MKX SubZero (Replaces costume 1 Mesh-Swap)

AlterL
Grand Master

MKX SubZero (Replaces costume 1 Mesh-Swap)

Post by AlterL »

So this might be my very best mesh so far, dismembering him has been a lot of fun, plus even his fingers seem to look right this time, there's flesh within his body so he isn't hollow as some of my past meshes (looking at you human reptile and MKX Scorpion) and almost compleately deleted unnecesary meshes to bring the size down. Only detail is that it's a replacer one, It changes SubZero's primary costume but I guess you can rename him into a custom DLC Char if you want to keep both. Don't forget to make your backups of the original CHAR_SubZero.xxx FIRST

Please edit as much as you want and upload here, in this site, and look forward to my next MOD that you can also see in the picture.
Untitled-2.jpg
SubZeroMKX.rar
(4.33 MiB) Downloaded 3180 times

kenny undead
Master
Side: Light

Re: MKX SubZero (Replaces costume 1 Mesh-Swap)

Post by kenny undead »

Amazing work!
kenny undead
Master

Post by kenny undead »

Dude mod not working crash on loading,and size 4mb ?
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

kenny undead wrote:Dude mod not working crash on loading,and size 4mb ?

Let me take a look at the model and the INI when I have time. Maybe I'll figure something out or I'll just upload the char file again. I just rather not upload full chars because I have a truly slow internet. (Greetings from a poor country...)

One more thing: the 4mb size may be due to the many differences between the original char and my version. Take into a account:

The new skeletal mesh (the actual model that you see in my screenshot)
Different textures for the Diffs, Specs, Pmsks and Norms
Different details
Other minor differences. So a slightly bigger Diff file is not that surprising IMHO. I will still test the file and see what I can do.
Last edited by AlterL on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenny undead
Master

Post by kenny undead »

AlterL wrote:

Let me take a look at the model and the INI when I have time. Maybe I'll figure something out or I'll just upload the char file again. I just rather not upload full chars because I have a truly slow internet. (Greetings from a poor country...)
all right,but pay attention on this.Its not char...xxx file
Attachments
4.png
4.png (42.86 KiB) Viewed 13073 times
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

kenny undead wrote:
AlterL wrote:

all right,but pay attention on this.Its not char...xxx file
That's a diff file. You're supposed to use it with the DLC manager 2.6 and a original copy of the Char_SubZero.XXX file. By the way when I say original I mean without any tile of modifications I upload diff files so that people with Steam's version of the game can also enjoy my mods instead of only the non-steam guys.
kenny undead
Master

Post by kenny undead »

I take back everything I've ever said mod working,but only steam version
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

kenny undead wrote:I take back everything I've ever said mod working,but only steam version
Only steam version? WTF my version itself is non-steam. That's strange to say the least.
kenny undead
Master

Post by kenny undead »

Now working,im install mod and rename char_subzeroMKX.xxx.diff to char_subzero.xxx.diff,sorry that I misled you.
ghobot21
Mortal

Post by ghobot21 »

Thank you for the mod. Already tried your other mod and all working fine (although the hanzo skin have bug_me in game but still playable).
One quick request, can you make this skin as DLC instead of replacer?
because im a noob and try to change the name to subzero_x using genericrenamer but it say that the string too big and still I dont how to change the name
sorry for the trouble and its okay if you dont want to
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

uninstall the mod then go and open its installer and look at the last line. it should exactly say:

line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|char_scorpion_v|HANZO HASASHI|1

originally after "scorpion" you'll see a black symbol. delete it, save the changes and re-install the mod.

this subzero can't be turned into it's own alt costume because you would need to add two letters which is not possible. you would need to add "_x" (two letters) so you get subzero_x. the tool is simply telling you that it can't add letters only replace.
For the raptor race...
ghobot21
Mortal

Post by ghobot21 »

wow. it works.
before this I open it by using normal notepad and didnt see any black symbol.When I follow your suggestion and then open the original .ini by using notepad++, then I see the black symbol.
Thanks a lot! thumbs up!

Ooo I see.no wonder I cant use the genericrenamer to change the skin. thanks for the info
scorpion1421
Mortal

Post by scorpion1421 »

Can you make a DLC version of this?,i want to keep my default sub zero skin and this one but idk how to turn mesh swaps to DLC
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

you would need to make the swap over subzero_f
For the raptor race...
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

Can you make this skin as a DLC skin, without replacing main costume? Cause, when i install him with replacing his original costume, then game crashes with runtime error. So yeah, please make this costume as a DLC costume, without replacing anything, as you did with Scorpion.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”