MKX Faction Wars Trailer: Game Modes, Characters, Brutality?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MKX Faction Wars Trailer: Game Modes, Characters, Brutality?

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios has just released a new Mortal Kombat X trailer, which focuses on the new faction war features of the game and reveals a lot of new information, including game modes. Take a look:
Now, lets take a closer look at the trailer:

Faction Wars
At the beginning of Mortal Kombat X each player will choose one of the following five factions: White Lotus, Special Forces, Brotherhood of Shadow, Black Dragon and Lin Kuei. From that point on by playing different game modes he will contribute points to that fraction. Each week the faction with most points wins and a new war begins:
Mortal Kombat X White Lotus Faction Description Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Faction Wars Screenshot 01 Mortal Kombat X Faction Wars Screenshot 03
As you can see Sonya Blade is featured as faction leader. Does that mean she is playable in the game?

Here are also the backgrounds shown for the different factions:
Mortal Kombat X White Lotus Faction Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Special Forces Faction Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Brotherhood Of Shadow Faction ScreenshotMortal Kombat X Black Dragon Faction Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Lin Kuei Faction Screenshot
Big events and special features will be part of the Faction Wars, like Invasions from different realms and Faction Kills:
Mortal Kombat X Faction Kill Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Faction Wars Netherrealm Invasion Screenshot
Brutalities Confirmed?

In faction mode you can also see the word Brutality mentioned which most fans assume is a confirmation that Brutalities (Finishing move that first appeared in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for Sega Genesis and SNES and Mortal Kombat Trilogy) will indeed return in Mortal Kombat X:
Mortal Kombat X Brutalities Confirmed
Game Modes

Klassic Towers, Living Towers, Test Your Might, Test Your Luck, King of the Hill, Team Battle, Online 1 V 1 are all seen during the trailer and assumed to be game modes:
Mortal Kombat X Klassic Towers Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Living Towers Close Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Living Towers Screenshot
Many fans say they see characters such as Liu Kang, Mileena, etc... Who do you see?

Story Mode
The trailer shows the Story Mode of the game for the first time:
Mortal Kombat X Story Mode Screenshot
Just a few cool screenshots:
Mortal Kombat X Cassie Cage Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Cassie Cage Vs Kano Screenshot 01 Mortal Kombat X Dvorah Vs Kitana Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Quan Chi X Ray Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Scorpion Fatality Screenshot Mortal Kombat X Sub Zero Blade Forming Screenshot

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
roboronald10
Master
Side: Light
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Re: MKX Faction Wars Trailer: Game Modes, Characters, Brutal

Post by roboronald10 »

What's new that I saw
Second fatality of Cassie Cage where she uses a drone to burn away at the person's head
Second fatality of Quan Chi where he uses portals to split the person in half a la Noob Saibot
A part of Cassie Cage's X-Ray where she uses two guns to shoot into the person's eyes
A seems to be a part of D'Vorrah's second fatality where she uses a huge swarm of bugs to carry up a person by the stomach

In other news, I am in love with how Kitana's new costume looks
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

If all of that goes well then MKX will just set the bar at least a few levels higher for future fighting games from all companies. It looks like that there is so much to do and it just keeps going. Can't wait for the game!
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

wow it's so cool that they bring back a little of the classic with the towers, even the name of the difficulties, and those mini stone figures on the towers are so amazing,

and in that same pic I think you can see the other suit for Reptile I guess, and also the mini fig of Goro on the first tower, amazing!
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Does anyone know the differences between Xbox 360 and PS3 with Xbox One and PS4? Nobody said something about the differences of the versions.
Smiletrx
Mortal

Post by Smiletrx »

If you look at the second screenshot of the towers you can clearly see at the top of far right tower a man who's clearly Liu Kang. :o

valas991
Apprentice

Post by valas991 »

I do not think it is Sonya Blade, as the faction leader, but her daughter, Jessie. It's my opinion though.
It looks cool and interesting. Wish I had a better pc :P
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

I've found this vid in which the guy in it shows that Jax could be in the game and there is also this bow-holding guy, and we saw someone who's holding a bow in a footage from the game before (go to the 2:49 minute mark for both characters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naZ9k2FFwvo
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”