MKX Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer, The Pit Returns and More

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer, The Pit Returns and More

Post by Gambid »

Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment revealed a closer look at the brand-new characters and content coming to Mortal Kombat X in Kombat Pack 2, the game’s next wave of downloadable content. The Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer showcases the Kombatants being introduced to the game’s playable roster in 2016 including the Xenomorph from Alien, Leatherface, Triborg and Bo' Rai Cho:
Players who purchase Kombat Pack 2 will also receive the never-before-released Apocalypse Pack, as well as the following content for Mortal Kombat X:

- Goro - The feral, four-armed Shokan warrior will be available as a playable combatant.
- Apocalypse Pack - The Apocalypse Pack features three new character skins, reimagining characters Takeda, D’Vorah and Erron Black with an apocalyptic theme.
- Brazil Pack - The Brazil Pack features three new character skins: Futbol Cage, Capoeira Liu Kang and Gaucho Kung Lao.
- Kold War Pack - The Kold War Pack includes three new character skins: Motherland Sonya, Tundra Sub-Zero and Revolution Kano.
- Kold War Scorpion - Kold War-themed Scorpion character skin.
Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Content
There are several things worth mentioning about the trailer. The new characters look amazing and seem to offer really interesting gameplay. Netherrealm Studios have definitely payed attention to details and added some really cool things:

- Xenomorph looks a little bit like Baraka and also plays like him. Remember the first trailer, where he came out of him?
- Triborg is amazing. The only question is who is the third cyborg, Smoke does not exist in robot form in this timeline.
- Bo' Rai Cho is fighting on The Pit. WHAT?!?!?! Well, based on this trailer, we are getting classic arena(s).
- The Pit has a man on fire in the background.

Take a look at some screencaptures from the trailer:
Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Bo Rai Cho Intro Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Bo Rai Cho Special Move The Pit Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Leatherface Intro Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Leatherface Special Move Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Triborg Intro Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Triborg Special Move Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Xenomorph Intro Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Xenomorph Special Move
Did you notice something we didn't? Let us know in the comments.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: MKX Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer, The Pit Returns and

Post by Roy Arkon »

Awesome trailer. I love the characters and how they look, and it seems like they all gonna play great as well. I'm really looking for to Triborg (fan of Cyber Smoke and Cyrax for so many years) and Alien (and I've never seen any of the Alien movies, yet I'm still hype for him). Bo Rai Cho looks right, he's still sticking to his roots but I have a feel he's gonna be really fun, and even Leatherface looks amazing. Like I said, people should give NRS a chance.

The Pit stage looks awesome, yes it looks almost like it was in MK9, but DAMN it looks new still. Awesome.

I guess that the skins packs are for those who didn't buy them already, that's cool, since you will probably be able to buy characters and skins separately anyway. I do hope that NRS at least release skins for the KP1 characters and Goro.

Overall, kudos to NRS.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Sharef wrote:this is shit
we already have Goro, Brazil Pack, Kold War Pack and we have been playing with them for months
what's the point of putting same old skin packs to this new kombat pack.

characters are shit... fuck bo rai cho. fuck leatherface. fuck that alien-baraka bullshit
they should have given us rain, baraka, sindel instead

we expect shaolin monks skin pack and they give us a shitty "apocalypse pack" bullshit.

this Kombat Pack is a huge fail. they give us a huge zero. it's nothing

I am only happy about Triborg and Pit Stage in this pack
Like I said, the old skin packs are for who didn't buy them already, and we can get more skins, as the Brazil and Kold War packs came in addition to the skins we got in KP1.

And as for the Shaolin Pack, I don't know how many people expected that pack, but I wasn't one of them. I actually expected them to bring us a cybernetic-like pack, with Takeda getting a robot like skin, and a second Horror Pack with D'vorah getting some mutant-like skin, which is probably what we are gonna get in this new Apocalypse pack.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Sharef wrote:you are quietly optimistic about everything, dude
even if they give you shit, you still thank them

I guess if they give you shit instead of food in the restaurant, I bet you would still thank them lol
Because it's not really "s" word (trying to be professional here). Just because you don't like that doesn't mean others don't. I saw a lot of people who like those characters and/or don't have that much of a problem with the old skin packs being there. Being optimistic doesn't make you any less smart.

Again, I never heard of a Shaolin pack and I've never expected one, unlike you. The closet thing that I've expected for it was a Dragon pack, which would give the characters (namely Reptile, Liu Kang and Kano) dragon appearance-like skins, and even then it's not necessary the same thing (even though it would be awesome to have a Dragon Pack). But I did expected a Horror #2/Cyber skin pack which can have much more in common with the Apocalypse pack which are will get. Does that make me any smarter then you, even if I'm optimistic? Of course not.

And to be honest I don't think we need a Shaolin pack, I mean, what kind of a skins in that style we can give to Liu Kang or Kung Lao that won't be too similar to the skins they already got (except maybe the Dragon skin I had in mind for Liu Kang for a Dragon skin pack)? And if you are referring to skins in the manner of the game of MK Shaolin Monks, last time I've checked, both Shaolins already have classic skins and other skins that resemble their skins from that game.

Also, I've never said I agree 100% with the old skins packs being there, because I also had some cool ideas for new skins in my head (again, the Dragon pack). All I was saying is I can understand why NRS have put them there. That's all.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

to answer your question for the 3rd cyborg seen for Triborg MKSecrets, it's Smoke. if you look at the trailer, he not only has the puffs of smoke & the teleport, but he also seems to have an updated version of the harpoon from MK3. as far as I know, Smoke as a cyborg will probably be non-canon just like everything else in these Kombat Packs. in either case, I'm just glad that Cyber Smoke has finally returned in some way shape or form. most people tend to like Ninja Smoke, but I have personally prefered Cyber Smoke for quite a long time.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Sharef wrote:a person who likes that pack is an idiot

and a person who don't want a MK Shaolin Monks pack is 100 times more idiot.
I am not talking about shaolin costumes, I AM TALKING ABOUT THEIR COSTUMES IN MK SHAOLIN MONKS GAME. have you ever played it, kid?

again, FUCK NRS this shit. and fuck ed boon's thick ugly sweaty stink brows. for making this kp2 bullshit
So you would just like to get things from previous games without getting anything new, that's one thing, but not even trying new things let alone calling someone idiots for not thinking the same way as you? :/

And for the record, I didn't play MK:SM but I do know what the skins were for that game. If you would look at my Avatar you would see that I'm a huge fan of Reptile's MK:SM skin that he had in that game and returned in MK Armageddon, which I did play. And if MKX would have skins from MK:SM that would be cool too, playing as MK Shaolin Monks/Armageddon Reptiile would be awesome, but not at least giving a chance for what we are gonna get or disqualifying anyone who doesn't prefer what you do? Not cool dude.

I'm looking forward to the Apocalypse skins, as well as other skins that NRS might release outside KP2, and of course the characters.
EpicJason9000 wrote:to answer your question for the 3rd cyborg seen for Triborg MKSecrets, it's Smoke. if you look at the trailer, he not only has the puffs of smoke & the teleport, but he also seems to have an updated version of the harpoon from MK3. as far as I know, Smoke as a cyborg will probably be non-canon just like everything else in these Kombat Packs. in either case, I'm just glad that Cyber Smoke has finally returned in some way shape or form. most people tend to like Ninja Smoke, but I have personally prefered Cyber Smoke for quite a long time.
And to EpicJason, I totally agree with you. I like the Ninjas more then any MK character, but I've always preferred Cyber Smoke over Ninja Smoke, because he use to be blue-purple (at least in UMK3/MKT) rather then grey, and I'm glad we are gonna get Cyber Smoke in Tri-borg. I do like Ninja Smoke as well though.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

But I am a real fun, I've playing MK games since MK2 on the PC, and I've played almost every game of MK (including MK1, even after I've already played MK2 and MK3), but I still do like the characters, I still look forward to what NRS can do with them, and I'm still looking forward to the new skins. Just because I don't I'm not sticking only to the stuff from the old games that doesn't make me any less of a fan then you. And again, I'm not 100% like that the old skin packs are in that pack, since I already own them, all I'm saying is that I can understand why NRS put them there, and yet I'm still not ranting just because I don't get the every single character that I want, or every skin that I want, since I can potentially get skins that I do want from the Apocalypse pack, and I can get 2 characters that I want, Cyrax and Cyber Smoke, in the form of Tri-Borg. But even that new stuff or the old stuff that I'm not a huge fan of, I never hated them with a passion or anything, and even if I did, I do need to give NRS a chance to redeem that stuff. Yes Bo Rai Cho was a joke character (character-wise) in a bad way, but NRS can make Bo Rai Cho better, and that's just one example.

Being so negative isn't good either, and being optimistic and being blind are two different things. I respect your opinion, you don't like it? Fine, just buy only the characters you want. Like I said before, no matter which skins/fighters would make the cut, people would be a bunch of people upset no matter what.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Sharef wrote:say what you want, but this kp2 is a dissapointment

no rain, baraka, sindel...
no good klassic skin packs

only Triborg and Pit stage are worth to buy
Maybe for you, but I don't mind buying those chars abd skin, because I'm looking forward what they can do eith them. Anyway, buy only the stuff that you really want.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Sharef wrote:buy only the stuff you really want. hmmm let's see

Leatherface - no. he's boring and nonsense. although I don't support guest characters, I'd buy if they gave us Freddy or Michael because they would be good match against Jason. but this leatherface is so boring. not going to buy

Alien - I'd buy if he was original Alien so he would be a good match with Predator. but he's a fucking baraka mixed nonsense. I love Baraka and I'd want him instead of this nonsense. not going to buy

Bo Rai Cho - although I was a big fan of 3D era games, Bo Rai Cho was the character I like less. i always hated that disgusting shit bag. he is definitely a wrong choice. not gonna buy

Triborg - only character that worth buying in this pack. even I had an idea of mixed robots before months. cyrax, sektor and c.smoke as 1 variation in AIO cyborg. really good idea. gonna buy

Goro - I already have

Brazil Pack - I already have

Kold War Pack and scorpion - I already have

Apocalypse Pack - I don't know. I don't give a damn about Takeda, but if I like the skins for Erron and Dvorah, then I may buy it. but I'm sure they will give us shit skins. so not gonna buy

also they need to give us more skins for Kotal, FerraTorr and other special forces kids etc too

Pit Stage - awesome

so I guess I will buy Triborg and Pit Stage only
Ok then, although I Ddi belive that the Apocltpse skins are gonna be good. As for Freddy, Ed Boon said that he doesn't like repeating DLC, which is why we will probably never get Freddy in MKX.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

not just that, he was Ed Boon's friend. I can give Leatherface a pass since it is a way to pay homage to Gunnar Hansen who played as the character. if an actor, a horror icon, and a personal friend died, why wouldn't you pay homage to him? I don't understand why everyone is acting so negatively around this when I find this DLC perfectly understandable. compared to the Alien who is just there because (reasons), I'm fine with Leatherface being in the game. not that I support guest characters in fighting games based on the microtransactions, most of them having no real reason to be there in the first place, and has no overall impact in the entire series, I can at least let some of them slide depending on the reasons behind them. like Rash in KI S3, I don't mind Leatherface being in MKX because of the reason why they decided to include him. and let's be fair here, it's still a far better explanation than most DLC guest characters I've seen come out lately.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

EpicJason9000 wrote:not just that, he was Ed Boon's friend. I can give Leatherface a pass since it is a way to pay homage to Gunnar Hansen who played as the character. if an actor, a horror icon, and a personal friend died, why wouldn't you pay homage to him? I don't understand why everyone is acting so negatively around this when I find this DLC perfectly understandable. compared to the Alien who is just there because (reasons), I'm fine with Leatherface being in the game. not that I support guest characters in fighting games based on the microtransactions, most of them having no real reason to be there in the first place, and has no overall impact in the entire series, I can at least let some of them slide depending on the reasons behind them. like Rash in KI S3, I don't mind Leatherface being in MKX because of the reason why they decided to include him. and let's be fair here, it's still a far better explanation than most DLC guest characters I've seen come out lately.
Very good points, and that's even counting the fact that WB wants to cash in on the new Leatherface coming up next year. But on a more personal level, if Ed Boon wants to pay homage to his friend who he was a fan of (unlike Justin Baber who has zero reasons to be added) why wouldn't you put Leatherface in the game? Ed Boon pays homage to his friend, we get another character that can potentially be awesome, WB get their cash in promotion, a lot of fans gets another popular guest character that a lot of people requested (Alien), and of course a character that can be good for the majority of people (Tri-Borg) and another one for who want more MK characters for the sake of MK lore (Bo Rai Cho, and yes a lot of people wanted him as well as Alien and Tri-Borg, I saw many people on various sites that requested/expected those characters) and everyone wins.

Ed Boon is the only director MK needs, of course that if John Tobias wants to come back, then welcome back Mr. Saibot.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

"John Tobias was the best
he created Shaolin Monks and all 3D era games"

um, no he didn't. are you sure you're a Mortal Kombat fan? because if you are, you would of know by now that John Tobias left Midway during the development of Mortal Kombat Special Forces. John Tobias is an amazing guy, that I can agree with. and I do feel like without him, the franchise just isn't the same. but he wasn't apart of the 3D era nor was he involved with Shaolin Monks. which makes that statement incorrect. he was apart of Mortal Kombat from MK1 through MKGold, and upon working on MK Special Forces, he left the company and did his own thing at Studio Gigante. and since 2012, he works as a consultant in the video game industry and is employed at studio Zynga.

the only involvement he had after his departure was the tie-in comic book for MK Vs DCU, that's it. oh, and as for Ed Boon being a troll, he's always like that. you can't say that he quote un quote "shitted on MK" when he was there since the very beginning. if you want to blame anybody, blame WB games, not Ed.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Want to remind everyone that disrespect towards anyone (regardless whether other member, staff member, Ed Boon or the queen) won't be tolerated. Please keep that in mind.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

EpicJason9000 wrote:"John Tobias was the best
he created Shaolin Monks and all 3D era games"

um, no he didn't. are you sure you're a Mortal Kombat fan? because if you are, you would of know by now that John Tobias left Midway during the development of Mortal Kombat Special Forces. John Tobias is an amazing guy, that I can agree with. and I do feel like without him, the franchise just isn't the same. but he wasn't apart of the 3D era nor was he involved with Shaolin Monks. which makes that statement incorrect. he was apart of Mortal Kombat from MK1 through MKGold, and upon working on MK Special Forces, he left the company and did his own thing at Studio Gigante. and since 2012, he works as a consultant in the video game industry and is employed at studio Zynga.

the only involvement he had after his departure was the tie-in comic book for MK Vs DCU, that's it. oh, and as for Ed Boon being a troll, he's always like that. you can't say that he quote un quote "shitted on MK" when he was there since the very beginning. if you want to blame anybody, blame WB games, not Ed.

Very good points again. I do feel like that Ed Boon does an excellent job by himself, but yes John Tobias is an excellent person and if he would be with NRS things would be even better.

I'm sorry if I sound offensive, but I must say that I can't understand how many people still like to point fingers at Boon for every little "bad thing" that happens with MK while it wasn't true even back in Midway and it's defiantly not now with WB, with WB are the ones that more likely to be blamed, and even then not every "bad thing" that WB responsible for is 100% bad. So yes, Ed Boon wants to pay homage for Hansen and WB wants to cash in on it, so? Ed Boon still gets that chance to pay homage, and I saw Leatherface fans and even non-fans of him who are excited for him being in MKX. And back to Boon, how can you point fingers at him and blame him for ruining MK if he was the one that saved the franchise more then once? He saved it with MK:DA in 2002, and he saved it again with MK9 in 2011.

As a matter of fact, Tobias is the one who could be blamed for ruining MK since he was the reason, or at least the major one, why MK Special Forces was bad since he left the company while the game was still in works, and he did worked partly for MK Vs. DC, which means he could've partly risk the future of MK since MKDC wasn't very acceptable by the fans. But no one is gonna blame Tobias for that, because he's not with NRS and Boon now. Again, not trying to be offensive in any manner, just stating my stand on the topic.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

So you got one parody video, that's not a big deal.

I'm sorry if I break any rules here for posting this, but this is the a link for the Test Your Might news post for the KP2 gameplay trailer. Over 20 page full of feedback regarding KP2, did everyone like every single thing here? No, but the majority of them did like a lot more then just Tri-Borg and the Pit. A lot of them like Bo Rai Cho, and Alien, and yes, for some degree, even Leatherface. Just go to show that are other people's opinions rather then yours.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-ko ... ead.58068/

Return to “News Articles”