4K/120fps cutscenes v.1.0

tsbman
Mortal

4K/120fps cutscenes v.1.0

Post by tsbman »

SEE FOURTH POST FOR DETAILS.
Last edited by tsbman on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.

ded
God

Re: 4K/120fps cutscenes and .bik compression help

Post by ded »

Well, bink 1 had some limitations, especially when it comes to higher resolutions. I am not sure how exactly it interacts within MK9 tho, but maybe you can try Bink 2 instead?
tsbman
Mortal

Re: 4K/120fps cutscenes and .bik compression help

Post by tsbman »

ded wrote:Well, bink 1 had some limitations, especially when it comes to higher resolutions. I am not sure how exactly it interacts within MK9 tho, but maybe you can try Bink 2 instead?
Bink 2 requires a hefty licensing fee unfortunately.
tsbman
Mortal

Re: 4K/120fps cutscenes v.1.0

Post by tsbman »

I have upscaled all of MK9's cutscenes into 4K via Topaz Labs' Video Enhance AI software. From this I've interpolated the files into 60fps via SVP. Presently, I'm at the final stage of re-encoding them to Bink.

The only major issue I'm having is the chapter text overlays appearing too soon. The character thumbnail that appears next to the chapter text is baked into the videos. The text overlay is done on-the-fly. For whatever reason (perhaps the doubled fps) the text appears about a minute sooner than it should. I don't know how to fix this, but it's such a minor issue I'm proceeding with the release. If anyone out there knows how to fix this, I'm all ears.

I've also noticed the fight music creeps in towards the end of a cutscene. I actually think this is a pretty cool effect since it hypes you for a fight. This may be alleviated by turning down the music slightly in the audio options.

I've also noticed a minor glitch in Sonya's cutscene when she's entering Goro's Lair to rescue Jax. SVP has created an anomalous wobbly effect in the background cell bars. Eventually I'll attempt to redo this cutscene and any other future glitched ones encountered.

The link to the files is https://mega.nz/#F!t9oTTJrL!uYFWZ3r32nWboVfZb9MhNA

The files are to replace the ones located at <path-to-game>\DiscContentPC\Movies

(Also delete NRIntroLogo.bik, WBIntroLogo.bik and HVSThunderLogoFIX.bik for faster startup.)

Please share this everywhere. All feedback is welcome.

SAMPLE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcoO2N ... e=youtu.be
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

First of all, thank you for your work. I will now be addressing your concerns.
tsbman wrote:The only major issue I'm having is the chapter text overlays appearing too soon. The character thumbnail that appears next to the chapter text is baked into the videos. The text overlay is done on-the-fly. For whatever reason (perhaps the doubled fps) the text appears about a minute sooner than it should. I don't know how to fix this, but it's such a minor issue I'm proceeding with the release. If anyone out there knows how to fix this, I'm all ears.
In each subtitle file, there's a start timer, which counts in frames. You have to manually double the start time for each of them. This can be done via code.
tsbman wrote: I've also noticed a minor glitch in Sonya's cutscene when she's entering Goro's Lair to rescue Jax. SVP has created an anomalous wobbly effect in the background cell bars. Eventually I'll attempt to redo this cutscene and any other future glitched ones encountered.
Use DainAPP. It is better than SVP but will take way too long. You'd probably have to do 60 FPS before you'd have to upscale. It will fix anything you have issues with. It can also go to 240FPS.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
tsbman
Mortal

Re: 4K/60fps cutscenes v1.0

Post by tsbman »

This is tremendously helpful. Regarding the subtitle files, perchance you know which files specifically to edit?

And I struggled with DAIN and only ever ended in failure, regardless of the resolution. I may give it another chance somewhere down the line. For now, I'm satisfied with the interpolation quality. But if you or anyone else wants to take a swing with DAIN, I have the 30fps 4K files if you'd like.
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: 4K/60fps cutscenes v1.0

Post by thethiny »

tsbman wrote:This is tremendously helpful. Regarding the subtitle files, perchance you know which files specifically to edit?

And I struggled with DAIN and only ever ended in failure, regardless of the resolution. I may give it another chance somewhere down the line. For now, I'm satisfied with the interpolation quality. But if you or anyone else wants to take a swing with DAIN, I have the 30fps 4K files if you'd like.
I'm unsure which file it is, but I believe it is in the Localizaiton/COALESCED.ENG folder (the text), and in Localization/Coalesced.ini/Cinematics.ini (the timers).

For DAIN, you can send me the clip in 30 FPS at normal resolution, and I will try to run it on my PC (11GB VRAM), and see if it works. Because 4K will NEVER work.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Vrbada
Mortal

Post by Vrbada »

Any progress on this? It appears that the link is down.
hanzox
Mortal
PSN: FIRE-HanzoX

Post by hanzox »

The link is down...
king91six
Apprentice

Post by king91six »

still down june of 23, what a bummer
b1es
Mortal

Post by b1es »

UP
Noobsaibot2003
Immortal

Post by Noobsaibot2003 »

tsbman wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:53 pm I have upscaled all of MK9's cutscenes into 4K via Topaz Labs' Video Enhance AI software. From this I've interpolated the files into 60fps via SVP. Presently, I'm at the final stage of re-encoding them to Bink.

The only major issue I'm having is the chapter text overlays appearing too soon. The character thumbnail that appears next to the chapter text is baked into the videos. The text overlay is done on-the-fly. For whatever reason (perhaps the doubled fps) the text appears about a minute sooner than it should. I don't know how to fix this, but it's such a minor issue I'm proceeding with the release. If anyone out there knows how to fix this, I'm all ears.

I've also noticed the fight music creeps in towards the end of a cutscene. I actually think this is a pretty cool effect since it hypes you for a fight. This may be alleviated by turning down the music slightly in the audio options.

I've also noticed a minor glitch in Sonya's cutscene when she's entering Goro's Lair to rescue Jax. SVP has created an anomalous wobbly effect in the background cell bars. Eventually I'll attempt to redo this cutscene and any other future glitched ones encountered.

The link to the files is https://mega.nz/#F!t9oTTJrL!uYFWZ3r32nWboVfZb9MhNA

The files are to replace the ones located at <path-to-game>\DiscContentPC\Movies

(Also delete NRIntroLogo.bik, WBIntroLogo.bik and HVSThunderLogoFIX.bik for faster startup.)

Please share this everywhere. All feedback is welcome.

SAMPLE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcoO2N ... e=youtu.be
The link is down.
L_K_Fisto17
Warrior

Post by L_K_Fisto17 »

https://www.nexusmods.com/mortalkombat9 ... escription i found an alternative on nexus, idk if is the same thing (warning,the mod weighs 13 FUCKING GIGAS, and besides, if you are not a premium in nexus the download is limited to one mega, you have been warned)
Checkout the new account called "NiteOwl85"
Rex0
Mortal

Post by Rex0 »

L_K_Fisto17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:30 pm https://www.nexusmods.com/mortalkombat9 ... escription i found an alternative on nexus, idk if is the same thing (warning,the mod weighs 13 FUCKING GIGAS, and besides, if you are not a premium in nexus the download is limited to one mega, you have been warned)
Can you please upload it elsewhere?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”