Does skin mods work in online play?

VerminatorX
Mortal

Does skin mods work in online play?

Post by VerminatorX »

I mean of course only I can see them, but do they crash game or something?

DickChapy
Warrior

Re: Does skin mods work in online play?

Post by DickChapy »

They work fine. I was playing online earlier with some skins and they had no problem.
kornfed
Mortal

Post by kornfed »

if you mean can you play online while having them loaded then yes.
if you mean can other people see the mod you are using, the answer is no unless they too have the mod on their system.
KingKRool2002
Warrior
Side: Darkness

Post by KingKRool2002 »

Wait, so I can do online matches with the bypasser patch active? I thought you couldn't play online at all with the bypasser installed. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I tried connecting online in MKX awhile ago with the MKX bypasser files installed and I couldn't get connected online. The only way I managed to successfully connect online was by manually deleting the bypasser files. Has anything changed in MKXL? Otherwise I don't know how you managed to play online.

Thanks.
DickChapy
Warrior

Post by DickChapy »

KingKRool2002 wrote:Wait, so I can do online matches with the bypasser patch active? I thought you couldn't play online at all with the bypasser installed. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I tried connecting online in MKX awhile ago with the MKX bypasser files installed and I couldn't get connected online. The only way I managed to successfully connect online was by manually deleting the bypasser files. Has anything changed in MKXL? Otherwise I don't know how you managed to play online.

Thanks.
You can't play with the bypasser, but if once the game launches you replace the files with the modded ones you can play online. So only skin mods work online.
KingKRool2002
Warrior
Side: Darkness

Post by KingKRool2002 »

Ok, cool. What about stage mods?
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

You can play online with mods, the game will load your files, and his game will load his files. Make sure that you DO NOT PLAY WITH MESH SWAPS! Only skin mods work, other mods will never work.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Amazo
Mortal

Post by Amazo »

Hi,

sorry to post in an old topic, but it was the only one I found using Google.

I am trying to play online with modded skins. When I insert them, I can play fine. But once I restart my PC/Steam, the game does not start anymore, gives me the "verify the game integrity check".

What do I have to do to avoid this?

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”