cool new things", like, Konquest, the Bonus game modes, etc... Also, the gameplay is much better and more enjoyable than other 3D games avaliable (MK serie).

How about you? Tell me, Which is your favorite games of MK. I will love to know that.
Last edited by TimothyFinn on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Re: Your Favorite MK 2D and 3D game, and Why..?

Post by Noob Cyborg »

MK 2D: Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PC) because it contains all the characters from the MK series
(1,2,3, ultimate) including my favorite shokan monster character GORO who has a
Horror look and conquered me his 4 arms which from a Grab & Pound has a very big
damage.

MK 3D: Mortal Kombat Gold (Dreamcast) emulated for PC, because it was among the first 3d
games in the series with a more powerful 3D model graphics and as usual because it
contains favorite apple characters that are hidden: Goro, Noob Saibot and Sektor. I
was so fascinated and excited by Goro's 3d texture that he made me create a skin for
Kintaro on the same platform that aroused and aroused my obsession with all Shokans
monsters.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Barakuda
Warrior

Post by Barakuda »

2D - Mortal Kombat 2 from Arcade version becuase has Baraka (my favorites caracter)

3D - Mortal Kombat Deception from PS2 or PSP - same because include my favourite fighter Baraka
"My blades will find your heart."
ImageImage
Player One
Warrior

Post by Player One »

favourite 2D mk : MK Trilogy, it has all klassics together
favourite 3D mk : MK Deception and Armageddon, Deception for fatalities and its dark theme, Armageddon for its gameplay and KAF
favourite konquest style MK : Shaolin Monks, well its the best action/adventure style MK game
favourite Alt timeline MK : MKX, best gameplay
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Barakuda wrote:...
good tests :)
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Noob Cyborg wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:36 pm MK 2D: Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PC) because it contains all the characters from the MK series
(1,2,3, ultimate) including my favorite shokan monster character GORO who has a
Horror look and conquered me his 4 arms which from a Grab & Pound has a very big
damage.

MK 3D: Mortal Kombat Gold (Dreamcast) emulated for PC, because it was among the first 3d
games in the series with a more powerful 3D model graphics and as usual because it
contains favorite apple characters that are hidden: Goro, Noob Saibot and Sektor. I
was so fascinated and excited by Goro's 3d texture that he made me create a skin for
Kintaro on the same platform that aroused and aroused my obsession with all Shokans
monsters.
Actually MK Gold is a part of the Arcade era alongside the 2D games. Yes the graphics were 3D but the movement wasn't fully 3D like it was from MKDA onward, plus MK4, which was the original iteration of MKG, was released in the Arcades just like the classic 2D games. That's why it is not really to separate the games between 2D and 3D, but rather between Arcade era (MK1-MKG) and the 3D era (MKDA-MK Vs. DC)

And speaking of which, here are my answers:
Favorite Arcade era MK game for is MK2, that's the game that got me intro the MK series and the whole genre in general. I did see MK1 before MK2 once, but it was MK2 that got me into this franchise. I played on the DOS PC version, which was almost identical to the Arcade version and in a couple of aspects was better than the Arcade version, like with the Pit Stage Fatality. MK2 will always have a special place in my heart.

And my favorite 3D era MK game is MK Armageddon. I mean the roster alone highlights that game, having every single MK character up until that point plus making the never-before playable ones playable for the first time, on top of having a couple of newcomers. Plus, this game has my favorite version of Reptile in terms of appearance (as you can see in my avatar :mrgreen: ). Yes he had this look in MK Shaolin Monks before that, but that's the one time he had this look in a main entry fighting MK game rather than a Spin-off, so this look is shared between both of those games And finally, the content: Arcade Mode, Konquest, the Krypt, Motor Kombat and Kreate-a-Fighter mode, along with the unlockables and collectables. This game was a blast.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Yareadyeddy
Mortal

Post by Yareadyeddy »

For 2d I'd say trilogy
It has all the characters from 1 to u3 it's great and it's just so fun
And 3d I'd say Armageddon it's like 3d trilogy and it has EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MK CHARACTER UP TO THAT POINT it's crazy
Hsu Hao Is the best mk character it's true
Cant argue with the facts
otismilborn
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by otismilborn »

Hi, my all time favorite MK 2D game is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Return to “General Discussion”