Number of Arenas in MKX

oni
Mortal
Side: Light

Number of Arenas in MKX

Post by oni »

Hey guys,

I figured out the number of arenas in MKX are 12-13 only while in MK'11 they were around 17 and with variations became like 25+.

12-13 is a bland affair I think, its just too low for a new game :( , I hope there are more.
What do you think?

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Number of Arenas in MKX

Post by Roy Arkon »

Considering that there are 29 characters (including the DLC) with 3 variations each, and so much additional content, 13 stages isn't too bad, not to mention that those stage look awesome. I really love the kove and sky temple stages, those are my top 2 favorites from MKX.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
oni
Mortal

Post by oni »

Roy Arkon wrote:Considering that there are 29 characters (including the DLC) with 3 variations each, and so much additional content, 13 stages isn't too bad, not to mention that those stage look awesome. I really love the kove and sky temple stages, those are my top 2 favorites from MKX.
Well that's exactly my point!
I totally love these beautiful new arenas, but with this huge character roster and such a rich story, only 12 stages will become monotonous, there is just so much potential of a lot more backgrounds...
I hope they make DLC backgrounds too!
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

oni wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:Considering that there are 29 characters (including the DLC) with 3 variations each, and so much additional content, 13 stages isn't too bad, not to mention that those stage look awesome. I really love the kove and sky temple stages, those are my top 2 favorites from MKX.
Well that's exactly my point!
I totally love these beautiful new arenas, but with this huge character roster and such a rich story, only 12 stages will become monotonous, there is just so much potential of a lot more backgrounds...
I hope they make DLC backgrounds too!
But if there is already a HUGE amount of content, going after the number of the stages is kinda nitpicking in my opinion. And I really don't think that it's gonna affect the story let alone the whole game, at all.

Also, remember UMVC3? That game has 50 characters (including the DLC) and there are only like 20 stages max, and nearly half of them are just remixed versions of other stages. Not to mention that even though it has a pretty big amount of content, I can gurantee you that MKX is gonna have much, much more content overall. And back to MKX, we need to take into account the interactables, which make the process of making a stage longer and harder the usual. So keep that in mind.
okest3r_13
Apprentice
PSN: okester13

Post by okest3r_13 »

Not to mention they've added stage interactions. Adding more stages would mean adding more interactions into those stages.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

okest3r_13 wrote:Not to mention they've added stage interactions. Adding more stages would mean adding more interactions into those stages.
That's what I've said roundically in the last line of my previous comment.
oni
Mortal

Post by oni »

Roy Arkon wrote:
okest3r_13 wrote:Not to mention they've added stage interactions. Adding more stages would mean adding more interactions into those stages.
Like no, I'm not nitpicking, far from it. Actually I love this game so much already that I wish it to surpass all others... "Stage Interaction"? you say... they're great but are they something that was so taxing they're missing out on number of stages? definitely no!

Remember MK: Deception??? 21 stages, 3D ones at that, multi-tiered on top of it, stage interactions, stage weapons, death traps... you name it, again 21 :O !!!

MK: Armageddon: again the same, and all that was in PS2 generation!

Last game had 20 unique arenas and variations bore around 30!

Why 12 now? when they're already 2D. The Golden Desert from MK: Deception is too much mentioned in the MKX comics, why on Earth would that not be included? Lets see and be hopeful!

Reptile's world Zaterra had such an influence in the MK4 storyline, its a big potential place, even Kotal Kahn's own Aztec realm shrieks for a representation... I just hope they pass the MK4 stage count at least!
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

oni wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
Like no, I'm not nitpicking, far from it. Actually I love this game so much already that I wish it to surpass all others... "Stage Interaction"? you say... they're great but are they something that was so taxing they're missing out on number of stages? definitely no!

Remember MK: Deception??? 21 stages, 3D ones at that, multi-tiered on top of it, stage interactions, stage weapons, death traps... you name it, again 21 :O !!!

MK: Armageddon: again the same, and all that was in PS2 generation!

Last game had 20 unique arenas and variations bore around 30!

Why 12 now? when they're already 2D. The Golden Desert from MK: Deception is too much mentioned in the MKX comics, why on Earth would that not be included? Lets see and be hopeful!

Reptile's world Zaterra had such an influence in the MK4 storyline, its a big potential place, even Kotal Kahn's own Aztec realm shrieks for a representation... I just hope they pass the MK4 stage count at least!
Calm down, man, there is no need to get so angry because of stages.

I would love to see Zaterra too, as a Reptile fan, and also the the Desert and Aztec realm, but I really love the stages that we have now, and it's still not over yet with the stages. Hell, maybe there will be some unlockable stages to unlock in the game.

But yes those stages are enough considering all of the content in the game. Back in MKA, which had 34 stages and only 19 of them with either death traps, interactions or stage transitions, there were 62 characters (63 for the Wii), but only 2 fighting styles for each character, some of them with only 1, and the gameplay of each character didn't change across both styles, and those characters could've had only 1 alternate costume. And also, MKA had only three modes/features: Konquest, Krypt and Motor Kombat.

In MKX, we have 25 characters at launch, plus 4 more (and maybe even 1 or 2 more boss characters that might or might not be unlockable), with 3 variations each character and a new look for each variation (with no exceptional characters), that makes it to like 75-87 characters at least, and each character is gonna have AT LEAST one alternate costume, with the look of that costume changes in each variation as well. And also: We have those modes/features: Faction war, Story mode, Challenge Tower, Test Your Luck, Modifier customization mode, and maybe Test your might and the Krypt as well. That's like 5-7 modes not counting the Arcade and Online modes.

And again, we might get only 13 stages, but unlike in MKD or MKA, every stage, with no exception, gets intractables.

So getting angry about the stages? I don't think so.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”