Kenshi And Shinnok Playable in MKX, Kombat Pack Info

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Kenshi And Shinnok Playable in MKX, Kombat Pack Info

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios has announced details about the content of the Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack, that is part of the special editions of the game. The information confirms Shinnok and Kenshi as playable characters by mentioning that the Kombat Pack will include skins for them. From the announcement:

In celebration of Friday 13th, today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed details for the Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack, the ultimate pass providing fans with Mortal Kombat X downloadable content (DLC), some of which will be available beginning at launch. The Kombat Pack will include access to four playable characters still in development, including horror icon from the Friday the 13th films, Jason Voorhees, as well as two Klassic Mortal Kombat Kombatants and another special guest character. In the Americas, the Kombat Pack is included in the Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition by Coarse, Limited Edition and Premium Edition, and will be available for purchase separately for $29.99.**
Mortal Kombat X Johnny Cage Sonya Blade Kenshi Story Mode Mortal Kombat X Johnny Cage And Sonya Vs Shinnok

Starting April 14, 2015, when Mortal Kombat X launches worldwide, fans who purchase the Kombat Pack will receive the Samurai Pack containing three new character skins: Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok and Jingu Kitana, as well as an accompanying skin pack with each playable character. Kombat Pack owners will gain early access to the following future DLC content before it is available for sale individually.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Kenshi And Shinnok Playable in MKX, Kombat Pack Info

Post by Roy Arkon »

That's cool, I wonder how Shinnok will turn out to be in the game.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Game isn't ready and they announce DLC.
What a shame.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Lord Dragu wrote:Game isn't ready and they announce DLC.
What a shame.
No, they just announcd it. They want people to know that is in the Kombat Pack, there is nothing wrong with that.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:
What a shame.
No, they just announcd it. They want people to know that is in the Kombat Pack, there is nothing wrong with that.
So these are DLC only Chars?
Again a company/studio announcing DLC before Game is launched is nothing but a money lusting robber. They just announce " We will give you half product for your money, for the other part SEE how much content there is as DLC you gonna pay again" ....

Shame Boon. Shame
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Lord Dragu wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
What a shame.
So these are DLC only Chars?
Again a company/studio announcing DLC before Game is launched is nothing but a money lusting robber. They just announce " We will give you half product for your money, for the other part SEE how much content there is as DLC you gonna pay again" ....

Shame Boon. Shame
That is not considerd a half product, the fact that those characters are DLC aren't making the product any less valuable. Not to mention that no one forces you to buy those characters. At least Ed Boon announces that those are gonna be DLC parts, unlike other companies who put the DLC on disk until someone hacks their game (*cough Capcom), those are the real money robbers.

Another thing is, that the guest characters (Jason and the second one, probably Spawn) are taking even more money from NRS due to license issues. And finally, again, no one forces you to buy them, and they know that not everyone are willing to get all of the content and the extras at once. So if you want to get them at once and you do have the money, go for it. If not, then wait for the DLC and get the money later. That content never was intent to be part of the vanilla version of the game. And again, look at Capcom and see the difference.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

That is not considerd a half product, the fact that those characters are DLC aren't making the product any less valuable. Not to mention that no one forces you to buy those characters. At least Ed Boon announces that those are gonna be DLC parts, unlike other companies who put the DLC on disk until someone hacks their game (*cough Capcom), those are the real money robbers.

Another thing is, that the guest characters (Jason and the second one, probably Spawn) are taking even more money from NRS due to license issues. And finally, again, no one forces you to buy them, and they know that not everyone are willing to get all of the content and the extras at once. So if you want to get them at once and you do have the money, go for it. If not, then wait for the DLC and get the money later. That content never was intent to be part of the vanilla version of the game. And again, look at Capcom and see the difference.
You forgot to mention Namco - I used to make DLC content usable for their latest games in RETAIL release without a DLC files (they were left on the disk forgotten ).

But announcing DLC before release is disgusting thing at least for me and other peoples who complain on other sites.
I am a developer myself but before I release something I don't even speak of Upcoming updates and stuff. Once I release it I can mention stuff if needed. Stop protecting NS they already proved their point when they announced that 4 chars are gonna be DLC only.

Aside from that Be sure DLC will be leaked . No one earns from this. But it will.
As for money I can afford buying even the premium edition. But for just 4 characters i do not want to pay half the price of the game itself.

Ever since DLC was introduced into games DEVS started making half-made games. Then they release dlc packs which combined may cost double the game price. It is good. And after that they just release one "ULTIMATE" version with all dlc included and screw you up just for the same price you paid buying the non "ULTIMATE" version earlier.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ok let me get this straight. You were working for Namco and made that crappy business move on their games (on which game BTW?) just like Capcom, and yet you come at complaning at NRS? I'm sorry but that's the real shame here.

At the very least NRS are honest enuogh to tell us about all of what you will have to pay to get the content before the game release, unlike Capcom (and probably Namco, according to you) who releasing a game, announcing DLC after release or were about to do so, only for the DLC content to be on the disc and then for the Capcom and Namco to still forcing people to pay AFTER the release of the game just to unlock the content and not really downloading it because it's no longer DLC if this is on the disc.

And last time I've checked, all of the extra money you need to pay for those Kollector's editons are not just for the Kombat pack but also for all of the other extras: You know, the comic book, the steel card, the Scorpion Statue (which is freaking awesome) and more. It's not 50% more just for the kombat pack, and if you wanna get the Kombat Pack only, NRS said on one of the Kombat Kast streams that you can get the Kombat Pack digitaly without all of the other extras if you really don't want them.

Oh and as for the Ultimate Editons, at least those editions don't include content that the Vanillas version players won't be able to get. Those versions were made for everyone who didn't want to buy the game at launch, so they give it to them with all of the DLC, and that way, they everyone who bought the original version won't have to pay for an entire new version of the game just to get that content and not stay behind. On the other hand, Capcom, even after consoles and PC's eere progressed to DLC, make new iterations of Street Fighter 4 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 every time they have a bunch of characters to release and not letting you getting those characters seperatly if you got the Vanilla version already (and they did it every since SF2).

So you wanna complain abot all of that money that NRS listing for you? How about look for other companies and their history, and then tell me that NRS are greedy. Hell, you did it with Namco yourself, so NRS are the criminals? At least with NRS you know what you pay for.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Peace guys! :)

BTW: Did anyone notice Fujin in Story Mode ? He is in comic book.. and now also in story mode, but yes it does not mean he is playable.
Attachments
Fujin in story mode.
Fujin in story mode.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:Ok let me get this straight. You were working for Namco and made that crappy business move on their games (on which game BTW?) just like Capcom, and yet you come at complaning at NRS? I'm sorry but that's the real shame here.

At the very least NRS are honest enuogh to tell us about all of what you will have to pay to get the content before the game release, unlike Capcom (and probably Namco, according to you) who releasing a game, announcing DLC after release or were about to do so, only for the DLC content to be on the disc and then for the Capcom and Namco to still forcing people to pay AFTER the release of the game just to unlock the content and not really downloading it because it's no longer DLC if this is on the disc.

And last time I've checked, all of the extra money you need to pay for those Kollector's editons are not just for the Kombat pack but also for all of the other extras: You know, the comic book, the steel card, the Scorpion Statue (which is freaking awesome) and more. It's not 50% more just for the kombat pack, and if you wanna get the Kombat Pack only, NRS said on one of the Kombat Kast streams that you can get the Kombat Pack digitaly without all of the other extras if you really don't want them.

Oh and as for the Ultimate Editons, at least those editions don't include content that the Vanillas version players won't be able to get. Those versions were made for everyone who didn't want to buy the game at launch, so they give it to them with all of the DLC, and that way, they everyone who bought the original version won't have to pay for an entire new version of the game just to get that content and not stay behind. On the other hand, Capcom, even after consoles and PC's eere progressed to DLC, make new iterations of Street Fighter 4 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 every time they have a bunch of characters to release and not letting you getting those characters seperatly if you got the Vanilla version already (and they did it every since SF2).

So you wanna complain abot all of that money that NRS listing for you? How about look for other companies and their history, and then tell me that NRS are greedy. Hell, you did it with Namco yourself, so NRS are the criminals? At least with NRS you know what you pay for.
I am not working for Capcom lol .
I am right to complain when a company announces DLC before title gets releases.
As for ultimate edition - IT SCREWS stupid people who pay for DLC only for others to pay the price of the original game but with all dlc you people paid for.
If you like paying double the game's price for DLC content no matter what company go then. I don't care.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

It's not just about how money you spent but also how much you can and willing to support the game and it's content. Paying for the DLC when there is a chance for an Ultimate edition (and aren't sure that NRS are gonna make it this time) it's not screw, because no one forcing you to buy that content. I'm willing to support the game as quick as possible so even if I pay the DLC, I don't care because I support the game and I understand their financial methods that the can do before releasing the ultimate game.

Now that we know that they can do it, all you have to do is to choose: Either buy the game and buying the DLC ASAP, buying the game and wait until you can save enough money for the DLC, or wait a little longer and see if they release another Ultimate Edition. But no matter what, you'll never be left behind as long as you choose the right decision for you and do it right. That's not like Capcom in which you have to get every new iteration just to get all of the balance tweaks and new characters. Even if you buying the Vanilla version of MKX without the DLC, at least you'll not be left behind as far as patching and balance go.

And again I'm not paying just for the DLC but all of the other extras like the statue and comic book. Those things aren't that cheap and if I would buy everything separately I would probably have to pay even more. And yes are working for Namco, but if what you said is your there is true (which ever game it was) that is wrong.
wyruzzah wrote:Peace guys! :)

BTW: Did anyone notice Fujin in Story Mode ? He is in comic book.. and now also in story mode, but yes it does not mean he is playable.

I believe Fujin will be playable, I don't see any reason why he won't be.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Lets all just calm down. There is really no need for drama here.

Let me clear a few things I think got lost in translation here. Lord Dragu isn't working for any gaming company. What he is saying is that he used to hack the content of the standard edition of games to activate content that the company is selling as DLC but is actually on the disk.

Announcing the DLC before the game is released is OK. You don't really think that the developer should wait until the game is release to start making plans about DLC, do you? DLC requires infrastructure and preparation. DLC content is in development during the development of the game but does not need to be finished with the game. This means, traces of it, might even be on the game's disk as the developers need to test it and probably forgot to remove it.

The whole DLC topic is a complicated one, but it's main goal is to prolong the life span of the game and thus the money it generates. Why do you guys think the mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us is still supported and Mortal Kombat 9 not any more. Because it still generates money for Warner Bros. Once everyone has bought Mortal Kombat 9 or the console version of Injustice, it's a dead product which is no longer profitable to support. No one eats air after all.

Thus said, Goro is currently the only DLC character that is going to be finished by the time the game comes out. Please note, by the time, the game comes out, not by the time it enters disc production. The game is most probably already finished, or should be shortly.
I Rule This World!

Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Gambid wrote:Lets all just calm down. There is really no need for drama here.

Let me clear a few things I think got lost in translation here. Lord Dragu isn't working for any gaming company. What he is saying is that he used to hack the content of the standard edition of games to activate content that the company is selling as DLC but is actually on the disk.

Announcing the DLC before the game is released is OK. You don't really think that the developer should wait until the game is release to start making plans about DLC, do you? DLC requires infrastructure and preparation. DLC content is in development during the development of the game but does not need to be finished with the game. This means, traces of it, might even be on the game's disk as the developers need to test it and probably forgot to remove it.

The whole DLC topic is a complicated one, but it's main goal is to prolong the life span of the game and thus the money it generates. Why do you guys think the mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us is still supported and Mortal Kombat 9 not any more. Because it still generates money for Warner Bros. Once everyone has bought Mortal Kombat 9 or the console version of Injustice, it's a dead product which is no longer profitable to support. No one eats air after all.

Thus said, Goro is currently the only DLC character that is going to be finished by the time the game comes out. Please note, by the time, the game comes out, not by the time it enters disc production. The game is most probably already finished, or should be shortly.
Yes true. :)
Glad you removed all that nonsense spam.
Although many people complain when companies announce pre-release DLC.
As for the game it seems to be a good one. Time will show us. :)
Yes MK9 is no more supported although it's a great title. (Although I love the 3d era more) :) And true I like making mods . My latest one is for Dragon Ball Xenoverse which makes all NPCs and some Even DLC playable. (although this time Namco haven't included the whole DLC content on the discs and it indeeds need a dlc to work)

Cheers.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Lets all just calm down. There is really no need for drama here.

Thanks for clearing things up, I admit I've probably gone a bit too far. It's just pains me to see that people complain about NRS' business desicions while there are companies that clearly do actual bad ones. I'm not saying that NRS are perfect by any means, but people are complain about them for decisions whoch make sense without taking other companies into an account.

So Dragu, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope we can move on. :)
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

People should also consider the following thing.

Netherrealm Studios is the developer of Mortal Kombat. All business decisions are taken by Warner Bros and by other people, not the developers. It's not their job, their job is to make the product, not sell it.

So, all this negativity towards Ed Boon or Netherrealm Studios in general is meaningless. They might be providing input on some level, but it is not their job.
I Rule This World!

Return to “News Articles”