MKX Unlocker - {By oubgrdevvbuyn & UncleFestor}

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: MKX Unlocker - {By oubgrdevvbuyn & UncleFestor}

Post by UncleFestor »

You're welcome. but this will be the last one for a while. i'm fairly certain they'll just keep patching out all the exploits we find, so for now even though I'll continue to work on modding. I won't release anything till after the 1ST official DLC drops.

Even though this is a great community, it's far too public. I saw yesterday a news article on a news site that specifically mentioned MKX mod Sonya on MKSecrets. That type of wide coverage on a brand new game leads to them quickly patching out what we find.

Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
Fanvarg
Mortal

Post by Fanvarg »

uh so i just replaced the old unlocker with this updated one and all my save data is gone. but the skins are unlocked :< am i boned?

Edit: i just learned todays patch is reported as erasing some peoples files. How splendid.Well GG my save file......
Last edited by Fanvarg on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

The unlocker shouldn't affect your save. I tested it on several systems & different versions & it didn't.

Go to Extras ---> Offline History & check to see your stats & progress there. If anything is listed there then your save is intact.
duc5
Mortal

Post by duc5 »

UncleFestor, could you explain what you did different to make it work with the latest update?

I used your tools to edit it but I got the "verify MKX cache" error when trying to boot the game. If I knew what else I needed to change I could just do it for every update myself. Thanks.

Maybe you can PM if you don't want it in public.
MrEsturk
Mortal

Post by MrEsturk »

duc5 wrote:UncleFestor, could you explain what you did different to make it work with the latest update?

I used your tools to edit it but I got the "verify MKX cache" error when trying to boot the game. If I knew what else I needed to change I could just do it for every update myself. Thanks.

Yeah, I would suggest getting the information privately, to make sure the devs don't "fix" it. UncleFestor's current unlock doesn't infringe on any paid DLC, so they really have no reason to come after it, but they still might decide to anyways.
hoangdao46
Mortal

Post by hoangdao46 »

Well actually Gold Scorp. Steel Sub Zero and Samurai are paid DLC
Zeikar
Master
PSN: HyperpowerAlpha1
XBox Live: YZRHyperpower

Post by Zeikar »

duc5 wrote:UncleFestor, could you explain what you did different to make it work with the latest update?

^^ This, I can't even repack files anyway, now why bother? I think you're trying to add in kold war scorp, which is what I wanted to have
duc5
Mortal

Post by duc5 »

It's OK, after analyzing your new file and the original, I've understood what needs to be done, and now my one works.
toomez
Mortal

Post by toomez »

So could anyone help me with restoring it? I can't get mine to work and its fucking up my other stuff so mby restoring and re-installing would be best..
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

The .bac file included with new unlocker is the original patched {updated} file. so all you need to do is delete the .bac from the file name.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

there is now a "fix" to allow modded files again as well as unlockers like this even on the legit game.
MiLToS_666
Apprentice

Post by MiLToS_666 »

And where is this "fix"? :)
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Yeah I have the fix & it works, but it can't be posted on this site
toomez
Mortal

Post by toomez »

My online wont work? I tried renaming and removing the .bac but in properties it still says that the file is named coalesced.ini.bac.. i can play the game but not online and thats the only thing i play lol where are the coalesced.ini and .bac supposed to be? In the config folder or just in MK10? I know these questions are retarded but could you do a screenshot tutorial for me?

TL;DR : Still dont know how to restore :(
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

The ini file is in the config folder where the ,bac file should also be.

The file is named Coalesced.ini.bac

REMOVE the .bac so that it's Coalesced.ini you can do that by right-clicking the file & select rename. Just remove the .bac from the end. Windows will display the following window :
popup.png
popup.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
Just click yes.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Gameplay Mods”