Favorite fighting game(other than Mortal Kombat)

Favorite Fighting Game other than MK

Tekken
35%
Soul Calibur
No votes
Street Fighter
29%
Killer Instinct
12%
King of Fighters
6%
Capcom Vs Series
12%
Dead or Alive
No votes
Virtua Fighter
No votes
Bloody Roar
No votes
Other(list below)
6%

Total votes: 17

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Favorite fighting game(other than Mortal Kombat)

Post by Gambid »

It is indeed a great game :)

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
FearReptileFather
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by FearReptileFather »

killer instinct on xbox360 is awesome and i play a lot of fighting games and beat em up arcade game machine i played mk 1 arcade game i was 12 in 1992 at my bowling place in my city
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

No fighting game, at the long run, has managed to hook me more then the MK games, but if I had to choose, it will be a tie between Marvel Vs. Capcom and Soul Calibur. SC was my favorite 3D-only fighting game series, especially Soul Calibur 4 which really liked (except the 3D MK games of course. But if I really had to choose just one, it will be the MVC series. I was already a huge fan of X-Men even before I became an MK fan, so playing as Wolverine (my favorite comic book hero) and even later as Magneto (my favorite comic book villian) was nothing short of epic. I have mixed feelings about the series overall though, as Capcom made the later games in the series just WAY TO HARD. That's why I prefer to play the older games in the series, so I was really happy when MVC Origins came in. Too bad that I wouldn't be able to play it on PS4. My personal favorites from that series were Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, because they weren't that hard and both Wolverine and Magneto were in them.

On a side note, I didn't gave a them about Street Fighter and other Capcom games until XM Vs. SF came out. So if it wasn't for MVC, I would probably just play MK as well as 3D fighters like Tekken and SC that I've played (at least not until a much later stage in my life), but they all were awesome and fun to play, even though that some of them were just way too hard to learn including SC.

I've also played a lot or at least some games of Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Samurai Shodown, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Namco's Dragon Ball Z games, but also Dead or alive 1 (PS1), Bloody Roar 2, Red Earth (which was very close to MK in terms of gore, and it was a Capcom game), and of course Injustice.

So yeah I'm going with MVC.

Edit: I've also played a lot of WWE games (and WCW Mayhem), including WWF WrestleMania the Arcade Game and WWF: In Your House which were more like fighting games then wrestling games.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “Other Fighting Games”