FPS is horrible huh!?

alfamega
Mortal
XBox Live: alfamega

FPS is horrible huh!?

Post by alfamega »

I cannot wait to start seeing your guys skins! I know there really needs to be a fix for FPS drop though. I am running an AMD FX 6300 6 Core liquid cooled at 5GHz and a R9 270x 4GB OC, and 24GB of DDR4 Ram so its not my PC and other people with better rigs have the same issue and i am talking about in game fighting not cutscenes and xrays. Anyways I hope to see your skins!

PS: Erron Black is my main and red is my fav color so hope to see one for him *wink wink*

LuckyDearly
Apprentice

Re: FPS is horrible huh!?

Post by LuckyDearly »

the game does need a fps mod to fix the lag issues and optimization of the game. I hope somebody does do that since it worked for Resident Evil HD
Franck Ribery
Mortal

Post by Franck Ribery »

I have some problem too,delay time when use finishing movie in both training & single play.My VGA card with 2gb RAM can't config better setting
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

Game runs pretty well for me, surprisingly so -- HD7970M (2GB), i7 3840QM(@2.8GHz) w/2-year-old vendor drivers! lol... ~_~

Try add these commands to the short-cut command line of the game: "-high -cpuCount=4 -vsync=0 -dx9" (can be "-dx10" also), as many are saying it helps and I think it makes mine run better, too.

The only issues I have are the game still runs in the background after exiting, so it needs to be shut manually through Task Manager, and that "memory leak" thingie where after an hour or so of play, the game can lock up / crash. But, overall, the game runs pretty well.
Franck Ribery
Mortal

Post by Franck Ribery »

Sablicious wrote:Try add these commands to the short-cut command line of the game: "-high -cpuCount=4 -vsync=0 -dx9" (can be "-dx10" also)
What different between dx 9 & dx10,what happen if I change to dx11???
alfamega
Mortal
XBox Live: alfamega

Post by alfamega »

[quote="Sablicious"]Game runs pretty well for me, surprisingly so -- HD7970M (2GB), i7 3840QM(@2.8GHz) w/2-year-old vendor drivers! lol... ~_~

Try add these commands to the short-cut command line of the game: "-high -cpuCount=4 -vsync=0 -dx9" (can be "-dx10" also)

I'm going to have to try this! Thanks! And yeah what would happen if changed to directx11??
Zeikar
Master
PSN: HyperpowerAlpha1
XBox Live: YZRHyperpower

Post by Zeikar »

alfamega wrote:
Sablicious wrote:Game runs pretty well for me, surprisingly so -- HD7970M (2GB), i7 3840QM(@2.8GHz) w/2-year-old vendor drivers! lol... ~_~

Try add these commands to the short-cut command line of the game: "-high -cpuCount=4 -vsync=0 -dx9" (can be "-dx10" also)

I'm going to have to try this! Thanks! And yeah what would happen if changed to directx11??
Isn't it already DirectX11?
BlueTheReptar
Mortal

Post by BlueTheReptar »

All you need to do is add -dx10. All that extra stuff is pointless.
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

DX11 is the default and 9/10 are the less hardware taxing alternatives.
MeteoraMan
Mortal

Post by MeteoraMan »

The game uses a type of texture that is not supported in DirectX9.
And argument -dx9 not affect anything.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

The game uses BC7 Texture format, so that's only compatible with dx11
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
MeteoraMan
Mortal

Post by MeteoraMan »

UncleFestor wrote:The game uses BC7 Texture format, so that's only compatible with dx11
dx10 support this format. Thief uses this textures and works on DX10.
Franck Ribery
Mortal

Post by Franck Ribery »

MeteoraMan wrote:
UncleFestor wrote:The game uses BC7 Texture format, so that's only compatible with dx11
dx10 support this format. Thief uses this textures and works on DX10.
What's dx version you config & dx version best to config this file?
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

I've found a way to play the game a little more decently.. but you're not gonna like it probably.. in the beggining I had the game with everything.. but then I saw how crappy got the fps.. so I started taking down a few stuff.. and the gameplay got better when I've put the textures on low.. and shadows on medium and deactivated the antisopic filter.. and looks pretty good for me.. the intros don't lag like before, and the transotion from a cutscene to a fight on story mode doesn't take forever like before.. I know all of you want to play on high settings but let's be honest.. they kinda ruined another pc port again :(
Zentsuken
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by Zentsuken »

Yep! I was really hoping HVS would stay far far away from doing this port, or at LEAST do a better job.

I have a GTX 770, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, and running it from my SSD and with the settings all bumped down to "Medium" + turning off the bloom and other fancy stuff, I STILL have fps drops on levels like the Sky & Lin Kuei Temples, it's so significant that it's literally unplayable, hurts my eyes with how choppy it looks.

I'm just really glad I have the PS4 version to tie me over right now, because this port is terrible atm. I'll definitely have to try the suggestions posted above (adding the DX10 argument) and see how well it runs.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Gameplay Mods”