A "glitch" in MK1 in 2 player mde

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

A "glitch" in MK1 in 2 player mde

Post by Roy Arkon »

There is a "glitch" in MK1 in two player mode. When 2 players play, and player 2 gets the match with Reptile, instead of facing Reptile, he faces the same character player 1 chose, except that it is being controled by the AI. Not only that but the AI can get points as if it was a human player for inflicting damage, and if Player 2 wins the game will act as he actually beat Reptile.

However, I don't think it's an actual glitch, before the Reptile match starts the game says "I will fool you", while the game always says before a Reptile match "You have found me, now prove yourself", so no, I don't think it's a glitch, but just a tease from Ed Boon, John Tobias and Midway, that only now has been discovered.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
dr_st
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: A "glitch" in MK1 in 2 player mde

Post by dr_st »

The MK Turbo Ninja version you tried this on is a hacked version, as far as I know, and not an official release. It is quite conceivable that this was put there on purpose, or half on-purpose.

In the official releases, Reptile could only be reached in a 1-player game, so this would not be possible to begin with.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 1 (1992)”