Kombat Kast On August 31st - Is Kombat Pack 2 Koming?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Kombat Kast On August 31st - Is Kombat Pack 2 Koming?

Post by Gambid »

It has been a while since we last saw the guys from Netherrealm Studios online in one of their Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kasts. But that will change tomorrow (August 31st, 2015). It has been announced that Kombat Kast will return, so that the developers can discuss patch notes from a soon to be released patch for Mortal Kombat X:
Mortal Kombat X Patch Notes Kombat Kast
But, is that all? Many fans are suspecting that Netherrealm Studios will reveal their plans for future DLCs and probably Kombat Pack 2 in this Kombat Kast. Creative Director Ed Boon has been tweeting mysterious messages on twitter, including images of the Alien. So who knows, we are crossing our fingers.

Another topic might also be the cancellation of the PlayStation 3, XBox 360 port of Mortal Kombat X.

What do you think will be announced tomorrow?

Click here to visit Netherrealm Studios' Twitch page.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Kombat Kast On August 31st - Is Kombat Pack 2 Koming?

Post by Roy Arkon »

I hope that the game will become more balanced, it is very well balanced already, but some characters need get some balance. I do hope that they fix bugs for Quan Chi and Tremor that were just discovered. I know that might be new bugs after that patch but I hope that they won't be as crucial as those two, you can't expect a huge game like MKX to not have bugs at all.

They gave as hints about balancing the characters, like a hint from Tyler Landsdown on Twitter that Reptile's combos will be stronger when he's invisible in Deceptive variation, really looking for to it.

I also hope that they talk about canceled 360/PS3 ports, the PC port (if there is any fixes you need and/or can do to it), and say something about the netcode, as the netcode is really underrated. In fact, a lot of people say that the netcode sucks, but it's actually very good. On PS4 I had a very good online experience, it's just that a lot of players have bad connection, unlike mine which is awesome. The more I think of it, the more I tend to believe that the maybe the netcode does have some issues, but it's more like people just take it as an excuse for their loses in online matches. Just a thought though.

As for DLC, it's very predictable that Rain, Sindel and Baraka will be future DLC with variations, and I think that those should come first. I'm not sure about any more characters but Spawn and Alien might be good choices. I also hope that we will get more costumes for the characters that have only 1 or 2 skins, like Cassie Cage, Jacqui, Goro or Tanya, and even Jason and Predator.

Can't wait for the Kombat Kast.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Can't wait for another Lies by Boon and company yes.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Max Payne

Post by Max Payne »

Ed Boon is a trolling buffoon. nothing he said is to be believed

I dont think they will announce a Kombat Pack 2, but just keep hyping the naive fans with some teasers

even if they announce KP2, I am sure they will include nonsense second tier characters like Bo Fart Cho or Female Subzero etc, which will dissapoint us

in my opinion KP2 should not bring 3D Era characters back
cause 3D era was good, but they killed it, resetting the timeline all over
so let the 3d era characters rest in peace
even kenshi DLC in MK9 was a mistake

KP2 should include 6 characters.
last game had 35 characters
now we have 29. so 29 + 6 = 35
and those 6 characters should be Baraka, Rain, Sindel, A Cyborg, Noob, Smoke
enough with guest character stuff already. they are turning it into 80s American Movie Villains Royal Battle

also KP2 should give us more features (demonstrated in the image below)
Attachments
YES.jpg
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Max Payne wrote:Ed Boon is a trolling buffoon. nothing he said is to be believed

I dont think they will announce a Kombat Pack 2, but just keep hyping the naive fans with some teasers

even if they announce KP2, I am sure they will include nonsense second tier characters like Bo Fart Cho or Female Subzero etc, which will dissapoint us

enough with guest character stuff already. they are turning it into 80s American Movie Villains Royal Battle

One to agree with me and praise the 3D ERA!
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Of course there is a chance he's gonna just troll with us, Ed Boon does that alone, but that's what makes the Kombat Kasts interesting. I'm sure that Rain, Sindel and Baraka are gonna be added eventually, maybe some skins and maybe even new stages, who knows?

But Boon isn't a liar. Being a troll and being a liar are 2 different this.

Oh and Frost is actually a very good character, and judging by his appearance in MKX, Bo Rai Cho seems much more serious right now.

I can't see stage transition unless new stages come up, they can't design the existing stages all over again just for that.

And
Lord Dragu wrote:Can't wait for another Lies by Boon and company yes.
Again what lies? That the PS3/360 ports were cancelled? That's not lying, that's a promise that HV studios couldn't have live up to and forced WB to cancel them. Ed Boon has nothing to with it.

And there is reason why they started 3D era was stopped, because for all the good it brought, it wasn't as good as the 2D era overall. However I do want them to bring back some characters from that like Kenshi (he's already there), Frost, Havik (he was awesome in the MKX comic) and even Taven, Daegon, Onaga and Blaze just because of how important they were in the orignal timeline.
Max Payne

Post by Max Payne »

Ed boon is a liar

he promised MK vs DCU for PC, he didnt
he promised to add Johnny Cage and Goro to MK vs DCU, he didnt
he promised to add PS vita dlcs to Komplete Edition PC, he didnt
he promised for MKSM remake, he didnt
he promised stage fatalities for MKX, he didnt (im talkin about fatalities, not brutalities or blancalities)
and last, he promised to make MKX for PS3 and XBOX360, and he didnt

enough or should I tell more of his lies?

all he is doing is trolling people on twitter. he is a joke. a Legendary Saga like Mortal Kombat should not be left to the hands of a mustache browed trolling monkey
Max Payne

Post by Max Payne »

Lord Dragu wrote:
Max Payne wrote:Ed Boon is a trolling buffoon. nothing he said is to be believed

yeah I sometimes still play MK Armageddon, Deception and Deadly Alliance on PS2

good old times...

and its really sad you never released P1 vs CPU Versus Mod for Armageddon PS2
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Max Payne wrote:Ed boon is a liar

he promised MK vs DCU for PC, he didnt
he promised to add Johnny Cage and Goro to MK vs DCU, he didnt
he promised to add PS vita dlcs to Komplete Edition PC, he didnt
he promised for MKSM remake, he didnt
he promised stage fatalities for MKX, he didnt (im talkin about fatalities, not brutalities or blancalities)
and last, he promised to make MKX for PS3 and XBOX360, and he didnt

enough or should I tell more of his lies?

all he is doing is trolling people on twitter. he is a joke. a Legendary Saga like Mortal Kombat should not be left to the hands of a mustache browed trolling monkey
Ok one question: Did he promise all of that like it's gonna happen for sure, or did he say it in a trolly, hinty-like fashion? Because if the latter is true than that's a fun trolling, not something to take seriously and you shouldn't get mad at Boon, his trolling is for fun.

Even if it those were legit, keep in mind that he wasn't the boss of Midway (MKDC was still a Midway game) and he's not the boss of WB. The publishers, then Midway and now WB, are the ones who calling the shots on what to include in the game and when. Ed Boonn is only the developing team head of NRS and he's a massenger of WB for what's gonna be included or not. Why do you think WB themselves came to announce the cancellation of the PS3/360 for MKX and took the responsibility to give a refund for anyone who pre-ordered those ports?

Also, that not-monkey is the creator of MK, without him there would be no MK, and all of the good stuff that would happen in MKX wouldn't be there without him. All that trolling is just fun, and most of the time he does work very hard to make the MK games we all know and love.
Max Payne

Post by Max Payne »

thats why I hate him. he is all about trolling. I am a serious person

and yeah I know he created Mortal Kombat. but he made poop on the masterpiece he made

Mortal Kombat would have been much better if it was handled by a serious director.
Mortal Kombat is a saga. today people make fun of it. look at Tekken. do people make fun of it? no. cause it is a serious game, handled by serious directors.

but look at MK... always trolling

unfortunately, Ed boon, aka Mr. mustache browed monkey, just keeps making poop on the masterpiece

Ed Boon is insane, mentally disordered. MK should be taken away from his trolly hands and given to a serious director
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

You're maybe a serious person, but you can't deny that Ed Boon does amazing job with MK games, when he does the work (not like HV studios with the PC port of MKX) he does an amazing job, and with all due respect this world isn't made just for you. There are TONS of people who like that trolling and they're speculating around that, that's one of the things that make MK interesting.

People don't make fun of MK because of the trolling, they just make fun of it because they're fanboys of other fighting games and they're jealous at the sucess of MK. Tekken doesn't have any trolling, but it lost it's interest a long time ago, it's not as big as it used to be, and it's not bigger then MK, at least not now.
Max Payne

Post by Max Payne »

Roy Arkon wrote:You're maybe a serious person, but you can't deny that Ed Boon does amazing job with MK games, when he does the work (not like HV studios with the PC port of MKX) he does an amazing job, and with all due respect this world isn't made just for you. There are TONS of people who like that trolling and they're speculating around that, that's one of the things that make MK interesting.

People don't make fun of MK because of the trolling, they just make fun of it because they're fanboys of other fighting games and they're jealous at the sucess of MK. Tekken doesn't have any trolling, but it lost it's interest a long time ago, it's not as big as it used to be, and it's not bigger then MK, at least not now.
still, I hate people who is trollling, so I hate Ed Boon

of course the world isnt just for me. I only shared my opinions

I respect your opinions but I dont agree with you
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Max Payne wrote:
Lord Dragu wrote:

yeah I sometimes still play MK Armageddon, Deception and Deadly Alliance on PS2

good old times...

and its really sad you never released P1 vs CPU Versus Mod for Armageddon PS2
Give me some time if I can find it.
Boon is joke.
John Tobias was the creator of MK honestly. Boon got rid of him and I don't see a lot of old staff on new mk games.

And yes PS2 MK games I enjoyed most.
Last edited by Lord Dragu on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Max Payne

Post by Max Payne »

yeah I seriously dislike Boon for destroying the Original Timeline...

but how I am going to be able to play with those mods? i mean there is no way to connect pc to ps2
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Max Payne wrote:yeah I seriously dislike Boon for destroying the Original Timeline...

but how I am going to be able to play with those mods? i mean there is no way to connect pc to ps2
We will talk latter not here as our conversation is going off-topic. :)

Return to “News Articles”