Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Ed Boon Interview On IGN Regarding Mortal Kombat 11
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:44 am 
Online
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
IGN had conducted an interview with Ed Boon regarding Mortal Kombat 11. In this interview, Boon explains the decisions behind some of the gameplay concept of MK11 such as the new Meter system and the exclusion of the Run mechanic, who are newcomers Geras and Kronika and what is the story behind them, and the difference between the Variations and Gear systems in MK11 and NetherRealm Studios' previous games, Mortal Kombat XL and Injustice 2.

Check out the interview in this video below:


Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Discord and VKontakte.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Last edited by Roy Arkon on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ed Boon Interview On IGM Regarding Mortal Kombat 11
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:18 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 339
From what I think this may be the last MK since Khronika is the ultimate manipulator.. and here is where you face her.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ed Boon Interview On IGM Regarding Mortal Kombat 11
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:30 am 
Online
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Lord Dragu wrote:
From what I think this may be the last MK since Khronika is the ultimate manipulator.. and here is where you face her.


They can always bring someone else, even if it's someone that is technically less powerful then Khronika. They can always bring back Onaga, Blaze etc; If the timeline will be completely revamped once again during the story, this can lead to a whole new set of possible scenarios. Besides, MK is just to big to ever end. It's never gonna end regardless.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ed Boon Interview On IGM Regarding Mortal Kombat 11
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 339
Roy Arkon wrote:
Lord Dragu wrote:
From what I think this may be the last MK since Khronika is the ultimate manipulator.. and here is where you face her.


They can always bring someone else, even if it's someone that is technically less powerful then Khronika. They can always bring back Onaga, Blaze etc; If the timeline will be completely revamped once again during the story, this can lead to a whole new set of possible scenarios. Besides, MK is just to big to ever end. It's never gonna end regardless.


Yes in fact I dont trust its story anymore. For me MKA was the last good story after this it goes in a loop of do and undo.

Truly story can never end. I was not saying it will definitely end but the story as we know it so FAR can be a good time to end here if Khronika is the one who is the ultimate manipulator according to Ed.

_________________
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ed Boon Interview On IGM Regarding Mortal Kombat 11
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:20 am 
Online
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
Lord Dragu wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
Lord Dragu wrote:
From what I think this may be the last MK since Khronika is the ultimate manipulator.. and here is where you face her.


They can always bring someone else, even if it's someone that is technically less powerful then Khronika. They can always bring back Onaga, Blaze etc; If the timeline will be completely revamped once again during the story, this can lead to a whole new set of possible scenarios. Besides, MK is just to big to ever end. It's never gonna end regardless.


Yes in fact I dont trust its story anymore. For me MKA was the last good story after this it goes in a loop of do and undo.

Truly story can never end. I was not saying it will definitely end but the story as we know it so FAR can be a good time to end here if Khronika is the one who is the ultimate manipulator according to Ed.


The story after MKA was awesome just like from the very beginning. And like I said, the story is never gonna end, MK is too big to ever end. Just saying.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ed Boon Interview On IGM Regarding Mortal Kombat 11
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:38 pm 
Offline
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 8006
Location: Bulgaria, Germany
Side: Light
XBox Live: Armored Gambid
Netherrealm Studios has a cycle of about 3 games. After which they like to change things up. We have MK1 - 3, MKDA - MKA, MK9 - MK11 may be. So who knows what the future holds.

_________________
I Rule This World!

Image

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

  Design by Mighty Gorgon