MK11 TOT's - April Fools' Day Towers (And Another Meteor)

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

MK11 TOT's - April Fools' Day Towers (And Another Meteor)

Post by Roy Arkon »

Even in this very unique time that can lead to depression very easily, NetherRealm Studios still took full advantage of this year's April Fools, and oh boy they went above and beyond with this one.

The latest Mortal Kombat 11 Towers of Time platform, called the April Fools' Day Towers, features a series of 4 Boss-only Towers that are all under the common theme of April Fools, and they are full of Deception (as if Mortal Kombat: Deception), pranks and some blind luck. In fact, it all starts even before you start the fight, as when you pick your character, the announcer is gonna call the name of any other character but the one you chose, and your opponent is always gonna be disguised by a picture of a character that can't be selected.

First you fight against Jade (disguised by the Dinosaur that Kronika can use in the 2nd stage of the fight against her), then you fight against Johnny Cage (disguised by the Oni from the Kolosseum's Beast Pen stage), followed up by Erron Black (disguised by the Krypt Traveler from the Krypt), and finally, a series of 7 opponents in a Endurance match (all hide behind a picture of Shinnok, who can be seen in the first cutscene of the MK11 Story mode, as well as Jade's ending in the Klassic Tower Arcade mode).

Here is a video from my channel, showcasing me all 4 Towers after I've beat them with my Shang Tsung, Jade and Noob Saibot, along with time stamps. On a side note, remember the Meteor in the Towers of Time that we've reported about 4 months ago? I've seen it another one, as you can see in the video below.
00:00 - Shang Tsung Vs. Jade
02:46 - Another Meteor!
03:06 - Noob Saibot Vs. Johnny Cage
05:30 - Jade Vs. Erron Black
08:42 - Noob Saibot in the Endurance Match

Here are also some important tips for those Towers:
1) For all the first 3 Towers, you can't use any Konsumables. If you do, then their icon will be replaced by the one of Bo' Rai Cho's Fart Konsumable, and while the animation of the Konsumable will be shown after you have activated it, the actual effect will not happen, essentially indicating that you got pranked, April Fools style. Only the final Tower, which is the Endurance Tower, allows you to use Konsumables.

2) The 2nd Tower fight against Johnny Cage actually switches the control between you and the CPU, as you actually control Johnny while the CPU controls the character that you chose, as if going with an automatic AI-only option, but going one extra step further. Of course you can just not do anything as Johnny in the fight, but while the control over the characters are switched, the control of the Konsumables is still the same, so you are still stuck with the now defected version of Bo' Rai Cho's Fart Konsumable (as I've mentioned earlier) and the CPU still controls his Konsumables as usual, while aiming them against your selected character. Which means you need to hope that your character, now being controlled by CPU, will beat "your" Johnny before "your" Konsumables will beat "the CPU" character, and will give the win to "your" character. Also, don't pay attention to the Sindel Assist Konsumable that I've picked in my video, I thought that since it is an Assist-type Konsumable rather then a Sidekick-type, the game will let me pick it for my Noob Saibot so he could use it against Johnny, and that experimental battle, by pure coincidence, ended up being the winning battle.

3) The opponent's health bar in the Endurance Tower doesn't show any health being reduced while being hit, although they still take the damage, you just can't see it. This effect is actually still active after you do a Mercy on Sub-Zero (the final opponent in the Endurance), even though it will still show just 20% of his health.

NRS really did a very clever and unique challenge, and the reward for it is nothing short of excellent, as you will get a ton of Skins, Brutalities and Kombat Kard items for completing these Towers. So go and complete them now while you still can to receive the rewards.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”