More MKX DLC Characters, Skins & Arena Koming in 2016

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

More MKX DLC Characters, Skins & Arena Koming in 2016

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios and Warner Bros. officially announced today that more DLC content will be coming for Mortal Kombat X in the first half of 2016:

Today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed that NetherRealm Studios is developing new downloadable content (DLC) for Mortal Kombat X, the best-selling game of 2015 to-date according to US NPD. The new content will include new playable characters, skins and a new environment, all of which will be available in the first half of 2016.

The official announcement does not include information about the identity of the additional characters or their final number. Ed Boon however tweetet an image with four silhouette yesterday. This does not mean that we will get four fighters for sure. The final number may be larger or smaller:
Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Announced
Release dates were also not mentioned.

So, who do you thing the characters are? Smoke? Fujin? Sindel? Noob Saibot? Sareena? Baraka? Someone else?

We will definitely be having more information coming our way soon, so stay tuned.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: More MKX DLC Characters, Skins & Arena Koming in 2016

Post by thethiny »

So these silhouettes are placeholders?

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

thethiny wrote:So these silhouettes are placeholders?
Maybe they are, with Ed Boon you can never know for sure.

I still think that those characters will be Rain, Sindel, Baraka and Bo Rai Cho. I'm not sure if those characters plus all of the other stuff like the hinted Pit stage will be the DLC that will come in 2016 or they will come before that and the 2016 DLC will be a bunch of more stuff, as I don't think that NRS will delay that DLC for so long and will already announce it now.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Exactly. I don't think that they know exactly how much the DLC are going to be. Even if they know now, imagine the second one coming out and sells really bad cause the players have moved on. The might cancel the rest in a situation like this.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Wish them luck into making good DLC .
If they return Noob Saibot I will think otherwise and will know a fan favorite char is back .
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Exactly. I don't think that they know exactly how much the DLC are going to be. Even if they know now, imagine the second one coming out and sells really bad cause the players have moved on. The might cancel the rest in a situation like this.
Yes they have to do it smart, not to throw all the DLC too late and with too much of it, even if you can buy anything seperatly.
Lord Dragu wrote:Wish them luck into making good DLC .
If they return Noob Saibot I will think otherwise and will know a fan favorite char is back .
I don't think Noob Saibot will come back, at least not as a canon character. Maybe he will come back but chances are not that high, even though that he's probably the most request character to come back so who knows.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ok people it seems that the 2016 announcement is the announcement Ed Boon teased yesterday. I guess we will have to wait for details. Come to think of it, maybe it will be good to delay the KP2. I mean, we just got all of the DLC of KP1, and maybe shoving all of the DLC of KP2 now will be too quick. Yes I aid myself that they shouldn't push it too late, but first half of 2016 is maybe not that late. Maybe we just shoul enjoy the game as it has a lot in it already.

And yes I know that Street Fighter 5 comes out at that time, but then again Killer Instinct Season 3 also comes out at that time, and KI Season 3 is pretty much like a Kombat Pack 2 for MKX, so maybe NRS tries to compete with both SF5 and KI with this Kombat Pack 2.

In any case we should just enjoy the game as it is still awesome regardless.

Return to “News Articles”