MK4Strip Tutorial + Download Link

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK4Strip Tutorial + Download Link

Post by Gambid »

Let me remind you that there is a button called "EDIT" use it next time. Warning Level increased.

Now about your question. I think I wrote this clear enough, but it appears that noone botters to read it and to understand it.
Step 4: Now open and edit the textures you want with an image editing tool (PhotoShop, Gimp, Paint... ).
Note: Only 256*256 TrueColor BMPs are supported!
Step 5: Put the edited file in the VIEW directory and replace the original one.
Step 6: Use Command Prompt (StartMenu --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt) to start BMP2GFX.BAT. With it you can convert the edited BMP files back to their original GFX format. Use bmp2gfx filename.bmp to convert a file. The new file will automatically replace the old one in the RAW directory.
Step 7: Finally double click on COMPILE.BAT to build the new filesys.dat. The old one will be autamotically backed up.
I don't see anywhere here GFX-ALL.
And actually have no idea, why are you using it and then complains that you don't understand why it don't work.

OK, let try making things a bit clearer by explaining what is what in those folders (although I already did that once).

The VIEW and the RAW folder contain practically the exact same files only these in the RAW files are converted in some unknown format, that no known Windows application can work with. That is why sorcerer uses CONTINUE.BAT to convert them to Bitmaps and to 3D models in known formats. Those are placed in the VIEW folder.

What you edit are the files in the view folder. After you are finished editing them you put them back in the VIEW folder replacing the original ones.

So now you have different files in the RAW and in the VIEW folder. These in the View folder are newer. What you need to do now is converting the edited files from the VIEW folder in files from the RAW folder, because these are the ones that will go in filesys.dat in the end. Here you use Command Prompt and the program called BMP2GFX.BAT to convert them and not GFX-ALL. What GFX-ALL do is practically to convert all GFX files from the RAW folder in files from the VIEW folder. This is something that you do the first time when you start CONTINUE. It is actually exactly the opposite of the thing you want to accomplish.

So are we clear: Command Prompt and BMP2GFX.BAT.
You start Command Prompt the way I described in step 6 and then you must reach you View directory. Use the following commands for this:

cd.. - Go back one directory
cd Directory name - enter a directory
dir - show all files and folder in the current directory.

Now after you are in the View directory you use BMP2GFX.BAT to convert your files.

You type in Command Prompt the command I described in Step 6.

bmp2gfx filename.bmp

For filename you use the name of the file you want to convert.

And basically that's all. After that you must just start Compile and you're done.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Darkness-Lord
Apprentice

Post by Darkness-Lord »

ok i will try but the warning stuff u give it to me for what for desperate help for that now about what i doo i tried witht the comand promp and nothing i tried last night and the only thing that i got is an error or the game run the same with no difrence
and u told me if i modify the bimap but u misunderstand mu question the stupid mk 4 skins are GFX files i asked u how to make them work not explaining me the same stuff if i edit the image in the view folder darn t is so hard to understand what i am saing i have downloaded the mk3 rar from this website in it i found other folders and one of them is named old prj in it u find skins misc and stages now the real question ad i am saing again how do i add thoes in the game i know that u said something but from editing from the view folder but i am asking for help from editing from the raw folder where i add thoes gfx-files that are the skins for thoes characters ( hope for this post i will not get a nother f***** warning else i will kill my self i speak seriosly)
Let Mortal Kombat Begin
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

You should have started with the fact that the skins are in gfx format and not in bmp.

In this case after you have decompiled the filesys.dat.
Just open the RAW folder and paste all of the files that come with the skin (all gfx files) in it. And check to see if they have replaced something.

Then double click on compile.bat and you are done. now copy/paste your new filesys.dat in your game's directory and have fun.
I Rule This World!

Darkness-Lord
Apprentice

Post by Darkness-Lord »

:( it is not working i did as u told me but something is not working :(( maibe u will have some luck withit :) and find a way to put them in the game than u can tell me the secret :)
Let Mortal Kombat Begin
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I have no problems with importing skins in MK4/MK4Enhanced. It works exactly the way I told you.

But if it is so hard for you, just use the installation program of my Sindel skin. you can find it in our downloads section.
I Rule This World!

Darkness-Lord
Apprentice

Post by Darkness-Lord »

hmm explain to me tha part with the filesys.net on my pc it is seen as a videovile but not working but the other one (the one that is created from that one) it is a simple file but has nothing new and a nother thing thoes this thing must be don on the mk 4 updadet ? could that be the answer? wel i have tried and after i add the sinde skin and do exactly as it sais in the read me it is not working when i execut the MKREN is si showing me the messege
bad command or file name
extended error 183
Let Mortal Kombat Begin
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Dude, I don't understand the half of you post.
Are you saying that you don't have a filesys.dat file?
I see this error for the first time.
I Rule This World!

Darkness-Lord
Apprentice

Post by Darkness-Lord »

i have it but i dont understand the f***ing error :(( it is just that i se it as a video file nd still the game work properly :) but the stupid error i still dont have a god damn clue
Let Mortal Kombat Begin
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

There is nothng more I can do for you.
The problem does not come from the tutorial or from the program because they have worked for a lot of people.
I Rule This World!

Darkness-Lord
Apprentice

Post by Darkness-Lord »

in this case the operation system i am usin windows XP service pack 2
Let Mortal Kombat Begin
TheCreator
Apprentice

Re: MK4Strip Tutorial

Post by TheCreator »

uuuuuuuuuuugh this agervation is getting on my nerves when i get enough time i will make a video tutorial so there would be no agervation
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I have plans to do this as well.
But I don't have time for this right now.
I Rule This World!

TheCreator
Apprentice

Post by TheCreator »

Gambid wrote:I have plans to do this as well.
But I don't have time for this right now.
I'll say besides I'm trying to upload Mortal Kombat Gold.csi and nullDC for everyone but it goes slow idk why and I keep closing it out >:(
hivoltag3
Mortal

Post by hivoltag3 »

from where i can downlaod that *.bat files??...
nadjib25
Apprentice

Post by nadjib25 »

well,i readed the tutorial A to Z and i done every thing but the new filesys isn't from a DAT type,it's writed like this
File name:filesys
Type:file NEW
what is the problem or what i did wrong?
please HELP!!!
go here to watch some of my Fake Fatalities Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/nadjibmka

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced and Strip”