Tanya, Klassic MK1 and Brazil Mortal Kombat X Skin Packs

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Tanya, Klassic MK1 and Brazil Mortal Kombat X Skin Packs

Post by Gambid »

A few days ago, we already reported about the latest (May 14th) patch for Mortal Kombat X. The patch brought a lot of changes and included a free Klassic Reptile skin. Read the news for more details.

What we didn't mention was, that the patch was preparing the game for next DLC's. These will be released in the near future. Let's have a look at them now:

The Brazil Skins Pack:

The pack includes Brazil themed skins for Johnny Cage, Liu Kang and Kung Lao. The entries for these skins have already been added to the character viewer to tease the fans, so lets take a closer looc.

The first skin is Soccer Johnny Cage and to be honest, I can't wait for it to be released. This is in fact my favorite of the three. I really like the dragon logo on the front of the T-shirt and the Netherrealm logo on the shoulder. Actually I am currently asking myself if someone is going to make T-Shirts like this.
Mortal Kombat X Brazil Skins Pack
The second one is Capoeira Liu Kang. Ever since I played with Tekken's Eddie Gordo I was hoping that Mortal Kombat will have a character like this. The closest we got in the past was Kai in MK4. Liu Kang fighting style is very different from Eddie Gordo's but the skin still reminds me of him.

Kung Lao's gaucho skin really made me scratch my head, as I had no idea what a gaucho is. For those of you who feel the same way, in Brazil, Argentina and several other countries from the region, gauchos are similar to cowboys.

Take a look at the video news:
Unfortunately its still unknown when all these skins are going to be available, but I think it's going to be soon. Which one of them is your favorite, let us know.

The Mortal Kombat 1 Klassicl Skins Pack:

This pack will include 3 klassic skins from the Mortal Kombat 1 era. The skins are for Liu Kang, Kano and Sonya.

The first skin that we are going to take a look at is for Kano. For me personally there aren't much similarities between this skin and Kano's look in Mortal Kombat 1, apart from the white color itself. It is true there isn't really much detail in MK1 to draw inspiration from, but there are sill some very detailed pictures of Rich Divizio in the costume. Take a look at Kano's Fatality from the original game to see what I mean.
Mortal Kombat X Mk1 Klassic Skins Pack
Lets now take a look at Liu Kang's skin. It's very difficult to say how close the skin represents the original, since we don't see much of the pants. From what I can tell, the hair is short corresponding to the hair style of actor Ho Sung Pack in MK1. Lets see how he looked back then.
And now we come to my favourite of the three skins, that of Sonya. The skin represents the look of Elizabeth Malecky really close. The only difference that I can currently see is the face, but I believe that the developers were not allowed to make her look like Elizabeth. Lets look at Sonya's Fatality from MK1.

Tanya

The patch made changes to Tanya's presence in the game. The first thing I noticed after installing the patch was that Tanya's select screen icon was much brighter then before. A normal select screen render was also added for.

Tanya was also added to the characters viewer and you can even see her bio.
Here is however where it gets really interesting. Tanya's Fatalities and Brutalities have been added to the Finishers Kollection.

Tanya's Fatalities are: Bloody Boots and Edenian Drill.
And her Brutalities are: Top Off, Romp Stomp, Backstabbed, Watch This and Pop pop.

I was a bit disappointed that she did not get her Klassic Mortal Kombat 4 Fatality.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Tanya, Klassic MK1 and Brazil Mortal Kombat X Skin Packs

Post by Roy Arkon »

The costumes for the most part look really good, I really love the MK1 skins, especially Sonya's, yet she might not look exactly like Elizabeth but it's a very close one. Liu Kang looks like a combination of MK1 and MK2 Liu Kang (like NRS did with the male Ninjas and the klassic skins in MK9), it's pretty good actually.

The South American skins look also good, Cage and Kang look kinda funny but in a good way, I don't like Kung Lao's skin though, the mustache that he has there ruins it for me. Yes it fits the theme but it looks stupid to me.

Tanya's new look is really good, she now looks much more like MKD Tanya. I like how her finishers seems to be.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

I know I've said this on the video but still! looks so awesome I'm pretty excited for this I can wait to play with the gaucho and the Klassic skins!
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Im kind a dissapointed with MK1 Liu Kang.. its not MK1 skin at all, also MK1 Kano had same eye plate as default skins which is weird, because everybody who played MK1 back in day know its something really different. MK1 Sonya Blade looks awesome and its only real MK1 skin :/
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yep, Sonya looks really amazing. Kano is a bit disappointing. Liu Kang, will have to wait and see.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

wyruzzah wrote:Im kind a dissapointed with MK1 Liu Kang.. its not MK1 skin at all, also MK1 Kano had same eye plate as default skins which is weird, because everybody who played MK1 back in day know its something really different. MK1 Sonya Blade looks awesome and its only real MK1 skin :/
Like I said it's more of a combination of MK1 and MK2 Liu Kang, in that direction they did a good job, but yes it's not fully MK1 Liu Kang. And Kano's eye yes it's also kinda dissapointing but they did a good job with his design overall.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Do you guys enjoy having the news in video form as well?
I Rule This World!

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Roy Arkon wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:Im kind a dissapointed with MK1 Liu Kang.. its not MK1 skin at all, also MK1 Kano had same eye plate as default skins which is weird, because everybody who played MK1 back in day know its something really different. MK1 Sonya Blade looks awesome and its only real MK1 skin :/
Like I said it's more of a combination of MK1 and MK2 Liu Kang, in that direction they did a good job, but yes it's not fully MK1 Liu Kang. And Kano's eye yes it's also kinda dissapointing but they did a good job with his design overall.
Yeah i got it, but i dont understand why they named Liu Kang skin as MK1... when they could easily name it as KLASSIC.. and people could understand that better.. Image this is real MK1 Liu Kang :P

BTW: Dont get me wrong.. im very happy they do this kind of skins, but maybe NRS could play MK1 before they name some skins as MK1 :)
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Gambid wrote:Do you guys enjoy having the news in video form as well?
Yep, definetly kool!
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Do you guys enjoy having the news in video form as well?
Yes I do, keep going man :)
Like I said it's more of a combination of MK1 and MK2 Liu Kang, in that direction they did a good job, but yes it's not fully MK1 Liu Kang. And Kano's eye yes it's also kinda dissapointing but they did a good job with his design overall.[/quote]

Yeah i got it, but i dont understand why they named Liu Kang skin as MK1... when they could easily name it as KLASSIC.. and people could understand that better.. Image this is real MK1 Liu Kang :P

BTW: Dont get me wrong.. im very happy they do this kind of skins, but maybe NRS could play MK1 before they name some skins as MK1 :)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they've played it, they released MK:AK you know, maybe they wanted to a different spin on it.

Return to “News Articles”