Is Kombat Pack 3 coming to MKXL?

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Is Kombat Pack 3 coming to MKXL?

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ed Boon opened two polls on his Twitter pages, one for male MK characters and one for female ones, asking the fans which character from either gender fans have missed the most. Noob Saibot (AKA Bi-Han, the original Sub-Zero and the brother of the current Sub-Zero, Kuai Liang) has won over Rain, Baraka and Kabal on the male poll, while the female one was won by Jade over Sindel, Skarlet and Sheeva, despite Kitana having Jade's moveset in her Mouthful Variation.

One can assume that MKXL is gonna get yet another update, with Kombat Pack 3 being the main add-on coming for it, and considering the poll results, if it is true, we might see the return of the two MK2 secret characters as playable ones in MKX. Take this with a grain of salt though, as Ed Boon is known for some trolling with the fans.
Male Kharakter poll
Female Kharakter poll
Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
20_boonpollresults02.jpg
20_boonpollresults01.jpg

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: Is Kombat Pack 3 coming to MKXL?

Post by thethiny »

There's a theory by Rafael Loranzo that is catching my attention.
"New Character" - "Story Character" - "Action Movie" - "Horror Movie"
Which has been proven to be true with KP1:
Tremor - Tanya - Predator - Jason
and KP2:
Triborg - Bo Rai Cho - Alien - That chainsaw thing

so If there was to be a KP3 it would probably follow that suit:
Khrome - Rain - Terminator - Some horror movie owned by WB.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

First of all the chainsaw guy's name is Leatherface. Second of all, Tremor isn't really a new character, he was in MK:SF, he just wasn't playable until MKX, and Tribrog, while indeed new, is actually a set of 4 returning characters in one, all of the 4 cyborgs. And finally, both Predator and Alien are also actually horror characters, as the movies a also horror movies in some regard.

As for the theory in general, it kinda sounds right, but I don't think we are gonna get Rain. Ed Boon doesn't like to repeat DLC, and Rain was already a DLC in MK9. I love Rain myself, but I think he isn't coming to MKX. Noob Saibot has a better chance though.
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Well, as a modder point of view, and someone who had access to the game files, I can guarantee that there is no KP3 and an SKP was never planned. Why? Because the DLC section had slots for 9 characters only Including Goro.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

But that is the PC version you're taking about, WB has stopped the support for the PC. Even if the KP2 characters were orginally planned to be added to the PC port and they were cancelled for that port at the last moment (it is indeed an interesting find, BTW), who knows what NRS did with the consoles versions and what's hiding in there, as the PC port was developed by HVS.

You could be right though, but then again, we can't be sure at the moment.

Return to “News Articles”