Ed Boon Teases Good News For Mortal Kombat XL On SDCC

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Ed Boon Teases Good News For Mortal Kombat XL On SDCC

Post by Gambid »

After EVO Ed Boon tweeted that big news are coming for Mortal Kombat XL. Since then it has been kind of quiet. This changed when Ed Boon was asked about the exact same thing during an IGN interview on this years' San Diego Comic Con. Take a look, the Mortal Kombat X part start at 3:42:00:
This time Ed Boon chooses his words more carefully than on twitter. What he says is that if he get thing his way, there will be more news about Mortal Kombat XL. What this means is that he is probably trying to organize something, may be he is negotiating something with Warner Bros that isn't set in stone yet.

We all hope he is successful and we all get more content in the game.

What do you think is the big news?

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Re: Ed Boon Teases Good News For Mortal Kombat XL On SDCC

Post by a.martin »

Well of course new content it would be great!

but also saying that MKXL would come to PC, that would be much better for the ones that don't have, or can't afford a console, also that would probably mean that Injustice 2 might as well come to PC..

I'm not pretty informed on that subject of what happened to the ports and the studios involvement but, we can dream about it.. there's always hope for that :)
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Most likely it will be a balance patch. If it is a pack of new characters and skins, it will probably be a smaller pack of them in contrast to KP1 and KP2. There is a chance that KP3 will be as big as the first 2.

As for the PC thing, I don't think it's gonna happen. It is very clear that WB don't wanna support the PC port anymore because of low sales, and apparently a lot of other fighting game companies feel the same way. Street Fighter 5 gets some exclusive content for PS4 (even though that this content, which is a few of skins and stages, is overpriced anyway) and it seems that the KI: definitive edition is going to be only on XB1 and not PC.

I don't want to be a jerk or anger everyone, but let's face it. Fighting games are more popular on consoles, even with MKX and it's high sales, the console ports sold a lot more then the PC, and WB did spend a lot of money to fix the PC port by hiring Q-loc. The PC port is outdated, yes, but it is fixed and functions as it should.

As for the whole "can't afford a console" thing, last time I've checked, consoles are cheaper then PC. Even with the monthly fee for PSN or XBL, the system is still cheaper then PC. The games for PC are much cheaper then consoles games, but the system itself is cheaper, and it's gonna take at least a couple of games before the investment is gonna be more expensive in the long run. Not to mention that there are a lot of gamers who own both a console and a PC. That is why I don't get why people just won't buy a PS4 or XB1 just for MKX and another game that you can't find on PC, like Bloodeborne or Halo 5. I bought a PS4 last year just for MKX and the only other thing I bought for my PS4 was a new Dualshock controller a few weeks ago. If I would by MKX for the PC, the game itself would've be cheaper, but I would probably have to buy an expensive gaming laptop (as my laptop isn't for gaming, or at least not for modern games) or build a PC which wouldn't be cheap. If MKX was going to be the only game that I've eventually bought until injustice 2 would come, why should I had to buy it on PC? It's that simple.

Again, I don't wanna anger anyone, I'm just giving my 2 cents. At the end, I think the PC port isn't gonna get updated (not fixed, because it is already fixed) and will be either a balance patch along with more content or just a balance patch.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

I don't care what this liar will say. The only good news for the last two years was the MK Movie with Christopher Lambert and now this troll guy said NOPE thus ruining everything. No PC Player shall ever consider listening to Boon and company or any NRS supporter or whatever.
As for buying a console especially for a mere game is the stupidest thing ever suggested. Some people don't know what is to live in misery and being unable to save money for your debts let's not talk about expensive consoles. PC can be used for MANY things and gaming isn't the most important. Get a life!
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

If you would actually read my post you would see why your response doesn't make sense. As I said, while the PC games are cheaper, the console is way cheaper then a gaming PC, and not everyone has a PC or a laptop that is good for modern games from the get go which means you would have to buy a new PC just like buying a new console, only that the console will be much cheaper then the PC. And if you wanna play just one or two games, and buy only a couple of games a year, and not multilpe in the long run, consoles are for you. Also, not everyone sees PC as a gaming system. Yes PC can run games as long as it is build for it, but not everyone wants to play games on PC, and would rather use a console for games and the PC for other stuff.

As for Boon, if any PC gamer isn't going to listen to Boon just because of what WB (not NRS or Boon) decided to do with the PC port, I guess that every other fighting game company should get the same treatment. As I said, companies see that the console ports of their fighting games sales a lot more then their PC ports. MKX sold a lot more on console, so did Guilty Gear XRD, SF5 and KI, even though that once you buy KI on the console you get the PC port as well, so it might not be a good example, or maybe it's just that the KI: Definitive Edition is coming in physical form just for XB1 and only the digital version will be available for both XB1 and PC. So they either give them exclusive content, or even abandoning them all together. It's not just WB that is taking that road, but also Arc System and Capcom, and maybe Microsoft as well. Even if the content is overpriced, I think it safe to say that if you're a fighting game fan, and not just an MK fan, you should probably start to invest in a console for fighting games.

Oh and regarding the MK movie news, that "nope" can mean a lot of things, like Gambid said.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”