Furious 7 Director To Produce Next Mortal Kombat Movie

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Furious 7 Director To Produce Next Mortal Kombat Movie

Post by Gambid »

The New Mortal Kombat Movie has been in development hell ever since the release of its predecessor Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Every once in a while an "official" news appears online and manages to excite the fans and then to disappoint them as nothing happens down the road.

Things seemed pretty certain with Mortal Kombat: Legacy director Kevin Tancharoen set to make the movie. In 2013 it was however announced that he is leaving the project and there has been no further information ever since. A new Web Series was filmed several months ago, but even here, no further information is available
James Wan To Produce New Mortal Kombat Movie
This all changed when The Tracking Board announced that Furious 7 director James Wan is set to produce the expected New Mortal Kombat Movie Reboot Reboot with previously announced writers Oren Uziel (Mortal Kombat: Legacy) and Dave Callaham (The Expendables):

The in-demand director of The Conjuring and Insidious: Chapter 2 has been brought over to uppercut some new life into the previously stunted picture. With his dark sensibility, ability to orchestrate action and scares, and a wildly successful financial track record, Wan seems to be the perfect fit for what the studio has described as “a departure from the mythology,” with “darker, brutally real martial arts.”

The script, being penned by Mortal Kombat: Legacy writer Oren Uziel and The Expendables writer Dave Callaham, centers around a seemingly harmless guy who realizes his potential when he finds himself caught in the middle of a cross-dimensional battle between the warriors of Earth and the monsters of Outworld. Now, in order to stop the world from total destruction, he must win the martial arts tournament known as ‘Mortal Kombat’.

Could the New Mortal Kombat Movie finally be moving forward? Tell us what you think.

The entire news chronology of the New Mortal Kombat Movie can be found in here.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Re: Furious 7 Director To Produce Next Mortal Kombat Movie

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

It must come to life. Lots of movies that don't deserve a chance made it to the big screen. Look for example the Ghostbusters reboot that come out next year. Mortal Kombat is a big project and lot of people want a new and good movie with martial arts.

P.S) As for MK legacy new season I tweet to Casper Van Dien a few weeks ago if the project still alive and he fav my tweet. I tweet again and I say that means yes? (yes is his fav) and he fav again. Probably in the next months we will hear something about it. Fingers cross guys!
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Until I see a a movie released I don't anymore trust News about upcoming MK Movie.
As for Legacy I never liked it. Nothing cannon there.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

I hope that it is true, the first MK movie was great but I would love to see a reboot. So many franchises got reboots in the past for their movies like Batman, Spiderman, Hulk etc (BTW the latest Fantastic 4 movie was very mediocre), and yes MK legacy is kinda of a reboot but I wanna see a reboot to the movies.

As for Legacy, would live to see the series continues. That's right, let the Kombat to Kontinue.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”