The MKX Comic Books End With Explosions And a Cliffhanger

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

The MKX Comic Books End With Explosions And a Cliffhanger

Post by Gambid »

The final digital chapter of Shawn Kittlesen's Mortal Kombat X comic books has just been released. And it is an amazing conclusion of an incredible series:
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Issue 36 Cover
In the final chapter of Mortal Kombat X, Sub-Zero attempts to end the cyber threat once and for all…and a surprising ally joins his cause.

The chapter shows the conclusion of the Sub-Zero's fight against Sektor. With the help of Cyrax, the ice ninja manages to put an end of Lin Kuei's Cyber Initiative.
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Chapter 36 Preview 01 Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Chapter 36 Preview 02 Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Chapter 36 Preview 03
The final moments of the book show us the beginning of a new chapter in the history of the Lin Kuei as Frost and many others join Sub-Zero's ranks.

Surprisingly the series ends with a cliff hanger which involves Daegon, Goro, Kenshi and the mention of Onaga. From this conclusion one thing becomes clear, there are more stories to be told and we really hope to see a continuation very soon.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: The MKX Comic Books End With Explosions And a Cliffhange

Post by Roy Arkon »

I really loved the MKX comic, it was a really fun read. However, even though it was canon with the games, it had some inconsistenses, I've already talked about it in the past. Now ov course that at least most of the events are indeed canon, but some are not. I heard that Shawn, the writer, had so much freedon with the creative approach to the point he wanted to take the story the he wanted to tell it, and that's why the comic ended up like that.

As for the final issue, I also didn't understand the final part. Of course it can lead to something, but I'm not sure it will lead to a new season of the comic, maybe it will though, as the guys from NRS hinted it in the past.

The final issue itself was awesome, I hope that doesn't mean that Cyrax is dead as well. He could've intiate the self-destruction program and yet to escape and only Sub-Zero knows it. Hope that I'm right.

Overall the comic was really good.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

As John Vogel always says, no one really ever dies in Mortal Kombat.

If they need him at some point he will be back for sure.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:As John Vogel always says, no one really ever dies in Mortal Kombat.

If they need him at some point he will be back for sure.
I know, but when you look at MKX, you can clearly see that NRS wants to build a whole new generation of characters. That started with the new 8 characters from MKX (Tremor doesn't count) and I'm sure that MK11 will include like 3 or 4 new characters (although that is the maximal number I can think of). I don't think that NRS are willing to bring back characters from the dead that easily, as you need to leave space for the really popular characters or most important of old as well as the new ones and cool ones from the new generation. Cyrax is a very popular character, but he's not as important as other MK vets. Mileena got killed in MKX you know, that can tell as something about other characters, including Cyrax. And let's not forget that some characters got killed in the comic and they will never come back, like Hsu Hao and Mavado.

So like I said, I hope that Cyrax isn't really dead, that way at least it will make his comeback more acceptable in a way that NRS don't use the "no one really dies in MK" approach to bring back old characters too much. Of course that I will be happy to see characters come back, but considering what NRS wants to do with MK now, I believe that this is what's gonna happen with Cyrax if he is gonna come back.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yep, the phrase is only to interpret as "if we need the character, he will be back". I don't think they will ever need Hsu Hao for anything, they wanted him dead for a long time now.

Also, a come back might not be in the games, a come back mght happen on the pages of the comics. For example Ravenant Hsu Hao.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Right about that.

Return to “News Articles”