Character reindex (swaping ) tool

The Darkness 120
Mortal
Side: Light

Re: Character reindex (swaping ) tool

Post by The Darkness 120 »

zepterrian wrote:you mean the textures you see in the pic? that´s because they are smoke´s. I hadn´t change to the correct ones yet
no i download it and after i inject it to my file without any texture replacing :D i see(idk its correct or not :| sorry) the textures is loaded and i not do anything (is it correct? :))
i want to do this with my .skeletalmesh (when i inject it textures will be inject automatic :D) how????????? :D

zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

there´s no way that textures go along with you skeletalmesh injection. I mean when you make a mesh swap you need two things. To inject the skeletalmesh itself and then, to inject the textures. Textures never inject themselves automatically along with the mesh. Again what you see in my pic are smoke´s texture on jade´s skeletalmesh. If you pay attention to the pic you´ll notice it´s a total mess. That´s why you need to inject the correct textures after the swap.
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

zepterrian wrote:there´s no way that textures go along with you skeletalmesh injection. I mean when you make a mesh swap you need two things. To inject the skeletalmesh itself and then, to inject the textures. Textures never inject themselves automatically along with the mesh. Again what you see in my pic are smoke´s texture on jade´s skeletalmesh. If you pay attention to the pic you´ll notice it´s a total mess. That´s why you need to inject the correct textures after the swap.
oooh cool xD
no i found my answer
now can you fix it plz?...
and tell me what is my problem.
Hat & Damages
and my files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3jlyl ... r/Kano.zip
Hanzo-Hasashi
Warrior
Side: Darkness

Post by Hanzo-Hasashi »

The Darkness 120 wrote:
zepterrian wrote:there´s no way that textures go along with you skeletalmesh injection. I mean when you make a mesh swap you need two things. To inject the skeletalmesh itself and then, to inject the textures. Textures never inject themselves automatically along with the mesh. Again what you see in my pic are smoke´s texture on jade´s skeletalmesh. If you pay attention to the pic you´ll notice it´s a total mess. That´s why you need to inject the correct textures after the swap.
oooh cool xD
no i found my answer
Hat & Damages
and my files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3jlyl ... r/Kano.zip
Well made. I even updated the skin.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

oooh cool xD
no i found my answer
Just invert the alpha channel in photoshop as i told you before. Double click on it and check the option where almost everything changes to white (because there´s no option called "invert" or something like that).. invisibility is due to the alpha channel in the texture.
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

zepterrian wrote:
oooh cool xD
no i found my answer
Just invert the alpha channel in photoshop as i told you before. Double click on it and check the option where almost everything changes to white (because there´s no option called "invert" or something like that).. invisibility is due to the alpha channel in the texture.
damage fixed and now other problem :(
my edited files:
original fredy:
See The Texturese :(((((((((((((((((((((((
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

idk may you inject all the textures and that´s why. Try not injecting the "Detail_A" and "Detail_B" textures and see what happens
For the raptor race...
24Emily
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by 24Emily »

Hello, folks!
If your routine boring life makes you irritated and unsatisfied, here is the source worth visiting, follow and find out awesome techniques to become inspired again and begin being happy
http://edit-it.org/blog/10-amazing-secr ... nspiration
Lateralus
Mortal

Post by Lateralus »

I'm wanting to create a custom DLC mod that uses Sonya's mesh as a base and Stryker's moves. Is that doable with this tool?
Lateralus
Mortal

Post by Lateralus »

Quick question: Does this tool redirect the game to look elsewhere in the data for a model, or does it actually copy Female_Ninja's model and replace the Skarlet model in the CHAR_Skarlet.xxx file?
Lateralus
Mortal

Post by Lateralus »

Cool! I got it to work with your example of Jade/ Kitana. Is there a method that exists to utilize the physics assets as well? Is it a matter of injecting/replacing the donor file's physics asset with the same method used to inject the new mesh (find the filesize/offest, replace the filesize/offset with the end of the file, paste new physics at the end of the file?)
Lateralus
Mortal

Post by Lateralus »

It seems I was mislead-- It works a-ok about 50% of the time, and then other times it crashes while the training stage is loading. I can't tell if it's vs character problem or what. Is there a fix for the cloth/hair physics? I see some of the Frost mods using correct breast and hair physics.

For example: https://youtu.be/CS6g-UUQ3rU?t=71 (at timestamp)

EDIT: Seems to be just random if it wants to work or not, but it's roughly 50% of the time that it does work.

DOUBLE EDIT: Ok, fixed the crashing issue, it was an issue with my selected indexes. Still working out a fix for the cloth stuff, and it seems that this is the only solution. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use the exportlist to determine the offset of the MKClothDescriptor. Any ideas?
3_Jamjamjamjam_3
Mortal

Post by 3_Jamjamjamjam_3 »

zepterrian wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 am well i can´t tell exactly what´s wrong but i´ll tell you what to do just in case you did not understand the tutorial.

1- take CHAR_Jade.xxx and CHAR_Kitana.xxx files and extract the files inside them through extract.exe tool (drag each package over extract.exe). this step is for taking their name tables.
2- now you have to get their export lists. to do that you need to type "umodel.exe -list CHAR_???.xxx >ExportList.txt". using umodel in cmd mode. "???" is where you have to type the name of your character. Do this same process for the other package. Finally decompress kitana´s package.
3- Now take the jade´s export list and nametable and put them inside "in" folder. take her .skeletalmesh file and put it inside the "in" folder too. Now you´ll have 3 files inside the "in" folder.
4- take kitana´s export list and name table file and put them inside "out" folder.
5- run "mk9swap.exe" through cmd and type "mk9swap.exe Jade Kitana > reindex.log" where "Jade" is the name of jade´s skeletalmesh file as aman explained in his tut.
6- Now you´ll need to inject this new skeletalmesh file. to do this first:
a)- open kitana´s .xxx decompressed package with some hex editor (i use HxD) and go to the end of the file. Take note of the last offset. It is 1395D12.
b)- open kitana´s export list and search for "SkeletalMesh Kitana". On the left you´ll see three columns of numbers. the third column is what you´ll use. Take note of that one. It is 13F79B. this number is the size of kitana´s original skeletamesh file.
c)- open jade´s export list and search for "SkeletalMesh Jade". Take note of the skeletalmesh size as you did for Kitana.
d)- go to your hex editor where you opened kitana´s decompressed package. what you´ll do now is to search kitana´s original skeletalmesh size. The number is 13F79B but you can´t search it simply like that, first you have to write it in little endian format. So if the number is 13F79B you will need to write it as 9BF713 and then search it. Here is a pic.HxD.png
the values marked in blue are the size and what is marked in red is the offset of the skeletalmesh.
e)- replace the size values with jade´s. Jade´s values in little endian format are BE1B1500. you´ll have something like thisHxD2.png
f)- now replace the offset values (those which are marked in red in the previous pic) with the package´s last offset in little endian format. If the values were 1395D12 now converted to little endian they are 125D3901. You´ll have something like thisHxD3.png
g)- open the new skeletalmesh file in hex. copy and paste it at the end of kitana´s package.
7- replace kitana´s textures with jade´s.
Don´t forget to make a backup of your original file. This will replace Kitana´s main costume.
Remember that you will not have the cloth animations. that includes the hair. this is due to this mesh swap project is still in development.
What you get is Kitana with Jade´s "skin" so every move and special move, xray, and everything else is from Kitana.
Hello if this thread is still alive. I am trying to do a similar swap but swapping Jade_B's Skeletalmesh into Kabal's. I done all the steps up until the replacing textures step, but I keep getting the "File Not Found in .xxx package", Already made sure it is a fresh new package (no modifications), renamed all to Kabal instead of Jade_B, but it still doesn't work
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

3_Jamjamjamjam_3 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:58 am
zepterrian wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 am well i can´t tell exactly what´s wrong but i´ll tell you what to do just in case you did not understand the tutorial.

1- take CHAR_Jade.xxx and CHAR_Kitana.xxx files and extract the files inside them through extract.exe tool (drag each package over extract.exe). this step is for taking their name tables.
2- now you have to get their export lists. to do that you need to type "umodel.exe -list CHAR_???.xxx >ExportList.txt". using umodel in cmd mode. "???" is where you have to type the name of your character. Do this same process for the other package. Finally decompress kitana´s package.
3- Now take the jade´s export list and nametable and put them inside "in" folder. take her .skeletalmesh file and put it inside the "in" folder too. Now you´ll have 3 files inside the "in" folder.
4- take kitana´s export list and name table file and put them inside "out" folder.
5- run "mk9swap.exe" through cmd and type "mk9swap.exe Jade Kitana > reindex.log" where "Jade" is the name of jade´s skeletalmesh file as aman explained in his tut.
6- Now you´ll need to inject this new skeletalmesh file. to do this first:
a)- open kitana´s .xxx decompressed package with some hex editor (i use HxD) and go to the end of the file. Take note of the last offset. It is 1395D12.
b)- open kitana´s export list and search for "SkeletalMesh Kitana". On the left you´ll see three columns of numbers. the third column is what you´ll use. Take note of that one. It is 13F79B. this number is the size of kitana´s original skeletamesh file.
c)- open jade´s export list and search for "SkeletalMesh Jade". Take note of the skeletalmesh size as you did for Kitana.
d)- go to your hex editor where you opened kitana´s decompressed package. what you´ll do now is to search kitana´s original skeletalmesh size. The number is 13F79B but you can´t search it simply like that, first you have to write it in little endian format. So if the number is 13F79B you will need to write it as 9BF713 and then search it. Here is a pic.HxD.png
the values marked in blue are the size and what is marked in red is the offset of the skeletalmesh.
e)- replace the size values with jade´s. Jade´s values in little endian format are BE1B1500. you´ll have something like thisHxD2.png
f)- now replace the offset values (those which are marked in red in the previous pic) with the package´s last offset in little endian format. If the values were 1395D12 now converted to little endian they are 125D3901. You´ll have something like thisHxD3.png
g)- open the new skeletalmesh file in hex. copy and paste it at the end of kitana´s package.
7- replace kitana´s textures with jade´s.
Don´t forget to make a backup of your original file. This will replace Kitana´s main costume.
Remember that you will not have the cloth animations. that includes the hair. this is due to this mesh swap project is still in development.
What you get is Kitana with Jade´s "skin" so every move and special move, xray, and everything else is from Kitana.
Hello if this thread is still alive. I am trying to do a similar swap but swapping Jade_B's Skeletalmesh into Kabal's. I done all the steps up until the replacing textures step, but I keep getting the "File Not Found in .xxx package", Already made sure it is a fresh new package (no modifications), renamed all to Kabal instead of Jade_B, but it still doesn't work
make sure to inject the textures first before renaming everything.
For the raptor race...
3_Jamjamjamjam_3
Mortal

Post by 3_Jamjamjamjam_3 »

Hello, Thanks for the reply I thought I wouldn't get one!

So here is what i did before:
1) Got all the Jade_B dds and Texture2D files using umodel and from the extracted folder using the extract.exe respectively
2) Renamed all the dds & Texture2D files from 'Jade_B' to 'Kabal'
3) Place them into the DDSInjector folder and also placed in the modified CHAR_Kabal.xxx file (done all the hex editing and stuff)
4) Run the run.bat file and inject the renamed files, got the error saying file not found in .xxx package

Does it mean I missed a step before step 2? Do I inject the Jade_B textures into the archive file first? Do i use DDSInjector to inject textures too (means I will key in "Jade_B_Diff" into the "CHAR_Kabal.xxx") as well?

Sorry if I don't fully understand some of the steps this is my first time trying out modding :)

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”