Recent Down Times And Step In To The Future

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Recent Down Times And Step In To The Future

Post by Gambid »

If you tried to visit us yesterday, you might have noticed that the website was either slow or was not responding at all.

The reason was that a major social network website was hotlinking hundreds of resources (images) in an article that was being read by hundreds of people at the same time. As a result our server was constantly operating under conditions similar to those created by a standard DOS (Denial of Service) attack.

6 frustrating hours later, hotlink protection and several communication attempts with the network's staff members resolved the issue. This however pointed out an important performance and stability issue of the current server configuration.

We took several different actions to protect the server and to ensure its problem free operation in the future. And while nothing is certain, we were amazed by the increase in speed and overall performance we managed to achieve.

We made some major changes, including the utilization of the NGINX server, so, we are asking you to report any problems and bugs that you encounter.

Best Regards!
The Mortal Kombat Secrets staff

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Recent Down Times And Step In To The Future

Post by Roy Arkon »

Thanks for the update.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

definitely the site works pretty well! Thanks a lot for your time Gambid! and sorry for not replying before I've just uploaded a new skin and it went out perfectly! :D
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Great, I was kind of worried about that functionality as it requires additional setup. But great it all works so well. I have ideas on how to make it even faster, but all in good times.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”