Mortal Kombat X Premium Editions, Gold Scorpion & Making of

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat X Premium Editions, Gold Scorpion & Making of

Post by Gambid »

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed details of the premium product lineup for Mortal Kombat X, which includes Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition by Coarse, Kollector’s Edition, Premium Edition and Limited Edition. Here is a description of each edition of the game:

Mortal Kombat X: Kollector’s Edition by Coarse:
Mortal Kombat X Kollectors Edition

• Exclusive Scorpion figurine and Certificate of Authenticity, designed by Coarse. Coarse has been recognized in Collector and Designer figure communities for their artistic approach, dedication to detail, and unique storytelling through sculpture.
  • In-game Gold Scorpion Skin, inspired by the Coarse figurine
  • The Kombat Pack, which includes access to four add-on playable characters from Klassic Kombatants to Iconic guest characters
  • Available for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft
  • MSRP: $149.99
Pre-Order Now!

For this edition, Netherrealm Studios also provided us with a making of video. Take a look:
We made a few screenshots so that you can take a closer look at the Gold Scorpion skin in the game:
Mortal Kombat X Gold Scorpion Screenshot 01 Mortal Kombat X Gold Scorpion Screenshot 02 Mortal Kombat X Gold Scorpion Screenshot 03
And now, lets take a look at the other editions of Mortal Kombat X

Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition (Europe)
Available in Europe and as import in the US, exclusively on Amazon.com. This version will include:
Mortal Kombat X European Kollectors Edition
  • Scorpion Statue
  • Exclusive Steel Pack and Steel Card
  • Mortal Kombat X: Blood Ties Comic Book Volume 1
  • In-game Gold Scorpion Skin
  • The Kombat Pack
  • Available for PS4 and Xbox One
  • MSRP: $179.99
Pre-Order now.

Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition
Will be available via download only and includes the following:
  • The Kombat Pack
  • Available for PS4, Xbox One*, the Xbox 360* games and entertainment system for Microsoft; PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems and Windows PC
  • MSRP: $89.99
Mortal Kombat X Gold Scorpion Skin And Kombat Pack
Mortal Kombat X Limited Edition
Available for pre-order exclusively at GameStop and will feature the following:
  • Exclusive Scorpion Skin - this skin design, inspired by the Cold War, is a collaboration between NetherRealm Studios and a fan artist from the MKKollective.com, a crowd-sourced destination where Mortal Kombat enthusiasts can upload, submit and share their MK-related art, images, cosplay, music and videos.
  • The Kombat Pack
  • Available for PS4 and Xbox One
  • MSRP: $94.99
In addition, all who pre-order the game will receive legendary fighter Goro as a playable character. Mortal Kombat X will release worldwide on April 14, 2015.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Last edited by Gambid on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update 01

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat X Premium Editions, Gold Scorpion & Making

Post by Roy Arkon »

Will those 4 characters available via DLC? Also, does the european collector's edition can be purchased by Amazon.co.uk and not just Amazon.com? I'm asking because I've already pre-ordered the game from Amazon UK and aside from cancelling the order, I don't if I can get any of of those collections and add-on to Israel. I can live without the Scorpion statue and skin (although it will be awesome), but those 4 characters? At least will all get them via post release DLC?
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I think the Kombat Pack will actually be the same as the Season Pass for Mortal Kombat 9 if you remember how that worked.

And yes, the European Kollector's Edition should be available on amazon.co.uk. It is not yet available but it should be soon.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:I think the Kombat Pack will actually be the same as the Season Pass for Mortal Kombat 9 if you remember how that worked.

And yes, the European Kollector's Edition should be available on amazon.co.uk. It is not yet available but it should be soon.
2 more questions:
First, I've never used the season pass (so I don't know how it does work). So with the pre-ordered copy, I should get some sort of a code or something?

And second of all, if I do cancel my pre-order and instead ordering the European edition, would I be able to get Goro only after it will come out as DLC (in other words, does Goro not included there)?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

1. The Season Pass was a code that you simply redeemed and when the ext DLC character appeared you automatically had access to it.

2. Sorry on that one. I missed a part of the information. I updated the news. The Goro bonus seems to be there for all who pre-order, Edition doesn't matter.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:1. The Season Pass was a code that you simply redeemed and when the ext DLC character appeared you automatically had access to it.

2. Sorry on that one. I missed a part of the information. I updated the news. The Goro bonus seems to be there for all who pre-order, Edition doesn't matter.

Ok now I remember how to deal with season passes (thanks for that), but as for Goro, he should at least be a DLC character post release right?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I suspect he will be, at some point. But it will definitely take a while I think.
I Rule This World!

superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

I don't get it, the premium edition is going to have the golden scorpion and goro or they will be just limited to the pre-order?
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

superfamoso wrote:I don't get it, the premium edition is going to have the golden scorpion and goro or they will be just limited to the pre-order?
The Goro bonus will probably be just for who pre-orders the regular game. The special editions will not include Goro. At least that's how it seems.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

If you pre-order the game, you get Goro. What edition you pre-order doesn't matter.
I Rule This World!

superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

Gambid wrote:If you pre-order the game, you get Goro. What edition you pre-order doesn't matter.
prfct, I won't pre-order it, as it's very expensive (here in argentina), but I'm now worried about golden scorpion as scorpion is my favourite character. is he going to be in the premium edition, or just in the limited edition? are other DLC's confirmed for the kombat pack?
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

superfamoso wrote:
Gambid wrote:If you pre-order the game, you get Goro. What edition you pre-order doesn't matter.
prfct, I won't pre-order it, as it's very expensive (here in argentina), but I'm now worried about golden scorpion as scorpion is my favourite character. is he going to be in the premium edition, or just in the limited edition? are other DLC's confirmed for the kombat pack?
Scorpion's skin isn't gonna be in the premium edition. And no, there is no other DLC confirmed for the Kombat Pack excpet the 4 characters, which we still don't know who they are.

I, BTW, just cancelled my order of the regular game and pre-ordered the Kollector's Edition (Europe). It was cheaper the Amercian edition and it contains pretty much everything except the gold Scorpion statue, although I do get the regular Scorpion statue which is still awesome.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

All of these additional skins and Goro will most probably be available at a later stage as a normal DLC. With Goro and with the 4 characters for the Kombat Pack there are currently 5 confirmed DLCs.

Codes for all these will also be available on EBay from people who are selling theirs I suppose.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ok people just wanted to let ya know: I pre-ordered the European Kollector's Edition (canceled my previous pre-order) and it contains Goro as well as the Gold Scorpion skin in addition to the Kombat pack with the 4 unannounced DLC kharacters.
superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

ok, I'll wait untill they release them as DLC (what a kind way of steal money, in my days special content and skins were unlocked by playing, not buying them as DLCs)
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

Return to “News Articles”