Tasia Returns to Life in the Mortal Kombat X Comic Book

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Tasia Returns to Life in the Mortal Kombat X Comic Book

Post by Gambid »

The Mortal Kombat X comic book doesn't keep surprising its fans and its creators. It was recently announced that the first printed issue was completely sold out and a reprint was ordered. But what we are going to focus on in this news is its fifth digital chapter which features the long awaited return of the female assassin and member of the Black Dragon Tasia:
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Tasia And Jarek Return 01 Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Tasia And Jarek Return 02
Even some of the hard core and long time Mortal Kombat fans might have a problem remembering who Tasia is, so lets take a closer look at her story:

Tasia is a member of the Black Dragon clan and has so far appeared in only one and unfortunately the worst game of the Mortal Kombat franchise, Mortal Kombat: Special Forces:
Mortal Kombat Special Forces Intro Tasia Render Mortal Kombat Special Forces Intro The Black Dragon Escape
There she escaped together with Kano from a Special Forces prison only to later be stopped/killed by Jax. The game does not provide a story for her. Here are two videos in which the character was featured:

The Intro:
The Prison Break:
The character was also featured in episode 6 of The History of Mortal Kombat:
Whether her appearance in the comic books is only a cameo, we will have to wait and find out. We certainly hope to see some development of the character and probably some role in the Mortal Kombat X game. For now it is nice to see all these characters coming back to life and we strongly suggest you pick a copy of the Mortal Kombat X comic book if you consider yourself a hard core fan of the franchise.

Were you surprised to see Tasia? Tell us what you think of her return.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Tasia Returns to Life in the Mortal Kombat X Comic Book

Post by Roy Arkon »

I'm reading the Comic via online. I pay for that though. The comic book is awesome thus far.

On a side note, just from the footage of those vid's I can see how god-awful that game was, the way Jax was posing with the gun in the intro was just bad. Gemini's voice actress was actually good but she alone couldn't have save it.

SPOILER ALERT:
As for Tasia, from what I've seen in that issue both Tasia and Jarek are killed by Erron Black who will probably be a new character in MKX. After Cassie Cage and her friend Jacqui (?) escaping Jarek and Tasia, Cassie drops her phone. Then Tasia and Jarek pick it up and they see Erron Black's reflection from behind and then probably both of them are killed by Black. At least that's how it seems. Honestly, I don't think that either of Tasia or Jarek will be back. Tasia has no story and Jarek was pretty much a replacment for Kano in MK4. Yes in MKA he got some new moves but he's still not that important to make a return, so now we have Kano in MKX, they will probably won't come back.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Interesting theory. It would be a shame if they come back for only two panels. I think the comic book series is here to stay, so no need to rush things.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Interesting theory. It would be a shame if they come back for only two panels. I think the comic book series is here to stay, so no need to rush things.
I personally would prefer it wouldn't stay for too long, because if the comic book will have a very long plot line that will continue way after the game's release, this will create a huge plot hole. Remember the Injustice comic book? That book's plot started 5 years before the events of the game's story. Now NRS and DC stopped publishing those books. I assume that it happened because the rest of the comics were suppose to reveal some parts of the overall plot after Injustice's story in case NRS were planning to make sequel, but if it was just all connected to the already exist Injustice and it just suffered from schedule issues, then it's not good. I don't want this possible scenario to happen with MKX as well.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Injustice: Gods Among Us wasn't canceled. In fact Year three is currently being released. New chapter each comes out each week. We might be having an update on that comic book series very soon.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Injustice: Gods Among Us wasn't canceled. In fact Year three is currently being released. New chapter each comes out each week. We might be having an update on that comic book series very soon.
Hope so.

Return to “News Articles”